10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Janz View Post
    Maybe you're losing a lot because you're just bad, and the MMR system is trying to push you to your correct rank?
    Nope. When my team is good, I pull my weight and don't get carried. When my team is bad, I'm not skilled enough to carry
    5 other people against a competent opposition. And besides, there are times where I do face a team that has players that
    dwarf me in skill. They're either smurf accounts or they're just as unlucky as I am.

Lot of factors at play. I may be playing like shit for the day, my team might play like shit when I'm having the (personally) set game of my life making picks left and right but my team can't/won't capitalize on it. Next game I get someone that picks to play Hanzo and I look at the stats and see they have 10 minutes playtime on him. Might get a game where we are all coordinated and dominate the other team never letting them out of their spawn (happened twice on Gibraltar).
    It's frustrating when I climb to 2900, a personal best for me (I'm not an amazing player), just to fall to 2000 over a few weeks because I seem to get on this bad luck streak of every 7-10 games something goes wrong. From players being toxic, trying a new character, or issues I mentioned above. I've got some friends who play, but we are all of different skill levels and prefer to play QP with each other since we don't want to ruin each other's Comp Rankings.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, I think I give up with comp. Again. I just don't seem to have whatever mystery ingredient or piece of skill it takes to win a match, nothing's changed since last season. Sure, if I win it takes 3 losses to wipe out my gain, but those losses just happen immediately so I go nowhere. There's still the leavers and trolls, incredibly, yet another Mei this time blocked off our 76. And if someone does leave, you get the maximum loss for it, either by design or by sheer virtue of not being able to function against such odds.

What more is there? I look at master overwatch for yesterday and today, I Won 6 lost 12, but with 95%ile stats on blocking damage, dealing damage and eliminations. I literally cannot do any more than this, but still it's not enough. I always seem to be put on the underdog side too, I don't get it.

On a more positive note, I rarely do trick shots, but this happened https://gfycat.com/PointedWeeLacewing so that was fun, shame moments later a wild Tracer appeared and killed me.

This happened too https://gfycat.com/VagueMiserableGibbon for some reason this is 'normal' due to the lack of people dealing with Pharah.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2017-02-19 at 10:43 PM.

It looks like every winning team has a Mercy and Pharah now, already tired of Mercy in every match.

Most people seem completely incapable of target priority allocation, Mercy>Bastion>Pharah ect, instead they sit there shooting what Mercy is healing.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-02-19 at 08:39 PM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    It looks like every winning team has a Mercy and Pharah now, already tired of Mercy in every match.

Most people seem completely incapable of target priority allocation, Mercy>Bastion>Pharah ect, instead they sit there shooting what Mercy is healing.
    Because everyone relies on 1 hitscan hero to handle Pharah and don't realize that it doesn't often work, especially when babysat by Mercy. It's easy to say kill Mercy before Pharah, but often Pharah bodyblocks Mercy, whether realizing it or not. One of the reasons another thread is asking for a Pharah nerf.
    One of my favorite things lately is seeing all these picks that can't do anything against her that well. Playing a game and seeing Junk, Mei as your 2 damage dealers and then complaining about Pharah.

Still getting matched with 6+ Koreans a game. The latency compensation is vicious.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

10+ Year Old Account

Two examples in my above post on how to deal with Pharah

One problem with taking a hitscan to take care of pharah is that that one hitscan hero doesn't always have the opportunity to constantly deal with pharah.

For example soldier can hitscan Pharah but there are 5 other players on the opposing team trying to kill soldier, if one of the 6 kill Soldier then Pharah gets to run roughshod on the opposing team until the soldier can make it back. I don't know how many times I have been soldier and started to lay into a pharah or even look up and around to find the Pharah only to get hooked and killed or stunned and unloaded on. While that hitscan hero is down Pharah runs rampant.

McCree is not good enough of a hitscan, his rate of fire is too low and at high range his damage drops off and if you miss once or twice you take too long to kill pharah. Mei has a slight wait between trigger pull and firing because she has to form an icicle in the chamber and that tends to throw off her air accuracy.

Most people can only seem to kill a pharah when she locks into position during an ult, so the trick is to not always ult when you can but rather to save it for moments when you can't fail.

I personally would like to see another jump pack character with shorter jump pack bursts and a cose range shotgun, one whose job is to jump in and blast and can jump to to a pharah and put her down efficiently.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Nope. When my team is good, I pull my weight and don't get carried. When my team is bad, I'm not skilled enough to carry
    5 other people against a competent opposition. And besides, there are times where I do face a team that has players that
    dwarf me in skill. They're either smurf accounts or they're just as unlucky as I am.
    You always tell everyone that the only reason you lose is because your team is bad, truth is your entire team, with you included, was not good enough to beat the other team. You are part of a team and you win and lose as a team. To continuously blame your team for all of your losses but none of it was your fault just smacks of immaturity. Of course you think you are awesome and that you are not the problem, you are like all humans incapable of looking at the world through any other viewpoint than your own meat suit but I can assure you that your viewpoint is completely skewed and unrealistic.

Nobody believes you when you tell everyone all the time that if you lose it is because the other 5 people sucked and it is never your fault. Plz Staaaahp.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Deleted
    We're dealing with a prime example of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunnin...3Kruger_effect

Deleted
    One problem with taking a hitscan to take care of pharah is that that one hitscan hero doesn't always have the opportunity to constantly deal with pharah.

For example soldier can hitscan Pharah but there are 5 other players on the opposing team trying to kill soldier, if one of the 6 kill Soldier then Pharah gets to run roughshod on the opposing team until the soldier can make it back. I don't know how many times I have been soldier and started to lay into a pharah or even look up and around to find the Pharah only to get hooked and killed or stunned and unloaded on. While that hitscan hero is down Pharah runs rampant.

McCree is not good enough of a hitscan, his rate of fire is too low and at high range his damage drops off and if you miss once or twice you take too long to kill pharah. Mei has a slight wait between trigger pull and firing because she has to form an icicle in the chamber and that tends to throw off her air accuracy.

Most people can only seem to kill a pharah when she locks into position during an ult, so the trick is to not always ult when you can but rather to save it for moments when you can't fail.

I personally would like to see another jump pack character with shorter jump pack bursts and a cose range shotgun, one whose job is to jump in and blast and can jump to to a pharah and put her down efficiently.

- - - Updated - - -

You always tell everyone that the only reason you lose is because your team is bad, truth is your entire team, with you included, was not good enough to beat the other team. You are part of a team and you win and lose as a team. To continuously blame your team for all of your losses but none of it was your fault just smacks of immaturity. Of course you think you are awesome and that you are not the problem, you are like all humans incapable of looking at the world through any other viewpoint than your own meat suit but I can assure you that your viewpoint is completely skewed and unrealistic.

Nobody believes you when you tell everyone all the time that if you lose it is because the other 5 people sucked and it is never your fault. Plz Staaaahp.
    The points about soldier are 100% true, I main soldier and the amount of shit you get if you are not locking down Pharah is unreal.. All it takes is a hit or two from Ana for example and Pharah is dead, but what happens is you get left 1 v 1, then Pharah gets healed, you get hit from elsewhere and quickly you are killed, and as you say Pharah just rages through your team.

I think my deaths to roadhog account for about 8 out of 10 of all.. Mainly when I'm trying to kill Pharah with a pocket Mercy healer.. Then I get called shit for not doing my job!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Janz View Post
    We're dealing with a prime example of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunnin...3Kruger_effect
    Really? The system itself is trying to get me to rise by virtue of giving me more points for a win than a loss, and my QP MMR is ~2.3k which is consistent with placements previous to this season. I'm not asking or looking to be GM or whatever, I just want to get the wins to be where the system pegs me in one system and has pegged me in the past. I'm entirely okay with being around 'average'; it's the backsliding purely from the lack of wins that gets to me.

Sometimes I feel like PotG should have different modifiers. Playing Ana, I boosted Rein, used my E on 3 enemies, got 2 kills with shooting, and slept a Roadhog Ult, within roughly 10 seconds. PotG went to a Pharah who got 3 kills with Q. Just sad I never get to see my "Shh" intro.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Sometimes I feel like PotG should have different modifiers. Playing Ana, I boosted Rein, used my E on 3 enemies, got 2 kills with shooting, and slept a Roadhog Ult, within roughly 10 seconds. PotG went to a Pharah who got 3 kills with Q. Just sad I never get to see my "Shh" intro.
    ya they really need to have support role POTG. The only Ana POTG I ever got was boosting a zarya, throwing my grenade in the pile and just shooting everything. that SHH intro is sooo good. shame it never gets seen
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Quote Originally Posted by Draex View Post
    The points about soldier are 100% true, I main soldier and the amount of shit you get if you are not locking down Pharah is unreal.. All it takes is a hit or two from Ana for example and Pharah is dead, but what happens is you get left 1 v 1, then Pharah gets healed, you get hit from elsewhere and quickly you are killed, and as you say Pharah just rages through your team.

I think my deaths to roadhog account for about 8 out of 10 of all.. Mainly when I'm trying to kill Pharah with a pocket Mercy healer.. Then I get called shit for not doing my job!!
    Right!!!??? I picked 76 cuz I knew the team had Pharah and no one else on my team would pick a hitscan. On Hanamura, Pharah kept ducking behind a building and I was staying front line. She'd get a health pack and I'd shoot her when she popped out. All I heard the whole time was "Do something about Pharah!" Finally got tired of hearing it so I went for her, just to find Mercy and DVa with her. I call it out, leaving a 5v3 at the choke. Kill mercy on the way, team loses choke (my team 5 enemy team 3), we lose 1st point just to have enemy team race and cap 2nd. 4 people on my team start yelling in voice chat that it's my fault we lost because I was a terrible 76 for not locking down the Pharah.

10+ Year Old Account
    You always tell everyone that the only reason you lose is because your team is bad, truth is your entire team, with you included, was not good enough to beat the other team.
    That is blatantly ignorant and almost always never true.

So then playing with (or against) people who purposely under-perform to screw over
    other players, players who refuse to swap/ala trolls, and then leavers are the result
    of the entire team? Bullshit.

A team is only as strong as its weakest link. Sometimes its just one player, sometimes
    its more than one. I'll be the first to admit, as all of you have been at some point, been
    the weak link in the team.

If someone does poorly, that is NOT the fault of the team, that is the fault of the player
    for not being able to carry their weight. And there are a lot times where no, it is not
    your fault you lost.

I have been in plenty of games where I've had teammates or even opponents who are
    definitely more skilled than I am, and although yes, this is a team game, a "weak link"
    in a team (see above) can most definitely lead to a team failing.

Often at times, those of greater skill can carry, sure, but I'm not one of them.

You are part of a team and you win and lose as a team.
    So this part? Not true. Not in the least, and its ignorant to think so.

10+ Year Old Account
    2-2 tonight, net gain of 40SR. Tainted by a Symmetra main and a Bastion main though. The former did nothing on Attack surprisingly enough, the latter didn't do anything.

Highlight of the night, https://gfycat.com/UnpleasantAgreeableAcaciarat just avoiding DVa's self destruct, underneath King's Row. I totally intended to do this. >.<

And I take it all back about Venom Mine, got my first double kill with it.

Reaper probably needs a bit of a rework to become more of a tankbuster.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    2-2 tonight, net gain of 40SR. Tainted by a Symmetra main and a Bastion main though. The former did nothing on Attack surprisingly enough, the latter didn't do anything.

Highlight of the night, https://gfycat.com/UnpleasantAgreeableAcaciarat just avoiding DVa's self destruct, underneath King's Row. I totally intended to do this. >.<

And I take it all back about Venom Mine, got my first double kill with it.
    Do you stream or are you just recording all your gameplay?
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    That is blatantly ignorant and almost always never true.

So then playing with (or against) people who purposely under-perform to screw over
    other players, players who refuse to swap/ala trolls, and then leavers are the result
    of the entire team? Bullshit.

A team is only as strong as its weakest link. Sometimes its just one player, sometimes
    its more than one. I'll be the first to admit, as all of you have been at some point, been
    the weak link in the team.

If someone does poorly, that is NOT the fault of the team, that is the fault of the player
    for not being able to carry their weight. And there are a lot times where no, it is not
    your fault you lost.

I have been in plenty of games where I've had teammates or even opponents who are
    definitely more skilled than I am, and although yes, this is a team game, a "weak link"
    in a team (see above) can most definitely lead to a team failing.

Often at times, those of greater skill can carry, sure, but I'm not one of them.

So this part? Not true. Not in the least, and its ignorant to think so.
    You can get triggered all you want and it won't change the reality that none of us believe the excuses you make up to save face in your own mirror. You do it all the time, you are the guy who screams at everyone else on their team for sucking and take no personal responsibility unless you win, then you had a part in it, but if you lose it was everyone elses fault. You just need to learn how to lose without making up excuses because the fact is you are not going to win every game, it is physically impossible to never lose. Put on your big boy pants and own your losses like you do your wins.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-02-21 at 02:57 AM.

So long as my teammates are competent we tend to have a good chance at winning. But if they lack in many areas, or are trying new things -- it goes south really fast.