Deleted
    I've experienced some people trying 3-4 dps as well. Never seen it work out though, it starts off bad until they finally switch to 2 healers 2-3 tanks, then it goes way better again.

10+ Year Old Account
    2/2/2 is still the most common, but I think I see two tanks, one heals, and three DPS more than anything else outside of that makeup. People seem fairly agreeable to picking up two tanks but a second healer can sometimes be pulling teeth. That said, I have played the grand majority of this season's hours as a support (since it's usually needed and I actually like some of the healers), so maybe if I wasn't picking one there would be none. I did have one game that was five DPS and me, but that might be the only time I've seen it in competitive.

I don't really care if people want to try weird shit in Quick Play, though.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    2/2/2 is still the most common, but I think I see two tanks, one heals, and three DPS more than anything else outside of that makeup. People seem fairly agreeable to picking up two tanks but a second healer can sometimes be pulling teeth.
    Honestly, this is why I have more hours with Zenyatta than any other hero this season. I'll be that second healer, and provide strong offensive support to boot. I used to play Ana more, but I'm not happy with her nerfs (I would have preferred healing nerfs rather than offensive nerfs), and I can't stand Mercy (but do fine if we REALLY need the rez). Lucio I tend to avoid unless it's a boop-friendly map (likely to change when the PTR goes live; I like the shorter-radius stronger-heal dynamic they're going with).

I've also taken to locking in with Pharah relatively quickly if we don't get 2 instalock DPS. Though I'm willing to swap if we still get people locking DPS despite that.

Zenyatta's my jam, though.

1/3/2 is getting more and more common.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Yes, I'm whiny. I'm just bummed out.
    I'll see your bummed out and raise you this:

I kept playing, so it didn't capture it...but my season high was 2955 on 3/16. Currently at 2355, 2 weeks later. Part of that was salt picks after bad matches, but most of it was earnestly still trying to play support thanklessly. My Mercy went from an 80% winrate to 55.6 and plummeting. Every game I have the same consistency in healing done, rezzes, etc....just my team doesn't kill the other team.

Playing a support starts to feel like the only role where you can't do anything about anything. I can't heal the other team to death.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post

I kept playing, so it didn't capture it...but my season high was 2955 on 3/16. Currently at 2355, 2 weeks later. Part of that was salt picks after bad matches, but most of it was earnestly still trying to play support thanklessly. My Mercy went from an 80% winrate to 55.6 and plummeting. Every game I have the same consistency in healing done, rezzes, etc....just my team doesn't kill the other team.

Playing a support starts to feel like the only role where you can't do anything about anything. I can't heal the other team to death.
    Duo queue until you're at Diamond if you want to main support, or get really good at Zen.

Only options you have really if you really want to have an impact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Duo queue until you're at Diamond if you want to main support, or get really good at Zen.

Only options you have really if you really want to have an impact.
    Yeah I feel like when I 2 man with my brother I go on big win streaks...but he doesn't like to play as much as I do. I QP half the time, but it feels so unrewarding to not get the weapon currency.
    BAD WOLF

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post

No, no, clearly you're the problem, the game knows exactly where you're supposed to be

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    The game's almost a year old now, and still people are closing their eyes to Tracer, Genji and Pharah, pretending they're not their problem to deal with, hoping someone else can, or just wishing they'll go away.

Not playing support again in comp. Everyone else derelicts their positions, their protection of their healers, and just lets these flankers run absolute riot. Then blames you for it. Fuck that.
    Dota 2 and LoL are how old now?
    And players still do the same.

Don't expect change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    No, no, clearly you're the problem, the game knows exactly where you're supposed to be
    Yeah, lol.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    There seems to be a new bot out, ran into about 3 obvious botters tonight, not seen anything suspect for weeks. :|

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    I'd argue it'll never be accurate for Mercy/passive support mains because of how reliant you are on a team, till some extent atleast.

10+ Year Old Account
    AHHHHHH THESE GROUPS.

Four tanks, a Bastion, and me as support. The other team had ults every 5 seconds from all the giant bulletsponges, and I couldn't keep everyone up by myself.

Down 400 points from my season high now. This will be my last game today and then I am going to go nerdrage around my house.

| twitch | bsky
    |

Finally level 25.
    Should I bother with ranked?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    Finally level 25.
    You can't tell from my endless bitching the last three days (sorry, y'all) but honestly competitive is a lot better experience IMO. People will at least somewhat try for comp and teamwork in most games, moreso the higher you rank. That happens so rarely in quick play.

Of course, the expectation in quick play is lower, so it's more relaxed and easy to try new heroes or laugh off people trying weird shit.

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally level 25.
    Ignore the whining, TBH. Competitive is a better game mode; the maps are more balanced and the penalties for leavers and such keep things more friendly.

That's not to say it's totally without toxicity, but most of my matches don't see it, and chances are when we DO get a toxic player, the rest of the team is on your side and telling them off.

Haven't played in about 4 days. Last few games I was playing solo support, and even though we won, it was pretty stressful. Got tired of teammates spamming Need Healing while I was being charged by 1-3 of the opposing team the rest of the game when they figured out I was the only healer. We actually ended up winning both times, just not in the mood to have to deal with that again for a while. 1 game I felt better because a teammate actually spoke up and said they had to do a better job protecting me, but they still did their thing for the most part. Luckily, the way they were spread helped me out and I could fly from teammate to teammate and stay alive for a while, even though the spread wasn't planned for my benefit.
    The flip side though was being the only healer and being able to stay alive I got my Ult up a lot of times thru the fight.

I play pretty much exclusively Zen and Zarya in comp. Zarya is a great bully (at least in plat), without her I find most teams just don't push in. I almost always get top damage, elims, etc. so I get 30+ rating for a win and I can easily push in with her shields and damage once she gets high energy.

Zen is great because I can make up for the DPS sucking (at least somewhat) because of how ridiculous his dmg and discord is. I feel those 2 heroes make up for the typical weaknesses of your team more than most others.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally level 25.
    If you ever want the golden skins for your weapons, you'll need to, as the currency for
    those are only gotten through Ranked matches.

If you don't care about them, then nah. Ranked doesn't feel that much different from
    QP to be honest.