10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair for to some of you, you should put in the time and be able to play 2 characters from each section. I managed to get 2 buddies out of bronze elo (~1000) to 1800 and 2000 respectively. Although I was there to help and could carry easily if I played a damage and my buddies healed me; I still made as much of an impact when playing as a tank or support. Communication is key in this game and if you go into a game bitching about someone's pick you are just going to make everyone play bad and they will not want to switch. Learn to play more than one role and be friendly. Make sure you and your team engage in talking because that is the real secret no one is mentioning.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold of Skullcrusher View Post
    Just lost 9 out of 10 placements. Rating 1061... So not very good, lol.
    honestly for placement matches, play for yourself. obviously you want to win, but do it by chasing those kills or getting those heals up. placement is all about personal play more than team winning. i won 2 matches and got placed at 2200 then moved up to 3200. during actual comp matches, its about team play because even if you play amazing, if the team loses, you lose ranking regardless. placement matches be greedy to get your ranking up.

of course this only applies to people who have never done comp before and don't get pigeonholed by their previous season ranking. if your rank last season was 1500, and you play amazing in the placements this go around, dont expect to be too much higher in ranking than your previous season, think like 200 SR difference in either direction. if you really want to not be pigeonholed and think you are much much better than what your rank suggests, the only way around that is to grind your way up, which is what i did and it was terrible, or just buy the game over again and truly start from scratch. ive seen people do that and go from being placed at low gold because of past seasons where they didnt care to try, to being placed in high diamond/master after buying the game again and starting new.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

10+ Year Old Account
    Lost the match, ~2m from the end point because I was the only one on the payload and I died in overtime (everyone else was alive and fighting elsewhere). I even specifically said on voice that I was alone and when I died we'd get kicked out of overtime. Eventually died, match ends, we lose with half the payload covering the end spot. Team asks, "how the fuck did we not win that?" Well, because as forewarned, I died. "Maybe you should stop sucking so much on support then you wouldn't die." People also complained several times in the match about lack of heals even though we were never grouped up and our Rein liked chasing kills with his hammer more than using his shield and there is a ceiling on how much healing I can do NO MATTER HOW HARD I PUSH MY BUTTONS.

Only card at the end for my team... 18k healing / 33% of team damage. I was also gold objective time, gold objective eliminations, in addition to healing. Pretty good for me. So you know what, they can suck it. <3

On the other hand, I won a game today also, because three of the other team left. And I'm back up almost 500 points from my 1000 plummet last week. I don't think I'll ever get back to gold, but at least I'm back in the place where I'm getting groups again with people who seem to understand how the game works.

THERE. ENDING ON A POSITIVE NOTE FOR ONCE.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2017-04-11 at 01:06 AM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Until tomorrow when i can play again.
    I expect 4 more losses.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Lost the match, ~2m from the end point because I was the only one on the payload and I died in overtime (everyone else was alive and fighting elsewhere). I even specifically said on voice that I was alone and when I died we'd get kicked out of overtime. Eventually died, match ends, we lose with half the payload covering the end spot. Team asks, "how the fuck did we not win that?" Well, because as forewarned, I died. "Maybe you should stop sucking so much on support then you wouldn't die." People also complained several times in the match about lack of heals even though we were never grouped up and our Rein liked chasing kills with his hammer more than using his shield and there is a ceiling on how much healing I can do NO MATTER HOW HARD I PUSH MY BUTTONS.

Only card at the end for my team... 18k healing / 33% of team damage. I was also gold objective time, gold objective eliminations, in addition to healing. Pretty good for me. So you know what, they can suck it. <3

On the other hand, I won a game today also, because three of the other team left. And I'm back up almost 500 points from my 1000 plummet last week. I don't think I'll ever get back to gold, but at least I'm back in the place where I'm getting groups again with people who seem to understand how the game works.

THERE. ENDING ON A POSITIVE NOTE FOR ONCE.
    You should have pointed out that the payload moves much faster with 3 people on it, it's actually something a lot of people don't realise still and sometimes actually works to encourage people to actually get on it.

7+ Year Old Account
    i think people might be a bit... well... too excited about the new event.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by High Priest Arafal View Post
    i think people might be a bit... well... too excited about the new event.
    My guess is they had to limit server capacity until they get the root of what caused all the unexpected error dcs

2 more ranked losses.
    Sigh

I was placed really strangely this season, and I've been having issues climbing to my previous rank. In S4, I won 3, drew 2, lost 5 in placements and was placed in the 1300s (bronze). I got up to 2012 (gold) on a 11 win streak, and which got broken due to a leaver (rip the dream). I've fallen to around 1750, and floundered around that point over the last 50 or so games.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Due to work and busyness, i can only play at most 3-4 games. win 3 lose 1 or win 2 lose 2. about to give up climbing as i don't queue with anyone and i can't carry myself as a tank main. my target is to have at least enough comp points for a sweet golden gun.

this new mode and skins... <3
    but could've have more emotes and victory poses

My free loot box got me the new Genji skin.
    Last edited by Scufflegrit; 2017-04-12 at 05:59 PM.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

I am done with ranked. I am now in the 1100s

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    I am done with ranked. I am now in the 1100s
    You need to find 2-3 friends to play with consistently or a full team of 6. It makes it much better when you all start to work together. Granted I'm stuck in the 1800's again after pushing to 2200+ I believe. The more slots in your team you control the better you can create a strategy versus solo queue hell.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Deleted
    Playing better is the best way to get higher rank.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    You need to find 2-3 friends to play with consistently or a full team of 6. It makes it much better when you all start to work together. Granted I'm stuck in the 1800's again after pushing to 2200+ I believe. The more slots in your team you control the better you can create a strategy versus solo queue hell.
    This depends on your rank.

If you get to higher ratings I'd argue duo queue is always the best, maybe 3 at max.

You actually need to take advantage of the solo queued pubbers, both in your team and on theirs, if you go with a 4-5 stack you basically have to outplay their 4-5 stack which seems obvious but it's generally much harder.

Lucio now has a Boooostio voice line when Ana accidentally hits him with her ult. Props to Blizz.

My aim sucks any tips? I have lowered my DPI to about 1500, and the oither thing on the OW menu to about 4.25

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Lucio now has a Boooostio voice line when Ana accidentally hits him with her ult. Props to Blizz.
    Shame they've trashed him as a hero then really.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Shame they've trashed him as a hero then really.
    Since I'm finding TF2 a bit more fun, I haven't actually played in quite a while... weren't the Lucio chances supposed to make him unkillable af?