10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Wins/losses aren't totally irrelevant. Kaplan said in one of his recent interviews that wins/losses are one of the primary ways they determine your "personal performance" along with comparing your stats to similar places on that hero. And it makes sense; we already know win/loss affects your ongoing SR throughout the season so it's not that crazy that it would influence your initial SR.

So basically, if you lose all your matches, it's going to rank your personal performance as lower than if you had won, but of course it's still judged within the context of your own MMR and your past seasons' SR. So you still want to win as much as possible to place as high as possible, but it's not like you win all your games and you end up grandmaster, lose them all and you're in bronze. Based on that, I suspect its like... if the system thinks you should be in the 2500-2800 range based on those other aforementioned factors, it's going to put you closer to 2800 if you won a lot and your stats were strong, but push you closer to 2500 if your placement games went poorly.
    Last season I lost 6 of my placements and still gained 150SR (which was the most I'd seen anyone claim to gain on here or the official boards). I really don't believe W/L has any impact on your placement at all. It does seem absurd that 10 matches would in any way 'overwrite' significantly the performance of potentially hundreds of matches in a previous season. What had actually happened was I'd lost a lot of SR in a loss streak prior to the season's end and to some extent the placements were able to fix that (though, by contrast had I won 8 matches in placement like I did in S3, I'd have gained much more than 150SR in normal matches, when in fact I lost a small amount)...

When Kaplan was talking about W/L in that way, I don't think he was referring to placements.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2017-06-04 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Its a shame the game doesn't let you send friend requests to players who you notice have skill and can behave themselves and then invite them to a 6 man team so you don't have to solo queue at all.
    Do you think I don't know how to make a group? Also, sarcasm is meant to be funny. Sarcasm without humor is just bitchy.

Anyway, I managed to hit diamond playing nothing but Mercy. It was quite the hike, dropping down to the mid 2800s multiple times, and missing the 3k mark by a hair multiple times too. Ugh so frustrating. I would advice any people that main support to really try and place high to begin with because climbing as one is not fun.

Sadly, pushing with Mercy made me sick of playing her. I think I'll stick to QM for the rest of the season trolling with Symmetra and Mei.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did all my placements last night and it was a bit of a mess. Lots of weird comps, poor communication, solo healing (I only played Mercy), some leavers/dcs (who knows), people who I'm sure where throwing, and I ended up placing 107 SR lower than I finished last season. Which is fine. I didn't play much last season but I'm hankering for Ana's golden gun so I think this season will be a grind.

It did feel like QP, though, which was depressing. Just going to try not to focus on my SR, put my head down, and keep my eye on that beautiful golden biotic rifle

10+ Year Old Account
    Widowmaker. The one hero where you'll get abuse from both teams for picking her.

Placed at 1920, that's -200SR on last season's end. Won 6 lost 4. Every match sucked.

I had someone on my team leave in 4 of my placement games... Back to only playing arcade again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Back to 2.1k really quickly. Better games out of placement, but finally people are actually accepting that Symm is a trash hero that shouldn't be bothered with by anyone ever. She is too niche to be worth a learning investment.

I'm scared they'll nerf Orisa. She is an excellent barrier tank, with a shit ton of utility. Way better in comp than QP would suggest.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2017-06-04 at 04:14 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Went 2-7-1 for my worst placement matches since the game launched. First time getting placed under Plat in a few seasons. Tried to wipe last season clean, be positive, and go back to healing faces off. Had the worst groups of DPS and tanks ever, which completely ruined my ability to do anything productive in the matches. Games since getting placed at gold have been stereotypically bad, trash picks and getting rolled, even worse than mid season when I was at peak salt.

This fucking sucks. Took 1 day to get me where I was at mentally when I was *this* close (2955) just to get a train of losses with bad DPS at which point I just started playing Hanzo and Pharah b/c, whatever. Already back there. Stepped into the dojo and probably will sink her all season.

50+% winrate all career. I'm sitting at 8-18 for 30% this season. What the fuck is even going on right now?
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Went 2-7-1 for my worst placement matches since the game launched. First time getting placed under Plat in a few seasons. Tried to wipe last season clean, be positive, and go back to healing faces off. Had the worst groups of DPS and tanks ever, which completely ruined my ability to do anything productive in the matches. Games since getting placed at gold have been stereotypically bad, trash picks and getting rolled, even worse than mid season when I was at peak salt.

This fucking sucks. Took 1 day to get me where I was at mentally when I was *this* close (2955) just to get a train of losses with bad DPS at which point I just started playing Hanzo and Pharah b/c, whatever. Already back there. Stepped into the dojo and probably will sink her all season.

50+% winrate all career. I'm sitting at 8-18 for 30% this season. What the fuck is even going on right now?

Well this kind of thing, seems to work both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Do you think I don't know how to make a group? Also, sarcasm is meant to be funny. Sarcasm without humor is just bitchy.

Anyway, I managed to hit diamond playing nothing but Mercy. It was quite the hike, dropping down to the mid 2800s multiple times, and missing the 3k mark by a hair multiple times too. Ugh so frustrating. I would advice any people that main support to really try and place high to begin with because climbing as one is not fun.

Sadly, pushing with Mercy made me sick of playing her. I think I'll stick to QM for the rest of the season trolling with Symmetra and Mei.
    I just don't know why you guys come here to complain about randomly getting bad players when you hit a random group button. It does what it is designed to do. I use it but I don't complain about how bad random people are. I'm just as likely to get a team full of bads as I am to be against a team full of bads. It happens.

To me it is like buying a truck that gets 7 miles to the gallon even though I could of bought a car that gets 32 and then complaining that it sucks gas money out of my wallet.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-06-04 at 07:05 PM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you know that not only can D.Va eat Pharah's ult? She can actually cause her to suicide by Rocket Boosting into her...

Not my PotG, but that's my Mech; I didn't even realise that had happened at the time. Probably the most amusing PotG I've been involved in.

http://plays.tv/video/59347a224f4950...cks-pharah-ult

I just don't know why you guys come here to complain about randomly getting bad players when you hit a random group button. It does what it is designed to do. I use it but I don't complain about how bad random people are. I'm just as likely to get a team full of bads as I am to be against a team full of bads. It happens.

To me it is like buying a truck that gets 7 miles to the gallon even though I could of bought a car that gets 32 and then complaining that it sucks gas money out of my wallet.
    You know everything in life is random? Yet people are still allowed to complain about it anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    You know everything in life is random? Yet people are still allowed to complain about it anyway.
    I guess it is just them venting, but it never really comes across that way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    playing nothing but Mercy
    Too fucking many Mercy mains around these days. And most of them suck at it too. Had multiple games already this season with 2-3 Mercy mains in my team. You know what that means? Usually that means one that can play a decent Mercy, and 1-2 that play shit anything else.

People who play only one hero in this game should get a slap in the face.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post

Hah, I can relate to that, kinda. I actually had 55% win rate S3, 53% win rate S4.

Now it's 39%. Yesterday morning, it was 32%. Had so much dreadful games this season it's crazy. But, it's getting better, and the climb back to Master is starting to seem like reality again.

Pro tip though, don't start trolling Hanzo and shit like that. It won't help. Quite the opposite.

Deleted
    So far this season has been a fucking pain. I won 3/10 placement matches so that's fun, after it i won two games got up to 2913 (i ended season 4 at 3k), lost 3 games down to fucking 2830 now I've done to games soloq and got my ass up to 2910 so hopefully later today i get to diamond so i can quit this game because.

RIP Roadhog our only true hero in the game, will forever be missed. Many tears was shed by our enemies I'm sad

Deleted
    what's the point of placements anyway? i've never been placed higher than i ended previous season, usually its around 100 sr less than i had at the end regardless of how many placements i win... this season won 7/10 got placed 100sr lower, last season went around 50:50 got placed 100sr lower... the only thing it may do to your rating is tank it severely like i did in season 3 where i made a mistake of playing in a 6 stack with semi-randoms who generally wouldn't communicate much... got stomped 8 times and placed in bronze (I end each season at around low plat - high gold)

ehhh just venting but srsly why dont they just place us at whatever we ended last season with :P

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

I can't be bothered complaining about it, but it does prove that MMR systems still have a long way to go when people keep getting matched with/against people who, by their standards, are bad. Now you can say "that's their imagination, they're actually just as bad themselves" and that'll apply to some people, but not nearly all.

Deleted
    won 9 placement matches and get 400 less rating then i should have.

have to grind it now

Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    won 9 placement matches and get 400 less rating then i should have.

have to grind it now
    How can u get less rating than you should have? You got what you should have gotten, notrhing more or less
    Fractal Design R5 |MSI Z87-G45 | i5 4690k @4.6Ghz | Noctua NH-D15 | Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1866 | MSI 980ti G6 |
    XFX 850W | WD Black 1TB | Samsung Evo 850 1TB | Samsung Evo 850 250GB SSD x 2 | Intel 180GB SSD | Rog Swift

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrix View Post
    How can u get less rating than you should have? You got what you should have gotten, notrhing more or less
    im 3100-3200 player. Got 2700 after placements

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    im 3100-3200 player. Got 2700 after placements
    Sounds like the game doesn't agree with you.