Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Then there is the opposite where Widow is on point and everyone else still blames her for their loss.

- - - Updated - - -

No.

/10characters
    Never seen a Widow on point get blamed for a loss. Quite the opposite, and I see people telling the other team Widow carried them or Widow on my team gets complimented. Been in games where Widow has even forced character swaps because she needs countered. I have had games in the past where Widow has gotten picks and might be leading elims, but when the team is missing frontline presence and your team is unable to break thru because you have a Widow ineffectively hitting a Rein shield to the people behind him, she isn't contributing as much as people think she is.
    As for your second part, what does that even mean? You respond to a post with "no." Do you seriously have no retort to the problem your own posts create? What's the "no" for? Is it reference to your posts where you insinuate DF needs a team around him? Is it reference Rein not always being a good pick when your team is all dive? Was it the Bastion part?
    Perfect example of why your posts are confusing and you need to clarify more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Turns out Call Mech deals damage, and can kill people.

http://plays.tv/video/59864c455d23bc...ch-kills-genji
    Yes, that's been around for a while now, just not as noticable because people don't really get hit by it often. Had it kill me once because o was low health on Mercy and used SHIFT to fly to someone straight thru a Call Mech that finished me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    This falls into what I was trying to point out earlier to one of Jessicka's posts. Killing the heals, or even spawn camping them, can sometimes work but doesn't always. I'm not saying you should switch your character, but it's something to think about. It also never hurts to suggest to your team to maybe swap some things up.
    I suggested our s76 to swap to reaper because as 76 he is just shooting shields from out of the point... I could swap to reaper and take care of the tanks but nobody would kill their backline.

I enjoyed on a personal basis but overall, well, a loss is a loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nozmail View Post
    I suggested our s76 to swap to reaper because as 76 he is just shooting shields from out of the point... I could swap to reaper and take care of the tanks but nobody would kill their backline.

I enjoyed on a personal basis but overall, well, a loss is a loss.
    If you blow up their front line as Reaper, their back line is now their front line for 76 to help with. And who cares about healers and back line if you're Reaper? Your damage isn't exactly being outhealed.

If you blow up their front line as Reaper, their back line is now their front line for 76 to help with. And who cares about healers and back line if you're Reaper? Your damage isn't exactly being outhealed.
    no.. that's not enough time to kill them. and the only close up damage dealer we'll have is reaper and d.va. we had 76, zarya, zen, and junk (I believe).

Deleted
    Yet another game that proves that teamwork is everything. Everyone worked together, kept their calm and communicated, easy 3-0 on Nepal (control map). Brought me up to 4137.

Deleted
    Win 3 games in a row due to communication, people ready to switch roles and playing well.
    Huh, guess there's hope for competetive after a-
    Lose 5 games in a row due to leavers, trolls, people refusing to communicate or refusing to switch off their "dps main", who they then proceed to suck horribly with.
    Nevermind, game's still a frustrating pile of shit.

Never seen a Widow on point get blamed for a loss. Quite the opposite, and I see people telling the other team Widow carried them or Widow on my team gets complimented. Been in games where Widow has even forced character swaps because she needs countered. I have had games in the past where Widow has gotten picks and might be leading elims, but when the team is missing frontline presence and your team is unable to break thru because you have a Widow ineffectively hitting a Rein shield to the people behind him, she isn't contributing as much as people think she is.
    As for your second part, what does that even mean? You respond to a post with "no." Do you seriously have no retort to the problem your own posts create? What's the "no" for? Is it reference to your posts where you insinuate DF needs a team around him? Is it reference Rein not always being a good pick when your team is all dive? Was it the Bastion part?
    Perfect example of why your posts are confusing and you need to clarify more.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, that's been around for a while now, just not as noticable because people don't really get hit by it often. Had it kill me once because o was low health on Mercy and used SHIFT to fly to someone straight thru a Call Mech that finished me.
    You are only getting a no because you were wrong and no matter how I explain it you will find a way to twist it to make yourself right. You are the only person here who had problems comprehending what I said so I say the issue lies with you. Frankly my life doesn't revolve around you and I have better things to do than argue with someone whose opinion doesn't matter on the internet.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-08-06 at 04:34 PM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

2998, end up with 5-man premade who just stand in spawn and lose 25 points. Wait 30 minutes to queue, END UP WITH THEM AGAIN AND LOSE AGAIN. Fucking piece of shit system. They need to delete these players accounts and never allow them to create a new account again.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2017-08-06 at 04:43 PM.

On a 50 game losing streak. Thats across all modes. 50 god damn games. Its all trolls and throwers since the patch. And I swear to god if I keep getting put in with comp teams of 3 or 4 people who just circle jerk themselves in the back then bitch at people trying to win, I'm done. This has been the worst OW has ever been for me.
    One of these days, I should probably figure out a decent signature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldonia View Post
    On a 50 game losing streak. Thats across all modes. 50 god damn games. Its all trolls and throwers since the patch. And I swear to god if I keep getting put in with comp teams of 3 or 4 people who just circle jerk themselves in the back then bitch at people trying to win, I'm done. This has been the worst OW has ever been for me.
    Sounds like my second from last game last night. 4 stack, they come on VC, insist everyone else does, then one of them tells us he's an amazing DPS and he won't play Support or Tank because he really sucks at it. Proceeds to get wrecked over and over by the other team's Reaper; he must have switched through every DPS hero without settling and just sucked at all of them. I think even his friends got sick of him, because they left the match at defeat leaving him on his own with the two of us solo who'd queued.

Last match of course we had a leaver who never came back for round 2, so everyone else left.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    You are only getting a no because you were wrong and no matter how I explain it you will find a way to twist it to make yourself right. You are the only person here who had problems comprehending what I said so I say the issue lies with you. Frankly my life doesn't revolve around you and I have better things to do than argue with someone whose opinion doesn't matter on the internet.
    So you spout your opinion like it matters and then tell others their opinion doesn't matter? Haven't seen that much hypocrisy in a while. Frankly, you did a terrible job of explaining your thoughts on the matter, got called out for it, and now trying to come up with ways to deny that instead of owning up to the issue of what your posts created.

- - - Updated - - -

In some cases a Reaper killing healers and the back line is more effective than tearing up the frontline. All those arguements many pages ago about people playing as a team and situational awareness seems to be lost. Some games a Reaper destroying a bqckline is so effective you never see him on the frontline.

So you spout your opinion like it matters and then tell others their opinion doesn't matter? Haven't seen that much hypocrisy in a while. Frankly, you did a terrible job of explaining your thoughts on the matter, got called out for it, and now trying to come up with ways to deny that instead of owning up to the issue of what your posts created.

- - - Updated - - -

In some cases a Reaper killing healers and the back line is more effective than tearing up the frontline. All those arguements many pages ago about people playing as a team and situational awareness seems to be lost. Some games a Reaper destroying a bqckline is so effective you never see him on the frontline.
    You can move along with your life now, I know that I am the center of your universe but you need to learn how to let things go. Good day to you sir. (I don't even bother to read your responses anymore so feel free to get the last word in, I don't care.)
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lost my 11th game in a row. Dropped to 1824... i won't touch this game again for a while.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

10+ Year Old Account
    It can. But if you're killing the healers and the rest of your team still can't break the line; it's time to try something else.

- - - Updated - - -

In other news, today went pretty well. Didn't start that way, but had one of those 'totally lose my shit with the team' moments on Nepal, Round 1 we just didn't have any damage so, in losing my shit I informed Tracer, and McCree that they were shit and could they switch to some real DPS instead of stupid flankers (more choice language was used). I went Pharah, and out rolled Bastion, Reaper and Sombra. We rolled the next 3 rounds 100-0. After that, just rolled out wins, and after dipping to 1930 I'm back up to 2120.

More nights like this please, without the losing my shit part. You owe me 17 net wins Blizz, for this past week and by my calculations based on my average SR gains, that would make me Platinum, so make it happen :|

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    2998, end up with 5-man premade who just stand in spawn and lose 25 points. Wait 30 minutes to queue, END UP WITH THEM AGAIN AND LOSE AGAIN. Fucking piece of shit system. They need to delete these players accounts and never allow them to create a new account again.
    haha I feel you, had a similar situation with 2461 rating, we won and I was sure I'd hit 2500, suddenly I see 2499.... That sucked :S
    Although because of that I didn't queue for days until I decided one day to risk it and surprisingly we did win, got to 2525... Sorry your situation isn't the same,
    it's much more common to lose when it matters it seems :P

I was one game from breaking back through 2500. Map is Temple, we go back and forth and we have some 4 minutes for a final tick to win the game.

Widow is destroying us and no-one seems prepared to counter her, or gets nailed by their pharah when they try. We're down to 30s left, when the rest of the team runs in the main door I push left and draw Widow's attention. She shoots at me putting me pretty low but my team gets across the bridge intact because they're not being harassed, then I toss in my self destruct from the flank angle and the explosion kills both their healers. Back into a full-health mech, boost in, chase down and shoot the widow dead. Reaper jumps in and I lock him down with matrix and no-one shoots him, I put him on a third health while he's reloading and he uses his invulnerability to escape. Enemy pharah uses her ultimate and I use my last dribble of matrix remaining to stop most of the initial burst, boost into her face and she blows herself up on me. Reaper takes me out of mech and then he and the single-tank Zarya that everyone else has charged to full wipes the team.
    The dps pipes up "We lost that because D.Va was out of position on last push, never pick her again" and I look at my 4 golds and sigh and re-queue.

After that, straight shot down to 2300 again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrik View Post
    I was one game from breaking back through 2500. Map is Temple, we go back and forth and we have some 4 minutes for a final tick to win the game.

Widow is destroying us and no-one seems prepared to counter her, or gets nailed by their pharah when they try. We're down to 30s left, when the rest of the team runs in the main door I push left and draw Widow's attention. She shoots at me putting me pretty low but my team gets across the bridge intact because they're not being harassed, then I toss in my self destruct from the flank angle and the explosion kills both their healers. Back into a full-health mech, boost in, chase down and shoot the widow dead. Reaper jumps in and I lock him down with matrix and no-one shoots him, I put him on a third health while he's reloading and he uses his invulnerability to escape. Enemy pharah uses her ultimate and I use my last dribble of matrix remaining to stop most of the initial burst, boost into her face and she blows herself up on me. Reaper takes me out of mech and then he and the single-tank Zarya that everyone else has charged to full wipes the team.
    The dps pipes up "We lost that because D.Va was out of position on last push, never pick her again" and I look at my 4 golds and sigh and re-queue.

After that, straight shot down to 2300 again.
    You sure have a nice way to tell stories. At least you know you did your best !
    (Also screw those dps)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yesterday went decently. Even had a team where everyone went ultra toxic with one another, but
    somehow, someway, we managed to take the point and win.

And then all my progress from yesterday was destroyed by two disconnects.

Lovely.

Deleted
    i started like 1-2 month ago, had a lot of fun, but getting really frustrated lately with doomfist oneshots. even made me quit one night and play other games, because i was so mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaoxy View Post
    i started like 1-2 month ago, had a lot of fun, but getting really frustrated lately with doomfist oneshots. even made me quit one night and play other games, because i was so mad.
    New hero. Usually means pretty strong and people are not yet familiar with countering them successfully. This can be said for both sides, but personally I tend to find myself partnered with people brand new to the character while going against someone who spent every waking moment on the PtR and QP with him.
    When new heroes are released for Comp I usually take about a 2 week to 1 month break from the game. After that time, people seem to have adjusted, maybe a new Meta has emerged, and I go back to my roles of support or tank I'm usually thrust into because no one ever wants to pick those roles. I guess I understand that, they are frustrating roles. Going solo heal and having a team member complain they got no healing (usually a flying Pharah or someone extremely far away trying to flank) while I'm pumping heals into the frontline as much as possible is aggravating.
    Hell, just had a game where my entire team picked dive and flank characters and complained that I tried staying on the payload to keep it from moving as Rein. So I said fuck it, picked Winston and just followed my team around. Laughed as we dived the backline, got a pick or 2 while the opposing teams 4 members sat on the payload and moved it nonstop all the way to the last checkpoint.