I've learned many things over the time that overwatch has been alive. Yet one thing that still infuriates me and I will more than likely never get over. Is fucking doorframes and other knicknacks that you can get stuck on. They infuriate me to no end as I find myself not being able to back up through a door simply because of a small notch that surrounds it. Better yet, getting stuck to them as you're using ground slam as doomfist.

"Git gud." Screw you doorframes, quality environment props my ass. If it was possible to remove them I wouldn't even bat an eye.

Welp, not gonna touch Mercy again until they change her... again. Mission complete I guess for people
    that think she was too strong and the OW team :P New ress is just horrbile.

ive actually noticed games being worse now with the mercy nerfs. because now that mercy isnt mandatory, people are going ana when they dont have the necessary aim to be good with her, so i find myself having gold healing as zen in every match. and losing of course because its like im solo healing as zen.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    ive actually noticed games being worse now with the mercy nerfs. because now that mercy isnt mandatory, people are going ana when they dont have the necessary aim to be good with her, so i find myself having gold healing as zen in every match. and losing of course because its like im solo healing as zen.
    Yeah, they definitely hit Mercy a little too fast. I would have waited until Moira was a solid pick before bringing the hammer down. Now, where there used to be people willing to heal since Mercy didn't require great mechanical skill, no one at my rank heals at all because we all lack the skill to main heal. No one is willing to put their SR on the line and lose for a whole season to learn Ana and get their aim on point, which is completely understandable. Lots of dps and a few tanks, zero healers. Hopefully Moira can fill that slot that Mercy no longer occupies.

I ended up finding a solid group of people to do comp with, which led to an ~80% win rate over the course of about 3 days and the acquisition of my first golden weapon (Mercy's). Turns out that the game is a lot more fun if you're not trying to solo-queue your way out of bronze. Getting a little tired of healing, though; I end up doing so pretty much every game if I want to have any shot of winning whatsoever. It's not as frustrating with my new friends since they're all good at different things and we at least manage to win most of the time, but being forced to play Mercy if I'm solo queuing because no one else will heal and it's that or take a guaranteed loss with 6 dps or 5 dps and a tank is a pretty thankless job.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Mercy definitely needed a nerf but I was very surprised that this was the iteration that went live. With the shorter range on rez after her rework, we already were killing Mercys pretty regularly when they flew into rez. Sometimes they'd get the rez off first, but that's still just a straight trade. Now she's rarely getting the rezzes off too. I wouldn't be surprise if they adjusted it again, either to remove the interrupt or lower the cast time, or both. (I kinda feel like all they really needed to do was raise the cooldown on rez, but what do I know.)

I'm still seeing Mercy mains in most matches, though. They're just not doing as well.
    Did this go live this week? I haven't had the chance to play much, but I'm not sure I'll keep playing Mercy if it's this bad. I currently have a ~75% win rate as mercy this season, but it looks like I'll get shit on every game with these changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Mercy definitely needed a nerf but I was very surprised that this was the iteration that went live. With the shorter range on rez after her rework, we already were killing Mercys pretty regularly when they flew into rez. Sometimes they'd get the rez off first, but that's still just a straight trade. Now she's rarely getting the rezzes off too. I wouldn't be surprise if they adjusted it again, either to remove the interrupt or lower the cast time, or both. (I kinda feel like all they really needed to do was raise the cooldown on rez, but what do I know.)

I'm still seeing Mercy mains in most matches, though. They're just not doing as well.
    Honestly, I just wish instead of all this nonsense they went through, they should have just took her original ult, decreased the time it needs to charge up but also limit it to rez only 2.

Like, they went overkill with adjusting her, made her ridiculously overpowered and changed her to appeal to people who didn't even want to play Mercy to begin with, and now they nerfed her to the ground. Mercy's probably still gonna stick for a while though just out of stubbornness and until people get better with Moira.

The current form, I think having a short range+75% slow while rezzing is just far too much. You're a sitting duck to literally anyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thesib View Post
    I ended up finding a solid group of people to do comp with, which led to an ~80% win rate over the course of about 3 days and the acquisition of my first golden weapon (Mercy's). Turns out that the game is a lot more fun if you're not trying to solo-queue your way out of bronze. Getting a little tired of healing, though; I end up doing so pretty much every game if I want to have any shot of winning whatsoever. It's not as frustrating with my new friends since they're all good at different things and we at least manage to win most of the time, but being forced to play Mercy if I'm solo queuing because no one else will heal and it's that or take a guaranteed loss with 6 dps or 5 dps and a tank is a pretty thankless job.

- - - Updated - - -

Did this go live this week? I haven't had the chance to play much, but I'm not sure I'll keep playing Mercy if it's this bad. I currently have a ~75% win rate as mercy this season, but it looks like I'll get shit on every game with these changes.
    Mercy is still functionally a solid pick. The new res though just feels like a rushed bandaid stop gap of a fix. And hopefully it is. It’s neither fun to play as her, nor fun to be ressed by her (yes, even being ressed feels clunky), and slightly tragic fighting against her when she’s such an easy target from the slow. It’s just bad design from literally every angle.

Playing with a friend for the free weekend and we run into this guy: https://masteroverwatch.com/profile/...B8%D1%8F-21222

Guy was wrecking us all over the place with soldier. It's an obvious smurf so why are we facing them when my friend is completely new to the game?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's getting to the point where all my losses require me to block the other 5 people I played with. Both from never having to hear them b/c they are awful, they throw, or are toxic af.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Under Your Spell View Post
    Playing with a friend for the free weekend and we run into this guy: https://masteroverwatch.com/profile/...B8%D1%8F-21222

Guy was wrecking us all over the place with soldier. It's an obvious smurf so why are we facing them when my friend is completely new to the game?
    He's level 9, he can't be an obvious smurf.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have lost 10 games in a row today to plummet from 2700s to this final game which will demote me back to gold for the first time this season. Game's are going great. I told myself last saturday not to play on saturdays...then I didn't listen.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    He's level 9, he can't be an obvious smurf.
    So you're telling me a new player would get top 5% hook accuracy on roadhog? 3.75 KD which is top 2%? Top 1% KD at 4.86 on soldier now? He had like 45% accuracy on soldier when I linked him. Get the KD that he has on junk? The elims? The damage? The accuracy?

No, new players don't have these kind of stats. It's a smurf, especially given how he was wrecking us in-game. I play high plat/low diamond and don't see players like this guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Started badly today, but 3-4 matches in it turned around with some shit matches, but won them anyway and things gradually improved in quality and still made wins. Went 12-6 and gained over 150SR so I'm back above 2300.

Best match was on Volskaya, first round went really badly losing defence with a minute or so to go, so figured I'd practice some Sombra. Turns out the premade in my team knew how to work with her, and we won Attack in about the same time. Held our defence, and took Point A on our second Attack in no time, this time flanking left with DVa, backed up by Pharmercy.

PotG was Rein setup with my EMP, this was my perspective https://plays.tv/video/5a10b1485e0bd...kaya-highlight

Quote Originally Posted by Under Your Spell View Post
    So you're telling me a new player would get top 5% hook accuracy on roadhog? 3.75 KD which is top 2%? Top 1% KD at 4.86 on soldier now? He had like 45% accuracy on soldier when I linked him. Get the KD that he has on junk? The elims? The damage? The accuracy?

No, new players don't have these kind of stats. It's a smurf, especially given how he was wrecking us in-game. I play high plat/low diamond and don't see players like this guy.
    I'm not saying he's not a smurf, he obviously is, the game however takes a little time to figure that out and 9 levels is too few.

I made a new account too with the free weekend (and 50% off) and on my first game I was on fire for 8:07 minutes as 76, that's a ridiculous number I'll never replicate on my main, it took me up until level 12 to encounter Master/GM players again.

The first 6 or so games were nothing but spawn camping, it's inevitable and in this case you cannot really blame the game for it because that guy is in fact allowed to buy a new account and level it up in peace, QP games mean nothing that early, by the time he's level 15 you'll likely never run into him again.

At this point people just complain about literally every single thing in this games matchmaking and while it's absolutely faulty there's limits to it.

My kid decided to smurf with her premade on free weekend and 2 hours later the free account was banned. So Blizzard is watching for it.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    My kid decided to smurf with her premade on free weekend and 2 hours later the free account was banned. So Blizzard is watching for it.
    I don't see how she could get banned for this unless it was ranked somehow? You sure she wasn't being toxic? I legit know over 10 people who do this every free weekend to get a smurf pre-leveled.

How are you supposed to level up if you're actually good at the game? Throw games to make yourself seem like less of a smurf?

They're not going to ban someone for making a new account and playing on it. I'm playing on a free account right now, yet to decide if I'll buy another account and I've reached lvl 15 and I started facing people who were playing in diamond and masters now, my queue time drastically increased as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    I'm not saying he's not a smurf, he obviously is, the game however takes a little time to figure that out and 9 levels is too few.

I made a new account too with the free weekend (and 50% off) and on my first game I was on fire for 8:07 minutes as 76, that's a ridiculous number I'll never replicate on my main, it took me up until level 12 to encounter Master/GM players again.

The first 6 or so games were nothing but spawn camping, it's inevitable and in this case you cannot really blame the game for it because that guy is in fact allowed to buy a new account and level it up in peace, QP games mean nothing that early, by the time he's level 15 you'll likely never run into him again.

At this point people just complain about literally every single thing in this games matchmaking and while it's absolutely faulty there's limits to it.
    My kid did a smurf with her usual friends with the free weekend and 2 hours into it the free accounts were banned. Blizzard is doing things about it but they can’t be everywhere at once and it is impossible to separate smurfs on new accounts and new players before a match begins since it is merely a couple button presses to get started.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    They're not going to ban someone for making a new account and playing on it. I'm playing on a free account right now, yet to decide if I'll buy another account and I've reached lvl 15 and I started facing people who were playing in diamond and masters now, my queue time drastically increased as well.
    There would be no other explanation. It’s not like her six stack would report her for toxicity.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    There would be no other explanation. It’s not like her six stack would report her for toxicity.
    personally i'm not sure what to tell you as i have had the same experience as woobels using a new account, except rather than being placed vs players of a similar skill level i was assigned an MMR that was much greater than my skill level

The enemy team would though if she was trash talking them.

Blizzard already said they won't ban smurfs unless they are intentionally rigging MMR by playing with far less skilled players and then abusing that.