I am doing well so far. Need a good cohesive team though. Just played to level 14.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Well, I think part of the problem there is that often the person in question really didn't "take out half the team alone".

I mean, sometimes it happens, yeah. Many times you're getting heals, assists, other people CCing for you, and so on that you might not notice.

I play with this one guy, for instance, that drives me insane on this topic. He plays (almost) exclusively offense heroes, and every game he will swear up and down that he soloed the entire team, that he "pwned those noobs", he'll basically imply that he carried us all, and so on.

He never even notices the rest of us around him, healing/buffing/cc'ing/damaging and so on. One game in particular last night he was just bragging up a storm about how he won all by himself and he got PotG - and right there in the PotG clip there's a Mercy with heal/buff on him, a Lucio (me!) running around him with my heal aura on and knocking a guy back - shit like that.

Or another time on Dorado he was Zarya (yeah, a tank for once) and I was on Pharah. We both went ahead to disrupt them, and turned the corner into five enemies. He pops his ult (doesn't have any charge though, didn't have time for a barrier) grouping them all up, and I pop my ult blowing them all up. Great teamwork right? Nope, he announces in chat, "Well *I* just cleared them all out, so you guys should have an easy time now!"

Of course, when we lose, he rages and says shit like "We're playing against a team that's MY level, so we're losing." and other blame-everyone-else nonsense. ><

/rant off

:|
    No, I mean, by your lonesome. As in your team is still at a chokepoint while you circle around to the enemy's backside and creep a bunch of kills off of them. Which is really what many of the heroes are supposed to do, that is your job. The issue is when Reinhardt or whoever is effectively the "frontline" doesn't take advantage of the situation and push forward. So the pressure from the front doesn't get at all applied and once you die, that's it, enemy gets time to return while a couple just stand there pew-pewing and holding back many for reasons unknown.

That is beyond frustrating. At which point composition doesn't matter, at all, it's down to the players and one of them is falling flat on his face and carrying the team down with him in a sense.

Skill and understanding of basic strategy is incredibly important. They come before composition ultimately. Composition means a lot more when the former two are more closely matched. At which point, it just becomes a crapshoot with people constantly alternating heroes trying to one-up their opponent. So in my opinion, it's better to take a couple of heroes, and master them before you worry too much about how your composition should be as the first will get you much further.
    Last edited by Rudol Von Stroheim; 2016-06-07 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelhiss View Post
    I enjoy the game, even though I'm awful at it. I feel bad for the groups I'm with, as I'm struggling to be able to contribute.
    That's the amazing thing about this game, you don't need to have amazing aim to do well. Rubbish at hitting things? Go tank or support and contribute far more than a lot of the people who go offensive heroes!
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    No, I mean, by your lonesome. As in your team is still at a chokepoint while you circle around to the enemy's backside and creep a bunch of kills off of them. Which is really what many of the heroes are supposed to do, that is your job. The issue is when Reinhardt or whoever is effectively the "frontline" doesn't take advantage of the situation and push forward. So the pressure from the front doesn't get at all applied and once you die, that's it, enemy gets time to return while a couple just stand there pew-pewing and holding back many for reasons unknown.
    I have quite the opposite experience.
    Since playing Reinhardt is kinda fun to me i take him if nobody tanks. So i start pushing forward...to find out im all by myself since everybody is going to wipe out the enemy team (from behind)...yet only dying.
    And you know your DD's are kinda slow thinking when you have to take it on yourself to destroy turrents or disturb widowmakers...as REINHARDT. XD

Of course, when we lose, he rages and says shit like "We're playing against a team that's MY level, so we're losing." and other blame-everyone-else nonsense. ><

/rant off
    Time to vote him off the island IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

<snip>Of course, when we lose, he rages and says shit like "We're playing against a team that's MY level, so we're losing." and other blame-everyone-else nonsense.
    Ah yes, That Guy(tm).
    Takes all credit for a win(Good thing I was here to carry you noobs!), none of the blame for a loss(You all suck). Most likely is a Hanzo/Widowmaker/Torb/Symmetra on attack. Yes I know they can all be viable but this person is not. They win no medals and have no card at the end.

this one dude kept trying to lead with the MOST RIDICULOUS calls ever. Despite another guy already doing so really well with me supporting him.

On Hensha, we push to the first objective. Kill half the enemy team with the others at 40% life. The capture bar is going on and...no one came because the one dude...in the middle of a successful push, said we need to regroup way back behind the gate. So we died and the enemy is half dead or nearly tehre and they still dont push. The enemy team re sets up their defences and positions and its like the start of the match all over again. Urgh.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the only thing that makes me sad sometimes: there's no sense of "progressing" through those defense maps. Either you totally wipe the other team, or you lost. You could run in and win a 1v5 but if that last person is still there, well too bad. Whole thing is gonna reset and everyone will be back.

That's what I like about Payload maps, even if you move just a little bit there's a sense that pushing people off the point or winning fights has an impact on the game. Pure defense maps often just feel like Deathmatch in a way.
    As you're assaulting, the timer on the time held doesn't reset so you can chip away at the timer with multiple assaults before ultimately winning. That is the progression; I know it's not very transparent but if you keep rushing it you can get the win. The problem is when teams try to do the 'perfect' hold, slowly edging forward with Reinhardt then trying to camp it out.

A Winston and/or a D.Va will usually do enough to disrupt and confuse the defending team for the rest of you damage play to have an impact. It's messy, kamikaze shit, but it is the most effective way I've found to get those wins in public groups.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2016-06-07 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    I liked it but the things that started irking me about it and dragging down the experience were really only details you could come to truly appreciate after playing for an excessive amount of time. This is often an issue with multiplayer titles and why it's so hard to judge them upfront and outright. It's why I'm not going to be buying MP-only games anymore, takes too long to determine whether they're something you'll get long-term enjoyment out of or not.
    Strange enough I love The Division.. I guess it comes down to be needing more rpg elements, more building char, gathering stuff, obtaining loot and such... so I play Division a lot, Diablo 3 a lot and waiting for Legion so I can get some WoW-action again for the first time in like a year!

That's the only thing that makes me sad sometimes: there's no sense of "progressing" through those defense maps. Either you totally wipe the other team, or you lost. You could run in and win a 1v5 but if that last person is still there, well too bad. Whole thing is gonna reset and everyone will be back.

That's what I like about Payload maps, even if you move just a little bit there's a sense that pushing people off the point or winning fights has an impact on the game. Pure defense maps often just feel like Deathmatch in a way.
    if my team makes a bad play like what i said. then its deserved and there is already enough progression with the reset delay timer and the 1/3rd progression locks

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally beat my 21 kill streak with a 24 on Illios, just need to beat the 28 I got during beta now ><

Also had a great moment on Hollywood, my friend was playing the Bastion thats why I jumped to his defense, luckily these moments are few and far between
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes, the answer is just to Bastion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a 0.96 K/D on McCree. Apparently I'm bad at hitting E and right-clicking.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

So my win ratio got slightly above 50%... and I correctly predicted the losing streak that came shortly after... As I said in the other thread, a completely random system would be better than whatever junk Blizzard threw in place.

Remember, if you get stomped, don't blame your team, just blame Blizzard's MMR.
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2016-06-09 at 10:24 AM.

Is it me or are there people who just have a habit of looking at the spectacle of ults being used and forget to do things?

Hanzo firing his dragon (allied or enemy) while safe from it, just staring at enemies getting frozen in Mei's Freezing zone, looking at an allied winston whack enemies. Staring as zarya uses her ult.

Dont just stand there, SHOOT!
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2016-06-11 at 09:44 AM.

Still wayyy too many people that don't understand that you can't go in by yourself, I've even seen level 90+ players that still don't get the concept. This is the reason why I lose 75% of my solo queue games (and admittedly the reason why I win 75% of them as well when it's the other way around). But it's really fucking frustrating, especially when I'm playing tank or support, particularly when the paylord is 10 meters from the end and the group just collapses and can't get anything done for 10 mintues because they die one at a time doing nothing but charging enemy ults. I don't care about wining nearly as much as at least trying to win as a team. Also, as Tenjen said above way too many players panic when ults are used instead of shooting that 10hp reaper in the face.

Otherwise, I've got to improve my accuracy. Sometimes I'm spot on, sometimes I may as well be legally blind. Then again consistent aiming has always been a problem for me in my many years of playing shooters. I have noticed I am much more accurate once I get the adrenaline going but it's really frustrating when you struggle to land pretty easy shots. Tried various sensitivity settings and they result is pretty much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    See...I ONLY pug. Sometimes play with one friend, at MOST two and that's not often. I think there is something funky with the MMR matchmaking when a pug ends up against a premade, and I hate that they let that happen because you can tell pretty fast when it's likely to be a premade (chaining like three ults together usually never happens in pugs). Play more than one game against them and there's no swapping of players at all and it's obvious. That being said it happens in maybe like once every 50 games for me. I just really wish it never happened. Great for those of you who have a full premade to play with, but do you LIKE pub stomping? Does it feel like an accomplishment at ALL?

I have a 53% overall win rate after 637 games (340 wins). I don't find that much toxicity TBH. Sometimes there's friendly banter. Any toxicity is rare and solved with a block/report/mute. Usually people don't say much or anything. I get crappy teams and I get good ones. If you just use the percent ult button or group up with me button, or maybe TELL people in chat to go after that sniper or keep someone off you if you're playing support or whatever, people usually try to listen. I actually like that there's team swapping involved between matches because I think it keeps some of the possible toxicity to a minimum. Who wants to trash talk someone on the opposite team and then have them end up on your team?
    It's also great when the guy who smoked you in one match is now on your team. Like yeah, I know you're skilled, I'm glad you're with us now.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    It's also great when the guy who smoked you in one match is now on your team. Like yeah, I know you're skilled, I'm glad you're with us now.
    I love that feeling actually, when you get totally shredded by an amazing Widowmaker and then they're on your team for the next match. FeelsGoodMan.

Also, my sig tells the story of what a W:L ratio looks like if you exclusively solo queue. Still 48%, not bad honestly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalmakk View Post
    I love that feeling actually, when you get totally shredded by an amazing Widowmaker and then they're on your team for the next match. FeelsGoodMan.

Also, my sig tells the story of what a W:L ratio looks like if you exclusively solo queue. Still 48%, not bad honestly.
    I think you can improve it if you play tank or support a lot, my average is 51.7% (51.5% on WM) but my D.Va average is 62.5%, and I've almost exclusively solo queued on her; I feel like in that role I can make a bigger overall difference to the outcome, especially on Volskaya, Hanamura and Temple of Anubis where solo queued groups tend to struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I think you can improve it if you play tank or support a lot, my average is 51.7% (51.5% on WM) but my D.Va average is 62.5%, and I've almost exclusively solo queued on her; I feel like in that role I can make a bigger overall difference to the outcome, especially on Volskaya, Hanamura and Temple of Anubis where solo queued groups tend to struggle.
    That's probably accurate, for the first half of my time playing the game I stuck to heroes like Hanzo and Streetpig, but lately I've been taking heroes who have a much stronger presence in a match like Junkrat (amazing/potentially broken suppression and damage) and Reinhardt. A good Reinhardt can definitely carry a payload map on his shoulders if the rest of the team has the sense to back him up.

Just noticed, you're the same Jessicka who posted a lot in the lock forums right? Swapped one evil character for another I see. :P
    Last edited by Kalmakk; 2016-06-11 at 12:10 PM.