I'm curious to know how much people's Comp ratings have gone up since the earliest seasons at the launch of this game.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    I'm curious to know how much people's Comp ratings have gone up since the earliest seasons at the launch of this game.
    Started low to mid plat, peaked at 3750 masters. I don't play like a streamer though, otherwise I could probably be in GM.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    It's hard to know regarding the first season since it was just out of 100 and there was no tier rankings (iirc, I was "50"), but in the very early seasons I was usually placed in low bronze. I fought my way up to getting low gold placements by season 3 or 4, and that's where I hovered until season 9.

This last season I was back down to being placed in low silver because the season before that I had some pretty bad loss streaks and was too surly about it to fight my way back up. I know I can fight my way back up again, but it's hard to log in and be like "ugh, I need like 400 SR to get back where I think I should be" and then be motivated. I mean, I've done it before but it's a lot of work. It definitely takes way less time to fall than to rise. #badpeopleproblems

I think realistically, I'm probably a high silver/low gold player since that's where I've spent the most time. On that metric, I have had my Comp rating go up from early seasons, but not by a huge amount in terms of SR; about 1k at my peak.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Mine have stayed the same area, not sure if it’s because I’m not improving or because after I climb a bit I notice I’m getting put with 4 healer mains or 5 damage mains and I start seeing the enemy team play like they are in OWL and start steam rolling us.
    So few games do I come up against equally skilled players and more so just a curb stomp on my side or the other.
    Speaking of, I should probably stop for the season, I hit 2518, figured I’d play a few more and next thing I know I’m at 2403. So tired of this matchmaking. Hope things will get better with role queues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Placed equivalent of mid Gold season 1, basically been there since. Dropped to Silver a few times after major loss streaks but never struggled to climb back and afterward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Mine have stayed the same area, not sure if it’s because I’m not improving or because after I climb a bit I notice I’m getting put with 4 healer mains or 5 damage mains and I start seeing the enemy team play like they are in OWL and start steam rolling us.
    Keep in mind that as you're improving, other people are improving too. So you very well might have gotten better / continue to get better... it might just be that you're doing so at the same pace as everyone else, so it feel like you're not getting anywhere but in reality you're keeping pace.

I think you'd have to have a big gain in skill (or been placed incorrectly) to really have a noticeable jump. Eventually, everyone will probably find the "correct" placement for them and then stay there, not necessarily because they aren't improving but just because there's a ceiling on how much better we can get.

That said, I feel your pain about getting placed into matches where everyone wants to play their main and those aren't compatible. (I had a game the other day with three Ana mains. Ana! and everyone fighting over who got to be her. Sheesh.)

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    At first it was fairly strong, and showed signs of improvement (almost hit Diamond in my best season)
    but since then, the game's MM system has fucked me over royally, and consistently made me do WORSE
    since then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally got out of a losing streak. Get a legendary in chest thinking yes today is the day.

Fuck this game.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Saphyron View Post
    Finally got out of a losing streak. Get a legendary in chest thinking yes today is the day.

Fuck this game.
    Wrong section. Yet, congratz on Azmodunk duplicate ! :P
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A-sayo View Post
    Wrong section. Yet, congratz on Azmodunk duplicate ! :P

Ahh sorry. I just saw now.
    Fuck I am sorry and thank you :P
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

This is a bit out of date now but thought I'd still share (again)

So we all know how I despise the placement bull shittery system we have in OW. TLDR version, I sucked in S1 had a knock on effect ever since.

When the new comp mode came out I decided to do my placements for that. I can only gather that no other games or anything influences that score, I got placed into 2500 while my normal placements stayed at 1.9k range (Although I think they might have tweaked it, I climbed fairly quickly back up to 2200)
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

10+ Year Old Account
    MMR's "working as intended" bullshitted me to the 1800s for the 2nd time in my season
    history, and now it refuses to let me get out of it. I'm sure this will do wonders for my
    next placement matches.

*Edit*

Nope, the game decided to fuck me over royally in the worst its ever been. A "fun"
    non-stop losing streak to an all time low of 1737. Won one game later to put this
    season's end at 1766, my lowest season rank by far.

I can't fathom anyone having luck worse than I when it comes to this game. How
    else does one go from near Diamond to near Bronze. This system is well and truly
    fucking broken.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2018-06-26 at 06:34 AM.

I'm pretty sure they buffed Mercy's GA. Very minor buff, but something is different.

Quote Originally Posted by Saphyron View Post

Fuck this game.
    I would love to see how Azmodan would play in Overwatch.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

My comp rating has been downhill for the last 5 or so seasons because i had started only playing the placement games and nothing else. Ive stopped entirely now tho.
    I still don't get if placements actually mean anything tho.

Go 8 wins - 2 losses and lose 300 rating over previous season
    Go 3 wins - 1 draw - 6 losses and gain 300 rating

I've got to say though I had some REALLY good games last night in competitive with group finder. It's pushed me to use voice chat a lot more, and only every be postitive, win or lose.

Although one game i lost i had both Gold dam and Gold Elims as Rein...so i don't think my team was very goodf.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    I would love to see how Azmodan would play in Overwatch.
    I'm sure he would be hell to play against.

Not sure how much it will kill my SR, but think I’m going to sit next season out. Just seeing some of the stuff today had me like “yeah....no, not dealing with this.”

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    So basically I decided to play a few quick plays today and I got some very amusing moments.

Here is a sample of the chat I saw before match starts:

Player 1: Hey there widow I understand that you would like to play widow. But considering the current composition and map choice, it seems like a poor choice. I suggest you repick to soldier or hanzo for burst damage.

Player 2: Ok, thanks for letting me know. I will go soldier.

Everyone seems so nice all of a sudden. A player that I played with yesterday literally called me the N word. When I happened to match up with him he was all unicorn with cheesy lines like 'I hope I met the team expectations as I tried my best to keep everyone fully healed'.

This blew my mind on so many levels.

I hope they also add a thumbs down vote button.
    I hope they add a way to allow players to continue giving endorsements without being able to get endorsements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know if making a group via the group finder treats you the same as a true premade or does it have anything on the backend to try to match you against other groups from the tool?

I think the tool is a good step in the right direction for making sure you don't end up in games with six DPS mains, but at the same time one of the reasons I have historically avoided staying grouped with good prior teammates is that the game just sees a group as a group as a group and you often end up with what is essentially a random pug of six players against teams of six friends with superior communication, teamwork, etc. It also impacts queue times so you basically get a long wait, just to get stomped.

I like the idea of the group tool, but I'm apprehensive that it's just going to be the same. It would be nice if it prioritised grouping group finder people against other group finder people, but I am going to guess it's probably not that smart.

| twitch | bsky
    |