Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Ah the usual dismissiveness. 10%, or more, health is always decent amount and for getting sniped, that is important, because that happens often when leaving cover, meaning you can very easily get back in to cover and find a health box.
    I'm dismissing it because it's very rarely makes the difference. This isn't a 1v1 game, and it's a safe bet that you are likely to be shot at by 2 different heroes, more if you're a HPT like a healer, or someone using their Q. Great, you survived the critical shot by less than 25~ health. Now you just need to hope that there's no one else nearby, you can get healed/find a health pack, or the sniper cares about dealing another headshot when they can just body shot you since you're on death's door.

The fact that the rest of the team has shields is moot too, because that's basing on the assumption that they are in a position where those shields are going to be an asset ... hell I'd probably be worried if 4-5 people were all gathered in the same area.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I just had a hilarious battle with a Tracer on the opposing team while on Junkrat. Everytime she killed me, she died to the grenades I left behind when I died. I just started laughing the third time it happened.
    Putin khuliyo

I hate the new 'Play of the Match' phrase. 'Play of the Game' was so much better.

;_:

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I hate the new 'Play of the Match' phrase. 'Play of the Game' was so much better.

;_:
    I thought it's only play of the match if it's competitive mode, otherwise it's still play of the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I thought it's only play of the match if it's competitive mode, otherwise it's still play of the game?
    Oh, that's more bearable then.

...I just don't want the 'Play of the Game' memes to die out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it just me or is Volskaya with more than one Toblerone impossible? Fucking Swedish pieces of shit put their turrets on those rotating platforms making it even difficult for our Winston to get at them.

This game would have been 100% improved if Toblerone wasn't a part of it.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you ever want a Winston to kill Torbjorns turrets? No, it's not impossible, it's quite easy actually for D.Va and Mercy to flank them and take them out one by one completely ignoring their damage because it's pisspoor
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstercloud View Post
    Snip
    You don't get it do you.
    You think because I won't argue about how strong she is proves your point? You're agreeing with me her abilities are support, but because they're not strong enough in your opinion she isn't support anymore.... Do you realise how stupid that sounds.

A support class supports. To what capacity is 100%, completely, totally irrelevant. Argue all day until you're blue in the face about how weak she is as a support for all I care, but that still doesn't change the fact she is one, and all her abilities are based as one.
    How strong she is AS one, and whether she IS one is two completely different subjects.
    Last edited by Zelendria; 2016-06-29 at 10:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monstercloud View Post
    I'm dismissing it because it's very rarely makes the difference. This isn't a 1v1 game, and it's a safe bet that you are likely to be shot at by 2 different heroes, more if you're a HPT like a healer, or someone using their Q. Great, you survived the critical shot by less than 25~ health. Now you just need to hope that there's no one else nearby, you can get healed/find a health pack, or the sniper cares about dealing another headshot when they can just body shot you since you're on death's door.

The fact that the rest of the team has shields is moot too, because that's basing on the assumption that they are in a position where those shields are going to be an asset ... hell I'd probably be worried if 4-5 people were all gathered in the same area.
    While I've been mostly tanking of late, I've played a fair bit as WM, and since the nerf, those shields make a massive difference to a) me when I'm counter-sniping because it turns a body shot into a 'meh, let's go again' instead of a serious 'Oh shit'; and b) I'm pretty sure it's working the other way to people I don't manage to headshot. When you're counter-sniping, you are 1v1. When you're roaming, you very frequently end up 1v1 against another roamer. Further, the shields regenerate, meaning that unlike Torbjorn's armour, you don't need to go back to the group and hope he's going to throw some out for you.

They're not completely outstanding, and yes, they are pretty much worthless to a tank. But they are useful, and they are support utility. That they're niches don't suddenly turn her into a Defence hero.

And 4 people being on the objective, doesn't necessarily mean they all need to be on top of each other; there's plenty of room to spread out. Are you one of these who sits 20 yards off the objective 'because partial cover' and lets the whole enemy team walk onto it and stand there uncontested?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    The issue with Symmetra is that some people will assume the support role is filled because you picked her.

Having a healer is 100% mandatory in this game so she's incredibly risky to pick.
    What's mandatory is not "a" healer, but THE healer, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by earthwarden View Post
    What's mandatory is not "a" healer, but THE healer, sadly.
    Do you think that has anything to do with Lucio being easier to play?
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Do you think that has anything to do with Lucio being easier to play?
    There are an awful lot of Mercys who queue with a friend and just stick to them as a pocket healer/DPS buff without bothering to look after the rest of the team.

I hit level 72 yesterday and I must admit, so far Overwatch has been a very positive experience. A lot of people here talk about toxicity, but I've had more positive experiences than negative ones. In fact, in quite a few games there was friendly chat between the two teams where people showed good sportsmanship, complimented each other on solid plays and just seemed to have a great time. I've also added a few people to my friend's list who I just thought were nice guys. Of course there have also been a few bad seeds here and there, but nothing that comes close to the amount I've seen in other games.

In my opinion, people who think that competitive mode will "save them from the baddies" and "get rid of the toxicity" are in for an unpleasant surprise. A more competition-oriented setting only promotes bad behavior as more frustration leads to negativity. Same goes for the people whose stance today is "I've paid for the game and I can play whatever class I want, regardless if it screws over our team composition" - I don't see why that stance would change just because the game mode changes. So all in all, I expect the environment in competitive mode to be worse (sadly).

Deleted
    Easier to play, mobile without the need for a teammate nearby, heals from 30 meter range, no need to pay attention while healing, has two ways of disengaging from an enemy, huge kill potential on KotH maps, no need to switch weapons, small, hunched, wonky animations with hitboxes all over the place, the only healer with an actual emergency non-ultimate self-heal (Zen has to ult, and Mercy can do nothing but wait if damaged), can negate ultimates even when caught in them himself (a Mercy won't survive to rez if she's caught in a Graviton Surge, Death Blossom, Deadeye, Pulse Bomb, the list goes on and on and on, and since she has to be close to heal...), needs to be countered like a flanker character...

Lucio basically plays himself, yes. Meanwhile Mercy is a pretty fancy and neat hero when she's alive... but then everybody just beelines for the shiny wing-lady and twists her head off, then proceeds to stomp the team, and you only have two ways out: glide to someone that may help you (but usually won't be able to save you from dying anyway, if the Genji or Tracer or Pharah on your tail are determined enough - they might die, but will probably take you with them, which is a net win for their team), or switch weapons and land those five headshots back-to-back, good luck. It's actually shocking how low her global winrate is, considering she's a healer in a team-based multiplayer game.

Basically, Mercy is the hero you play if you want to challenge yourself, or when you already have a Lucio. Lucio is the hero you pick when you want to win a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    There are an awful lot of Mercys who queue with a friend and just stick to them as a pocket healer/DPS buff without bothering to look after the rest of the team.
    It's global data across all plaftorms, literally millions of players, so all those "awful Mercys with no awareness" outliers would be countered by "amazing Mercys with eyes around their heads" outliers. It's still a net loss any way you slice it.
    Last edited by mmocd2effbd770; 2016-06-29 at 01:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by earthwarden View Post
    It's global data across all plaftorms, literally millions of players, so all those "awful Mercys with no awareness" outliers would be countered by "amazing Mercys with eyes around their heads" outliers. It's still a net loss any way you slice it.
    It's not just awful Mercys with no awareness, or Mercys intentionally being unaware; there's millions of other players actively running away from Mercy that she can't help. I've never played Lucio, so it's hard for me to compare, but purely anecdotally a tight group with a good Mercy feels better to be a part of than an 'average' group with Lucio, although an average group with Lucio is infinitely more desirable than a barely present Mercy - which is much more noticeably worse.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2016-06-29 at 01:03 PM.

Just played a competitive Volskaya and we tied and went to sudden death. We only had 2 minutes so I go D'va for the attack and quickly fly round the side onto an empty point with all the enemies fighting by the gate. Game just kicks me as soon as i land on the point (Teamspeak etc were all fine) and when i log back on i can't rejoin the game? Wtf...
    Last edited by Fenzha; 2016-06-29 at 01:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really good few games tonight, mostly wins but much closer either way. Not sure if they messed with the MMR again or if people who were just bored and fucking around have moved on to competitive. Hoping it stays this way. Might give competitive a go at weekend when I've not been at work all day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just hit 20. Been focusing primarily on supports this week. Lucio is Lucio. Strong and bit a boring after a game or two. Mercy is fun on paper and with a solid team. Frustrating as hell to play with on a scatterbrained team. Symmetra is different. I want to love her but I don't so far. Only played her on defense...she's fine. Need more games in.

ZENY! A strong breeze will kill him, and I'm pretty sure my 90 yr old great grandma is more nimble than him, but he's actually quite fun. His kit looks simple but having brittle bone disease forces you to be more mindful of positioning while also keeping an eye on teammate health and murdering folks with those meditation balls.

Zeny

Deleted
    How the fuck do you win against six Torbjörns on defense in Hanamura? Six turrets, six Molten Cores, six characters with one of the best handguns in the game, six characters giving armor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    How the fuck do you win against six Torbjörns on defense in Hanamura? Six turrets, six Molten Cores, six characters with one of the best handguns in the game, six characters giving armor.
    Six junkrats?

I dunno, pugs don't coordinate so I just bail the moment I see that.
    Putin khuliyo