I notice I been dodging more games before they start, I wonder how long it will be before Blizzard decides to not let you see their levels when you tab.

I understand levels =/= skill, but when you run into 4x200+ and you are the highest on your team with 46, with everyone level 18 or whatever, something is freakin wrong with matchmaking. There is no way those really low levels have played enough to be beyond beginner.

Not doing so well anymore, I got to 64 in competetive and now I stop playing, none of my friends play anymore so have to play solo and it is not fun at all, people just suck

Queue time for my first game this morning was 3 minutes 14 seconds.

wtf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I've been avoiding Zarya but after watching some vids I have been using her, and the first time you eat a tire with your shield and then in flies D.va to ult and you use your ult to suck her back into her own explosion while you duck behind a wall.... Sold!

I'm 41 only now, only playing with Mates for Xp and higher chances to win

10+ Year Old Account
    XP gains in Quick Play don't seem more than against bots. I'd rather play against bots and suffer much less blood pressure rising. That said, XP also seems to be going really slow. It's crazy to think that when competitive started, there were already people at level 25 ready to go.

Also had one game where Bastion had his ult in less than ten seconds, no exaggeration. Then while playing as D.va, died in half a second to..fuck, I don't even know. Back to bots.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2016-07-11 at 06:10 AM.

This is probably the most frustrating game I have ever played and I'm almost wanting to uninstall it. Premades, and I'm not even including the myriad bullshit issues, make solo queue a miserable experience much of the time. Can't do anything against teams coordinating their efforts on mic.

But anyway, been trying Tracer lately. I can't replicate the playstyle of others where they can get in your face, take almost no damage, and build up their ult once a minute. Most of the time getting close just means someone can aim 30 degrees off center and still get me instagibbed. Because of this, I have to peck at them from medium range. It's been a moderately successful tactic, getting two or three enemies off the objective to chase me down is worth the effort most of the time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, soloQ is shit. The only time I managed to make myself hover between 58-60 was when I had 60% winrate. Then I got a losing streak bringing me down to 55, and from there on I've had nothing but bad teams with people flaming eachother. Oh well, can't really do anything but throw myself at the wall and hope for the best.

Anyone else had a horrible time playing soloQ competitive?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    XP gains in Quick Play don't seem more than against bots. I'd rather play against bots and suffer much less blood pressure rising. That said, XP also seems to be going really slow. It's crazy to think that when competitive started, there were already people at level 25 ready to go.

Also had one game where Bastion had his ult in less than ten seconds, no exaggeration. Then while playing as D.va, died in half a second to..fuck, I don't even know. Back to bots.
    Before competitive even started I saw lots of people who had prestiged TWICE. Yes, TWICE!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryCoco View Post
    Yeah, soloQ is shit. The only time I managed to make myself hover between 58-60 was when I had 60% winrate. Then I got a losing streak bringing me down to 55, and from there on I've had nothing but bad teams with people flaming eachother. Oh well, can't really do anything but throw myself at the wall and hope for the best.

Anyone else had a horrible time playing soloQ competitive?

- - - Updated - - -

Before competitive even started I saw lots of people who had prestiged TWICE. Yes, TWICE!
    Last week I lost something like 14 out of 15 games, solo Q. And that win involved leavers on the other team so I gained fuck all from it. I dropped 8-9 ranks. Started to doubt not just my skill (and I didn't rate myself that highly to begin with), but my sanity too. Played this weekend though, and had a bit of a winning streak - got 5 ranks back.

I'm wondering if the matchmaking just takes a few days to kick in rather than adjusting per game, like I'd previously assumed. I really did feel persistently outclassed last week, whereas this weekend I felt like I was carrying the whole time.

I'm still waiting to level up to hit competitive play at 25 so at the moment playing a mix of quick play and vs. AI in order to get the XP. I've heard mixed things about competitive play but like a lot of other games it will definitely be a mixed bag if you soloQ and your rank will likely fluctuate. Guess it then comes down to what you are looking for - if aiming to go Pro then you need to find a good list of friends to consistently play with so it has less chance to negatively impact your rank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting sick of healers switching to DPS.

Just went against six Torbs. We could have won, three soldiers, a roadhog and two lucios.

Lucios could have kept the 76s up while we took out turrets but noooooo they had to switch shortly after the gates open to DPS.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Just like in Diablo 3, when there's a new patch on the PTR, I can't help but just want to play the new content on live. Impatiently waiting for the patch to drop so I can get my D.va on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Meh, I'm oddly burnt out for some reason, just can't put my finger on it.

I haven't even played that much, don't even have one prestige star yet! Not even close to one, in fact. (Level 74, I think) So it's not over-playing or anything. I just feel...weary(?)...whenever I log in and try to play.

But yeah, not sure why yet.
    I feel similar about level 85 and playing maybe 30mins-1hr a day which is great for me since I get some satisfaction after that dip in and out.

On the other end of the curve I have a friend who is level 330 ! They stream it everyday though so it helps them stay focused to play while I get bored after playing 1hr non stop.

I think for many people the game is best played in short bursts. If I'm playing with friends or encounter a competent group through the random group system then I'm much more inclined to play for as long as it takes to not encounter a string of disheartening losses. Some days I'll play a few matches, lose terribly and then take a break from the game for a few days before returning.

I never leave during a match though even if I'm losing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I slowed down playing a lot since competitive released. I played a ton at first up until level 60 something. I refuse to solo queue comp, so I only play it when I have enough friends on wanting to play, which isn't often. I did get ranked though, 55. I do really enjoy the game, I just wish my friends did as well. This is the first trinity system game where I prefer to play healer/support over DPS and tank. Mercy and Symmetra are by far my two favorite heroes.

Hanamura/Anubis/Volskaya are still the worst maps in the game by far.

Just putting that out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post

They are only bad maps when you are the attacker.

I love those maps... as a defender...

My usual tactic to break those choke points as attackers is "Everyone go Winston" - that at least usually gets us the first point without issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post

I've grown to love attacking Anubis, and Hanamura isn't so bad. Still no fan of Volskaya though. It's the KotH maps I actually like least. Illios ruins and Nepal outdoor temple in the middle ones mostly; Lijiang Night Market can be annoying too.

Given up with Competitive, winning gets me 30% of a level, losing drops me 40%. That's pretty consistent, and since I'm being matched now with people who don't care about winning, never mind the actual group composition, it's just a pointless backslide. It's called competitive, you'd think the clue was in the name, but I guess people are just interested in 'mah gold bow'.

Not even sure it's worth playing with friends they're 50-55ish, but a win with them gains me even less, presumably because of some 'carry' penalty.

Lastly throw in that it's go tank or go home and it's not like I'm even getting to play the Heroes I want in there, ever.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2016-07-17 at 09:00 AM.

Illios all 3 of them are the worst maps.

Amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    They are only bad maps when you are the attacker.

I love those maps... as a defender...

My usual tactic to break those choke points as attackers is "Everyone go Winston" - that at least usually gets us the first point without issue.
    And thats why they limited compettive for 1 hero type per team.