Quote Originally Posted by Zelendria View Post
    I read all that, and the bit stuck in my mind is 'getting rid of it'.... Dicks out for Harambe gone a bit OTT right? :P
    Oh geez. The meme that keeps on giving.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welp, 3-6-1 in placement matches. 2022, whatever that means, fuck if I know. Doesn't matter either, that's the last goddamn time I play competitive. I play games to have fun, and ignore humanity, because FUCK HUMANITY. I don't put up with stupid kids bitching and moaning at nothing, leavers and afk'ers killing matches. At least in Quick Play it's less serious. Unless there's a way to just completely remove chat from the game. But then, that makes ME the "bad player" because I'm not communicating. No, it's just that people, as a whole, are assholes, and no amount of reporting changes that.

Speaking of competitive...the next hero has already been unveiled as largely being exclusive to competitive mode.

It's D.va's long lost cousin, L.va.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got the double cap achievement on Mercy and just started off my weekend comp grind with a win. Good vibes.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Speaking of competitive...the next hero has already been unveiled as largely being exclusive to competitive mode.

Ha! Also,

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post

Real talk; what is up with leavers this season? I've had days when I'll try and get a competitive match, and I'll have three people leave and shut down the match in the first 30 seconds. I've had way more people bail halfway through a competitive match than I had in Season 1.

They need to bump up the penalties for leaving competitive matches, IMO. At least develop a "leaver's queue", for those who've left a competitive match more than a couple times, and queue them all against each other. Sure, their queue times will suck, but that'll encourage them to not DO that any more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, after constantly losing and my imputs NOT FUCKING WORKING, I think I'm done for awhile.

7+ Year Old Account
    gonna take a break of competitive....
    this is the longest loosing streak i have ever been in...

went from 2630 to 2284
    im really done for some time.

it feels like every time i loose, i get queued up with an even worse team while my enemies get better each time.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2016-09-18 at 12:41 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    gonna take a break of competitive....
    this is the longest loosing streak i have ever been in...

went from 2630 to 2284
    im really done for some time.

it feels like every time i loose, i get queued up with an even worse team while my enemies get better each time.
    I think there should be a limit to how far your SR falls. Maybe limit it to your tier's minimum rating. Having a bad losing streak, mine was last week, can be really deflating. Especially when you don't seem to gain SR back at the same rate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daws001 View Post
    I think there should be a limit to how far your SR falls. Maybe limit it to your tier's minimum rating. Having a bad losing streak, mine was last week, can be really deflating. Especially when you don't seem to gain SR back at the same rate.
    If you're not gaining it back at the same rate, it's because you were ranked too highly to begin with. I've generally been earning as much/more for wins as for losses, and I'm more than 100 points over where I started the season, and that's after falling 250 points pretty quickly.

Yes, a bad losing streak can hurt you in the short term, but in the long term, you should settle around a certain rank.

did they switch something from the quick play leaver penalty? left a match in the normal countdown timer (the 30 sec one before the setup) and the main screen then said i had a 75% penatly for 7 matches (didnt display anything before)
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Deleted
    Leavers, leavers everywhere. out of the last 15 games there's been leavers in 9 of them. It's just a shit show and blizzard really need to stomp down on it.
    Having to play in a full stack just for comp is kinda draining as sometimes you just want to relax and play a different role.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am sad

I play as Lucio, thus I AOE heal... I AM ON SO MANY TEAMS THAT HAVE PEOPLE THAT JUST RUN OFF AND DIE AND I CANT HEAL THEM AND THEN THERE ISNT ENOUGH OF US TO PROTECT THE OBJECTIVE AND WE LOSE!

My best games are when we group up and dominate.

Deleted
    Community starts to get really salty, just had a game in which one dude kept on bullshitting about how we threw a game just because we didn't manage to defend. In the end, we won the match but it's annoying as fuck when he went all blame-everyone-and-cry-alot-mode. Bad vibes, guy deserves a fist in his face, just for being the way he is.

They managed to get on point because they played that part better. That's just how it is as a defender. You are either 100% superior, or you lose a point. 1 lost teamfight = 1 spot/checkpoint lost.

On another note, it seems like Overtime does not get added to your playtime. I thought they wanted to add that.
    I'm doing good so far, got 2930 after placement, after ~10 games, I'm at 3111. I gained points even @ 50% winrate.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-09-18 at 09:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, for all those saying the ranking system is borked and makes you lose and all that, here's my performance. I started out placing at somewhere around 2360. I quickly lost a whole bunch, and dropped down to about 2125 or so. I've since climbed back up, and just today broke into Platinum (2500+). I'm not bragging; that 2500 mark is pretty average. I'm happy, because it means I'll get Platinum rewards, and I'm unlikely to make a push for Diamond (unless I get REAL lucky and get close). But if you're steadily dropping rank, the issue is not the system, and you need to stop blaming the system, and start taking responsibility. I've won matches after someone on my team left. I've lost matches when someone on the other team left. Never give up, don't keep making the same mistakes, see what the enemy players are doing and counter it. Don't blame other teammates for not playing a second healer, stop playing Hanzo and play the second healer. And so forth.

Played a bunch of competitive today with a few friends, mostly as Mercy and Reinhardt... went from 2489 to 2331 rating.

I'm not sure if playing in the weekend is a bad idea, but playing Mercy and trying to keep everyone alive while 2-3 people ride your butt is really, really painful. It makes me start to feel dead inside, which is what a lot of players seem to be. That or robots.

10+ Year Old Account
    im at 2750 I was at 2800 a few days ago but I keep hovering back and forth and its annoying... I lose games where my team just goes off to do what ever.

- - - Updated - - -

looks like DDOS is happening again

http://img04.deviantart.net/3234/i/2...28-da1zegv.png describes my feels right now.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So yeah, the whole clearly your rank is what you deserve and if you can't carry an entire team that just means you suck conversation that people like to regurgitate here...

I did carry a whole team, then we lost, then I got called a scumbag for voting for myself. Welp. I guess next time I'll try for 100 kills and all the gold medals, even healing. I don't even understand this season. None of the changes affected the way I play nor the strategies any teams I'm on use. That means that objectively, based on numbers, the matchmaking got worse. The goal should be to get you to 50/50, not constantly make sure you lose more each session so that even obtaining a 50% balance is impossible.

I'm sure the same folk will rebuke this, insult me, but whatever. Don't care. Feels bad man.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    So yeah, the whole clearly your rank is what you deserve and if you can't carry an entire team that just means you suck conversation that people like to regurgitate here...

I did carry a whole team, then we lost, then I got called a scumbag for voting for myself. Welp. I guess next time I'll try for 100 kills and all the gold medals, even healing. I don't even understand this season. None of the changes affected the way I play nor the strategies any teams I'm on use. That means that objectively, based on numbers, the matchmaking got worse. The goal should be to get you to 50/50, not constantly make sure you lose more each session so that even obtaining a 50% balance is impossible.

I'm sure the same folk will rebuke this, insult me, but whatever. Don't care. Feels bad man.
    I've just started playing Paladins to be honest. At least my shots feel like they land appropriately. -_-;

I managed to get to ALMOST 2500 again after diving to 2250-2300 from 2672 or some shit over the course of the last couple of nights but I really don't find competitive terribly fun nor Overwatch as a whole.

Like there is definitely things I LIKE but I could easily also write a novel about what I don't like that would dwarf said likes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post

<snip>

1> We can't see how much rank you lost in that screen.
    2> Or what rank you're currently at.
    3> Or how long the match went (longer matches, obviously, make it easier to stack those numbers higher).

I'm currently sitting at a 49% win ratio this season. Given a normal distribution, there WILL be outliers on that, but the presence of those does not mean the system is "broken". It isn't intended to queue you against a weak team because you've had a bunch of losses; it's meant to queue you against other players of your rank. That will, given the odds, tend to result in a 50/50 win ratio (excluding draws).

If you played really well, got those scores, and still lost, then you might have lost, say, 8 rank points. And your teammate who was useless, in the same match, might have lost 40. That's how the system works.

I've got no reason to lie. Here's my masteroverwatch.com rank trend;

It only updates when you log in, and it's been nowhere like that smooth in practice, but masteroverwatch.com goes back to my low point, where overbuff.com only shows the last 5 days. No, the ranking system isn't cursed to make you lose rank over time.

And again; not bragging. I'm barely Platinum, which is pretty average at best, and I may well be ranked too high; I've had a pretty good run recently. This isn't me saying "look at me I'm awesome", it's me pointing out that plenty of us ARE going up in rank, which demonstrates that the system is not set up to make you lose rank over time.

Deleted
    How does the rating system work? I played with a friend of mine and we ended up almost 300 rating apart despite playing the calibration games together.