I am going to guess we are not going to get those skins from the doomfist comic until Halloween.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I am going to guess we are not going to get those skins from the doomfist comic until Halloween.
    Yeah, doing a Masquerade-themed Halloween would let them do something "new" rather than just repeating last year's holiday. Include the Junkenstein stuff as well (it's already there), but do a new holiday event.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    New hero. Usually means pretty strong
    All the new heroes so far have launched weak. Sombra's only just getting up to speed, and Orisa is still behind the curve - even Ana was terrible in her launch state with low clip size and low rate of fire. I don't even feel like DF is particularly strong, I just find him intensely annoying to play against in terms of being disruptive and figuring him out from there. He's all over the place, and his instagib means you have very little opportunity to actually do something about him before he's done something game changing.

Deleted
    Seriously wish they would have locked Doomfist out of competitive at least until the next season. Played on King's row, managed to take the third point with 3 minutes and 40 seconds remaining, pretty good, especially considering on our defence we left them with less than a minute. All in all we had 4 minutes and 20 seconds and them one minute.

However for some reason one person on the team decided to switch from Sombra to Doomfist with the reasoning of "no one is using my health packs anyway", leaving me as a solo support on our second attempt at defending the first point, with a tracer constantly on my tail. Both our Winston and Zarya tried to help me but in the end they couldn't stop the Tracer. In the midst of me dying our Doomfist was of course spamming "heal me, heal me you fucking shit!" on voice, lame shit like that. Sigh... It all fell apart from there, they managed to push all the way to the second point on overtime, and we burnt 3 out of our 4 minutes on our second attack with me as solo healer not really getting anywhere, finally someone picks a Zenyatta and we manage to take the first point.

With about 40 seconds left, first thing that happens when we start pushing onto the street is our Doomfist dying to their Hanzo, a couple of staggered deaths after that and we lost.

A whole game where we had a huge advantage and could easily have won was thrown away by the Doomfist who refused to play something he was competent enough to at least carry his weight on. And this in grandmaster, at 4100+, because "people didn't use his health packs". Hope he thought the loss worth it...
    Last edited by mmocf8e5b938a8; 2017-08-07 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    Seriously wish they would have locked Doomfist out of competitive at least until the next season. Played on King's row, managed to take the third point with 3 minutes and 40 seconds remaining, pretty good, especially considering on our defence we left them with less than a minute. All in all we had 4 minutes and 20 seconds and them one minute.

However for some reason one person on the team decided to switch from Sombra to Doomfist with the reasoning of "no one is using my health packs anyway", leaving me as a solo support on our second attempt at defending the first point, with a tracer constantly on my tail. Both our Winston and Zarya tried to help me but in the end they couldn't stop the Tracer. In the midst of me dying our Doomfist was of course spamming "heal me, heal me you fucking shit!" on voice, lame shit like that. Sigh... It all fell apart from there, they managed to push all the way to the second point on overtime, and we burnt 3 out of our 4 minutes on our second attack with me as solo healer not really getting anywhere, finally someone picks a Zenyatta and we manage to take the first point.

With about 40 seconds left, first thing that happens when we start pushing onto the street is our Doomfist dying to their Hanzo, a couple of staggered deaths after that and we lost.

A whole game where we had a huge advantage and could easily have won was thrown away by the Doomfist who refused to play something he was competent enough to at least carry his weight on. And this in grandmaster, at 4100+, because "people didn't use his health packs". Hope he thought the loss worth it...
    He probably did think it was worth it. And yeah, you guys not using his healthpacks impacts his ability to get ult which impacts his ability to set up team wide disruption. Large healthpacks specifically give a massive boost to ult as the more health they replenish the more ult they get. Now I am not saying being toxic is good but obviously if no one is hitting healthpacks then she isn;t serving as a backup healer and maybe they felt they were not making an impact on the enemy team as sombra because of lack of ult.

They decided to see if Doomfist could make the difference and it didn't work out.

Sometimes it is good to see things from other peoples point of view especially when they are not being outwardly toxic.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-08-08 at 12:16 AM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

He probably did think it was worth it. And yeah, you guys not using his healthpacks impacts his ability to get ult which impacts his ability to set up team wide disruption.
    Deadmanwalking, the pug defender we didnt deserve but got anyway

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Deadmanwalking, the pug defender we didnt deserve but got anyway
    If you have something worthwhile to discuss then have at it, your response is just trolling.

If I am playing a character that no one is taking advantage of then I will switch to a toon I feel would work better and if I end up getting countered on that character I at least tried to pick something that might work better. If I am playing a Winston and everyone wants to sit back and poke the choke instead of trying to take the point I will switch to another tank who can help them like Rheinhardt or Orisa. Yeah a Sombra could shut me down but at least I am trying something else that could work better than a toon no one is taking advantage of.

Or did you guys just want to bitch and whine about other people costing you the game when it is more than likely that you were just as much the cause of your own losses and you just are incapable of self introspection.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-08-08 at 01:32 AM.

If you have something worthwhile to discuss then have at it, your response is just trolling.
    I'm having fun with the game and the community as a whole is better than other competitive games (but its also still relatively new, CS, Dota all had their glory days too) but to suggest people don't encounter troublesome types in online gaming wouldnt be very accurate and seems like people just look to these forums to just vent frustration after a "Special encounter" and other than that maybe get the odd shout of a rating climb

I'm still undefeated. Never lost a single game!

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    I'm still undefeated. Never lost a single game!
    Versus AI doesn't count !
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know you get paired with bottom of the barrel players when
    while playing as Zenyatta, you have gold DAMAGE AND HEALING.

Truly, I am a cursed man. To get paired with players like these.

I really have no idea why they even let doomfist into comp this season... Too much damage, too much mobility. He's like genji on steroids.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, so just had 2 people in the same game who decides to just run around the map shooting into the ground. Blizzard really needs to remove these players from comp and give people back the points they lose when they get teamed with shitheads like this.

Deleted
    He probably did think it was worth it. And yeah, you guys not using his healthpacks impacts his ability to get ult which impacts his ability to set up team wide disruption. Large healthpacks specifically give a massive boost to ult as the more health they replenish the more ult they get. Now I am not saying being toxic is good but obviously if no one is hitting healthpacks then she isn;t serving as a backup healer and maybe they felt they were not making an impact on the enemy team as sombra because of lack of ult.

They decided to see if Doomfist could make the difference and it didn't work out.

Sometimes it is good to see things from other peoples point of view especially when they are not being outwardly toxic.
    We clearly didn't even need his health packs as we were winning almost every single team fight, we got two team kills between the first and second point without losing anyone. If he doesn't feel that he's bringing enough to the team to be useful on that hero, fine switch, but don't switch to something you can't play, and especially do not turn toxic. He should have realized that Doomfist didn't work out since he didn't even get any kills, but stuck to it on both of the second attempts of attack and defence.

He was being outwardly toxic, the moment he picked Doomfist he started complaining and cursing vocally, even other people on the team pointed out that we were losing because of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Or did you guys just want to bitch and whine about other people costing you the game when it is more than likely that you were just as much the cause of your own losses and you just are incapable of self introspection.
    I am very capable of self introspection, I examine and re-examine my own actions all the time, often a bit too aware of them. This was however one of those cases where 5 people were doing their outmost to work together and win a game, and where one person just said fuck it and stopped trying and started cursing and cussing.

Tell me, if you're the only healer on the team and they have a grandmaster Tracer and Winston focusing you, what exactly do you switch to to handle that? The answer is nothing, there is no healer who can handle being focused like that, which is why you normally bring two, and the moment we had a second healer the game immediately went better, but by that point it was too late.
    Last edited by mmocf8e5b938a8; 2017-08-08 at 05:42 AM.

I'm going to stick to genji and mute chat. win or lose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    You know you get paired with bottom of the barrel players when
    while playing as Zenyatta, you have gold DAMAGE AND HEALING.

Truly, I am a cursed man. To get paired with players like these.
    That's my baseline for "are our DPS doing their goddamned jobs". If I, as a Zen main, have Gold or Silver damage, they need to start pulling their weight.

Gold healing is actually pretty achievable as Zenyatta without the other healer fucking up, but it requires really solid Transcendence use. Give me a match against a predictable Zarya with a team that stacks up, and I can often outheal the other healer. If you're just healing with orbs, though, yeah. That's an issue.

To counteract some of the bad stories, though, I've had one of my better seasons thus far. I climbed about 500 points after placements, and the last 60 matches or so I've been in the same 150-point range. Keep getting within one win of setting a new career high, which is frustrating, but maybe I'll get lucky before the end of the season.

I've been tracking my ranking changes on every match this season, and as near as I can tell, the game defaults to around a 25-point win/loss for a balanced match. If you won more/lost less, you were performing above your rank, if you won less/lost more, you were underperforming. My data actually tends to suggest that middle is more like 23 or 24 points, for both wins and losses, but I don't have enough matches to be comfortable being that accurate (all my wins/losses are between 20-27 points, over my last 30 matches or so).

In my early matches, though, I was gaining 40-50 rank per match, and only losing 15-20 per loss. As my rank increased, those have evened out to the current fairly equal values.

So what I'm getting at is that the system basically works. You just need enough games to offset bad luck streaks, and the capacity to recognize that not everyone is going to get a balanced season. But the more matches you play, the more your games will tend to lean towards that average over time. Yes, leavers and throwers suck, but remember that if you aren't leaving/throwing, then in any given match, your team has a 5/6 change of having one, and the enemy team has a 6/6 chance. So even that, with enough matches, should tend to end up in your favor. It's more of an issue because nobody likes those matches, on either side, not because it makes anyone "lose too much".
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-08-08 at 08:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm seeing much the same thing with SR. Early season I climbed pretty comfortably from 1850 placement to 2460, gaining about 30-35SR, losing barely 20 at worst. I had a couple of catastrophic loss streaks though, that took me right back to 1900s after which my SR gains and losses have been fairly consistent 20-25 up or down - that's been effected heavily by the quality of the game; as a tank if you have a shit team for example with one healer who gets focused down constantly, it really limits what you can do to mitigate the loss. In between that though I've had some weird moments; at the end of one loss streak I gained 50SR from a win taking me from 1950 to 2000, and a couple of other 'game after a horrendous match' I made other substantial gains, so I think there might be a hidden 'compensation' system in place - either that or it recalibrates periodically and just chucks a bunch of SR at you.

So what I'm getting at is that the system basically works. You just need enough games to offset bad luck streaks, and the capacity to recognize that not everyone is going to get a balanced season. But the more matches you play, the more your games will tend to lean towards that average over time. Yes, leavers and throwers suck, but remember that if you aren't leaving/throwing, then in any given match, your team has a 5/6 change of having one, and the enemy team has a 6/6 chance. So even that, with enough matches, should tend to end up in your favor. It's more of an issue because nobody likes those matches, on either side, not because it makes anyone "lose too much".
    I'm gonna have to contest this with a few factors that really do effect your team more:
    1, if you play 'off-meta' at all, you're the team more likely to have someone throw over it.
    2, the other team has a greater chance of having the smurf, unless you're the smurf.

One of those you can control, by not playing off-meta of course; but the other cancels out the other side having more chance of having the leaver.

We were contesting Well on match point, was 99-99 in their favour, we were holding in overtime for ages and seemed to have a reasonable chance to flip it. I tossed my D.Va bomb as the only person on the point and the ejection jump out of mech put me high enough to not be capping point for a moment and overtime expired. Quite annoyed by that, I think it was my own fault for jumping as I came out and getting more height than a usual jump.

Counteracted my annoyance next match by a desperation long bomb fired blind towards payload past the first building in Dorado airbursting perfectly over the payload and getting a quintuple kill, only missed their reaper (probably used immunity). We didn't quite cap first point during our push, they were on the home stretch and I was first person back after a team wipe - but they never recovered from that and we ended up winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I'm seeing much the same thing with SR. Early season I climbed pretty comfortably from 1850 placement to 2460, gaining about 30-35SR, losing barely 20 at worst. I had a couple of catastrophic loss streaks though, that took me right back to 1900s after which my SR gains and losses have been fairly consistent 20-25 up or down - that's been effected heavily by the quality of the game; as a tank if you have a shit team for example with one healer who gets focused down constantly, it really limits what you can do to mitigate the loss. In between that though I've had some weird moments; at the end of one loss streak I gained 50SR from a win taking me from 1950 to 2000, and a couple of other 'game after a horrendous match' I made other substantial gains, so I think there might be a hidden 'compensation' system in place - either that or it recalibrates periodically and just chucks a bunch of SR at you.

I'm gonna have to contest this with a few factors that really do effect your team more:
    1, if you play 'off-meta' at all, you're the team more likely to have someone throw over it.
    2, the other team has a greater chance of having the smurf, unless you're the smurf.

One of those you can control, by not playing off-meta of course; but the other cancels out the other side having more chance of having the leaver.
    The issue with SR is that no one knows how it works. I think you were the one that told me about Mercy, while at the time seemed true, but since then it evened out; but, lately I'm noticing the gain:loss ratio having a big difference with Zenyatta. I've played him a few games over the last few days and on wins I seem to gain 25-50, and losses only being around 10-15. I don't really get much opportunity to play him due to dive comps lately and teammates refusing to help the healers (seems to be a big issue lately). I even had 1 game on a payload map where my team decided to play dive comp themselves and chase the enemy team around while 1-2 people from the opposing team would sit and push the payload, and then I got called stupid and retarded because I was trying to halt the push (better description a few posts back).
    Speaking of the "Meta," what the hell is that even considered anymore? I've been sitting 2400-2500 for a few weeks now (I'm content with that), but it seems like most games are 33/33/33 splits. I've seen 2/2/2, 1/4/1, and 1/3/2 roughly an equal amount of times lately that I'm not even sure if a true Meta exists right now. The games I'm in don't even seem to have a balance issue with it, just who can counter the other team better. We started 2/2/2, lost round 1 to a 1/4/1, so we swapped to 1/3/2, won 1, just to have the enemy team to 2/3/1, lose that one, we go back to 2/2/2, win 1, and then lost the 5th round as 1/3/2 vs 2/3/1. That was just 1 game, and Ive had multiple like that lately. Meta seems a little off to say it still exists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Messed around with Doomfist again today (after watching some streamers use him to great effect), and I've come to the realization that without a solid team and coordination, he's going to be an easy kill for the enemy team.

Also; Widow skin is best skin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    His fist on 4 sec CD needs to be balanced.
    I sincerely hope they give him more time and allow people to get used to him before they make too many changes. His whole shtick is his ability use (vs. shooting like the other heroes). I could see maybe 5sec cd, but anything more is going to throw off his whole toolkit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.