10+ Year Old Account
    XBox is weird. Not used a controller for years, so think I need to stick to DVa and Orisa on it until I'm more refined with my stick control. Do like though, more relaxed sinking into the sofa and harder for the cat to get in the way

PC though, QP has been okay today but nothing good from boxes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    I agree in theory, but in practice it makes for a very frustrating solo queue experience. I still think a ban system is a perfectly reasonable solution, even if it's only two bans per team. The thought of a ranked game with widow hanzo and genji all gone makes me pretty damn happy.
    I don't like the idea of bans at all, the hero pool just isn't big enough so you'd limit counterplay, and it's just going to tilt people who get their hero banned - and they can't just leave and re-queue because then they get an account ban. So unless they reviewed the whole queue system so you could either leave in form up, or queue for specific 'hero ban' matches (which could lead to abuse because then not every match is even) there's just no way it can work without massively increasing basic queue times.

At the end of it, I mostly play D.Va, I hate facing Roadhog; so if I always call for Roadhog to be banned (would be very easy to persuade people), and so if I never have to face him - does that really make me as skilled as my ranking would be if I did?
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2017-05-24 at 03:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Few days ago I FINALLY managed to salvage this entire clusterfuck of a season
    by crawling from a 14 game difference from wins to now being ahead of my
    losses. Even if it's a meager 3, its still something.

So the new season high is 2636. Not happy about it, but given the elo hell
    I was stuck in for the majority of the season, its better than nothing I suppose.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2017-05-24 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    I agree in theory, but in practice it makes for a very frustrating solo queue experience. I still think a ban system is a perfectly reasonable solution, even if it's only two bans per team. The thought of a ranked game with widow hanzo and genji all gone makes me pretty damn happy.
    A ban system is an absurd idea in OW right now.

I always play widow in comp I find it the most fun it's really satisfying one shotting people I rarely get healed tho I think this is a bid problem I think widow should have a rechargeable health pack on a 30 second timer or something I don't want to blame the healers but I ask for healing and I'm just ignored blizzard need to fix this. Plus I get so much abuse from the other players when I play widow my mute list is really big and I'm worried I will run out of hard disk space. One guy told me to go hang myself and threatened to gut my mother if I didn't switch I cried I was so upset ������

I'm loving that Mayhem is back but it really doesn't work on payloads. With constant monkey shields, Lucia amped up healing, Mei ice blocks, soldier biotic fields, Anna grenades, Reaper ghosting, Zarya shields everywhere and constant Mercy Rez's it is hard to wipe a team off the payload so typically the cart goes no where and it comes down to getting the attacking team to lose in overtime which lasts so long that a second too far from the cart gives the defenders the win, which I usually force with a gravity bomb to suck them away from the cart.

Mayhem really needs to be control point only.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffyfluff View Post
    I always play widow in comp I find it the most fun it's really satisfying one shotting people I rarely get healed tho I think this is a bid problem I think widow should have a rechargeable health pack on a 30 second timer or something I don't want to blame the healers but I ask for healing and I'm just ignored blizzard need to fix this. Plus I get so much abuse from the other players when I play widow my mute list is really big and I'm worried I will run out of hard disk space. One guy told me to go hang myself and threatened to gut my mother if I didn't switch I cried I was so upset ������
    It doesn't need fixing, Widow is supposed to have limitations to balance her long range dominance. The healers need to be healing the players who are in the thick of battle. A good widow keeps a gas trap where someone would take to sneak up on her to warn her of attacks and know where health packs are and have a grappling escape route to it to heal themselves. If widow could heal herself she would be unbalanced and OP.

Your mute list is saved on your account in the cloud, not your hard disk.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-05-25 at 02:58 AM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pharah ruins every game she's in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Pharah ruins every game she's in.
    Or learn to shoot the pharah?

I dislike her effect on the game, but not because she "ruins games", but just because she's needs more of a hard counter than most other heroes, with very few weaknesses to offset that. But that's 90% because of how strong she is with a Mercy riding pocket.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Or learn to shoot the pharah?

I dislike her effect on the game, but not because she "ruins games", but just because she's needs more of a hard counter than most other heroes, with very few weaknesses to offset that. But that's 90% because of how strong she is with a Mercy riding pocket.
    The problem is for 90% of the player base there is very little counter to her, especially with a Mercy combo. I get that in the higher ranks good soldiers/Mcree can shut her down, but realistically that's such a small portion of players she needs toning down or another hero introducing who can be a direct counter, not a "decent" option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draex View Post
    The problem is for 90% of the player base there is very little counter to her, especially with a Mercy combo. I get that in the higher ranks good soldiers/Mcree can shut her down, but realistically that's such a small portion of players she needs toning down or another hero introducing who can be a direct counter, not a "decent" option.
    I've noticed that, as with Tracer and Genji, it's not so much that they can't. It's that they won't. The number of players who insist on keeping to their knife in a gunfight is staggering.

McCree/76 don't really deal with that PharMercy that well at higher skills levels.

You need a D.Va and good movement around the map.

It's a potent combo though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just completed my placement matches for Season 4.

Been going up pretty nicely, I guess: s2: 2555 -> s3: 2939 -> s4: 3179.

Sadly connection decided to fuck up 7th placement game, so got penalty and auto-defeat from it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Soldier and McCree aren't really the best counters, in the first place. Widowmaker's the clear winner, since she can headshot either Pharah or Mercy and get a one-hit kill, regardless of healing by the Mercy. From a relatively safe range, to boot, since Pharah is putting herself at risk if she's staying out of range of everyone else.

Soldier and McCree have significant falloff, and their secondary abilities don't help. Recon mode Bastion is a better hitscan for taking out a Pharah; he does comparable damage to Soldier 76 (Soldier 76 has a higher fire rate, which is actually a negative, somewhat, due to bloom, but Bastion now has higher damage per shot), and has A> way more health, B> a bunch of armor, and C> more reliable self-healing.

And like Jessicka said, it's not that they can't. It's that they won't. Had a match on Ilios last night, and we had two DPS who instalocked Genji and Symmetra. Worked fine for the first couple maps, then they swapped to a Pharah, and we spent the rest of the matches losing and asking those two to swap to something that could help.

D.va wasn't a great assist, because those two ALSO never stuck to the point, so Pharah would just pick them off. We tried taking her out with an Ana, but that's a shitshow since her damage nerf.

The single biggest issue I've been facing in Gold really boils down to "DPS players". If we have good DPS who swap to what the team needs, 90% of the time, we win. When they won't swap, we lose. DPS heroes are the "toolkit", more than any other role; even if you "main" a certain flexible DPS hero, you need to be willing to swap to what the team needs if what you're maining isn't working.

Same goes for tanks and healers, but IME those players are A> far more willing to swap, and B> have much fewer options and diversity to swap to, to begin with.

How should I play against genji? Im really starting to hate this character, always in air, fast as fuck and annoying as hell. He is always bullying our supports (mostly me, since I suck at aiming) and noone seems like care about him at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Honik View Post
    How should I play against genji? Im really starting to hate this character, always in air, fast as fuck and annoying as hell. He is always bullying our supports (mostly me, since I suck at aiming) and noone seems like care about him at all.
    Genji has plenty of counters. Any beam attacks go right past his Deflect, so Winston and Zarya can be major threats if he's close enough to blitz your supports. McCree's Flashbang will stun him for an easy kill. Junkrat traps work, Mei can make his life miserable, etc.

As a support player, if you're Mercy, be aware of where he is. When he dives you, fly to safety. As Lucio, boop. As Ana/Zenyatta, get good at aiming (sleep dart in particular, if you land it, ruins Genji's day).

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have the DPS to pick another tank, Winston is good for dealing with genji. As an added bonus, the noise Genji makes when he's being electrocuted is one of the best in the game. Never fails to make me laugh.

Although, the problem in my experience is that Genji is a hero that tends to have "mains," which means you can't just pick Winston temporarily to stalk and murder Genji until he decides he's too miserable and switches to something else. So you have to be on him the whole match and depending on how effectively you are about killing him and then moving on to other stuff, that might not be enough total contribution to the team.

I'm a bad Winston though so take that with a grain of salt.
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    If you have the DPS to pick another tank, Winston is good for dealing with genji. As an added bonus, the noise Genji makes when he's being electrocuted is one of the best in the game. Never fails to make me laugh.

Although, the problem in my experience is that Genji is a hero that tends to have "mains," which means you can't just pick Winston temporarily to stalk and murder Genji until he decides he's too miserable and switches to something else. So you have to be on him the whole match and depending on how effectively you are about killing him and then moving on to other stuff, that might not be enough total contribution to the team.

I'm a bad Winston though so take that with a grain of salt.
    The advantage of Winston is that he's insanely mobile.

No tank can afford to babysit the supports; at best, they're providing some cover. Winston should be out front mixing things up, but his Leap means he can be back at your backline in a second if he's keeping an eye on things.

The biggest issue is that Winston struggles to actually KILL Genji. He can hit him dead easy, and Genji can't block it, but Genji's sword dash, double jump, and wall climb all give him a bunch of ways to get away from Winston.

If he burned the sword slash to dive IN, though, tasty tasty Genji burgers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, I'm a pretty bad Winston and I can do decent at keeping Genji at bay if I can swap. Even if I can't kill him (although I often can), I can usually make him run away which means Mercy lives for that much longer.

The bigger problem is that it's not always feasible to swap, and sometimes Winston isn't a good pick for other comp reasons.
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're good at tracking your aim on targets, Genji is pretty easy to deal with as 76.

Deleted
    Yey, actually managed to break into Master for first time despite the end of season trolling that's been going on! A nice win streak on Ana from around 3300 to 3532.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    If you're good at tracking your aim on targets, Genji is pretty easy to deal with as 76.
    That's true. You can check out the popular top500 DPS streamers. They are often wrecking Genjis as S76. It's pretty much 2 seconds of firing after deflect goes down and Genji is dead.

guys i'll play it this weekend and then buy it if i like it, anything you recommend?