Meta report of the tournaments before the current patch, has quite a few games in it for data because of OW Contenders, TakeTV and Apex playoffs.

Hope Reaper makes a big enough impact to off set the Hog nerfs because even as an avid Winston player I can tell the game is a little shit to play right now if you play dps heroes that aren't Tracer or Genji.

And again, this obviously doesn't mean much for matchmaking, I just think the stats are interesting.
    Last edited by Woobels; 2017-06-22 at 09:47 PM.

Most probably is because the level I play, but have any of you seen what I'm gonna call "One thousand Monkeys with one thousand typewriters syndrome". It consists of Hanzo players just throwing arrows in a general direction, given the amount of arrows they shoot its only natural that they will eventually hit something and will eventually crit too. It would seem that like 90% of the Hanzo's I meet, regardless of team, have it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post

Meta report of the tournaments before the current patch, has quite a few games in it for data because of OW Contenders, TakeTV and Apex playoffs.

Hope Reaper makes a big enough impact to off set the Hog nerfs because even as an avid Winston player I can tell the game is a little shit to play right now if you play dps heroes that aren't Tracer or Genji.

And again, this obviously doesn't mean much for matchmaking, I just think the stats are interesting.
    Not a big surprise, more or less everyone seems to be playing some dive variant in the pro scene right now. Pretty much every single match has the S Tier + Tier1 heroes and some combination of T2+T3.

And you're right, this means absolutely nothing for matchmaking. Especially on lower ranks people shouldn't even try to mimic this since especially the DPS heroes here (Tracer + Genji) have such a high skill cap, not to mention the whole play style of this dive comp is based on good communication and focus fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Janz View Post
    Not a big surprise, more or less everyone seems to be playing some dive variant in the pro scene right now. Pretty much every single match has the S Tier + Tier1 heroes and some combination of T2+T3.

And you're right, this means absolutely nothing for matchmaking. Especially on lower ranks people shouldn't even try to mimic this since especially the DPS heroes here (Tracer + Genji) have such a high skill cap, not to mention the whole play style of this dive comp is based on good communication and focus fire.
    They absolutely should mimic this for attack at the very least. It is VERY effective, even at lower ranks. I rarely lose a match tanking as D.Va alongside Winston, while the slower heroes really don't work on attack at all.

Yeah, assuming the Winston player is somewhat capable I think Winston/Dva functions at most levels of play, it's really difficult to kill key targets when Dva is DMing your face and Winston is dropping bubbles and frying you.

I haven't been able to play much since the patch but I imagine the new Reaper changes help though, Winston is deceptively hard to play get themselves killed a lot because of it.

Something like Winston/Dva/PharMercy/76/Another healer would probably tear up the uncoordinated messy comps, bonus if you have a capable Tracer or Genji but I imagine those are a little more rare.

Pretty much all I see in mid rank and very often in QP too is dive, after dive, after dive. Really tired of it.

This guy says crash logs expose doomfist/summer games is next event https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyOw9-HWd5Q

That tells me that Doomfist is Hammond, and it makes sense. Doomfist is the mastermind behind a lot of stuff, and evil. Hammond is obviously a super smart chimp who is evil enough to throw scientists out of an air hatch. Yes they were hurting him with their experiments but he could of put them on a one way ship back to earth but instead he tossed them out like so much trash.
    Taking the doomfist gives him the physical power he needs and the bad ass cred he wants. The next hero is 'on the horizon' and only Hammond has been mentioned as any kind of background character there that is still unaccounted for. If doomfist is next and the next hero is on the horizon, well thats hammond.

Doomfist is next and doomfist is hammond.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    Pretty much all I see in mid rank and very often in QP too is dive, after dive, after dive. Really tired of it.
    It honestly has made Quick Play a LOT less fun because of it. I used to be able to play casually and make some sort of impact with whatever team I'm placed with. Now I barely make it out of spawn sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Doomfist is next and doomfist is hammond.
    A monkey wielding the Doomfist, smashing people around...*shivers*
    The real question is : will Doomfist have an animation like Sombra where he'd interact with Winston ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A-sayo View Post
    A monkey wielding the Doomfist, smashing people around...*shivers*
    The real question is : will Doomfist have an animation like Sombra where he'd interact with Winston ?
    Maybe Winston, but almost certainly Orisa as well.

I don't get it. Picked soldier, pharah is killing us and everyone is screaming AT ME to kill her while they just ignore her? She got away on like 5-20 hp 6 times because they just ignored her even though they were in a position to kill her. Screaming at me to kill her when they ignore her and then they get pissed when I picked another hero and said I'm just going to ignore anyone that the hero is not a counter to, just to simulate how they're playing. Seriously.

What is it with people? Played reaper another game and winston was chasing down mercy all the time "OMG REAPER, KILL WINSTON YOU ARE HIS COUNTER", yeah, so? That doesn't mean I'm the only one who should be shooting him.

This is just insane, how people can think that they shouldn't shoot someone just because they're not the counter to them is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    I don't get it. Picked soldier, pharah is killing us and everyone is screaming AT ME to kill her while they just ignore her? She got away on like 5-20 hp 6 times because they just ignored her even though they were in a position to kill her. Screaming at me to kill her when they ignore her and then they get pissed when I picked another hero and said I'm just going to ignore anyone that the hero is not a counter to, just to simulate how they're playing. Seriously.

What is it with people? Played reaper another game and winston was chasing down mercy all the time "OMG REAPER, KILL WINSTON YOU ARE HIS COUNTER", yeah, so? That doesn't mean I'm the only one who should be shooting him.

This is just insane, how people can think that they shouldn't shoot someone just because they're not the counter to them is beyond me.
    It is absolutely normal for people to ask the soldier to get her as he is one of the characters that does better at it than most. I know you don't want to hear it and most likely will just dismiss what I say because it doesn't fit your ideal that you were the actual victim but switching characters so that no one can ask you to do it makes you a bad team player and since this is a team game it makes you a bad overwatch player.

This is a game about counters, it is not insane for someone who is a natural counter to Winston to actually counter Winston as intended. I doubt very much that no one else was willing to shoot Winston just because Reaper should be doing it. That's something you made up in your head.

As a Reaper player nobody has to tell me to kill him, hell I see a Winston and I am gleefully screaming, "FRESH MEAT!!!!" Let's just say I have killed so many Winstons that I should get a job as a Zoo keeper.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-06-24 at 03:36 PM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

It is absolutely normal for people to ask the soldier to get her as he is one of the characters that does better at it than most. I know you don't want to hear it and most likely will just dismiss what I say because it doesn't fit your ideal that you were the actual victim but switching characters so that no one can ask you to do it makes you a bad team player and since this is a team game it makes you a bad overwatch player.
    ... Try reading my post again. They were ignoring pharah because they were not playing characters that are her counter. Soldier shouldn't be the only one shooting pharah, I only applied their logic when I switched to show them how stupid they were. Anyone that can shoot anyone should be doing so, not ignore them because they're not their counter.

They NEVER shot her.

This is a game about counters, it is not insane for someone who is a natural counter to Winston to actually counter Winston as intended.
    The game is not a 1v1 game. I can't be on winstons ass all the time, sometimes we're in the middle of a fight on the point, sometimes I'm off to kill their mercy so she won't res the team, sometimes I'm low on health and not getting any healing so I have to get out of there to find a health pack. There's a lot of variables that means you're not up winstons ass to kill him all the time. What you're suggesting is that I ignore everything else to chase winston. Besides, they can shoot him too, they don't need me to be up his ass to kill him if they actually shot him.

That's something you made up in your head.
    Nope. You underestimate how stupid people are.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2017-06-24 at 03:53 PM.

... Try reading my post again. They were ignoring pharah because they were not playing characters that are her counter. Soldier shouldn't be the only one shooting pharah, I only applied their logic when I switched to show them how stupid they were. Anyone that can shoot anyone should be doing so, not ignore them because they're not their counter.

They NEVER shot her.

The game is not a 1v1 game. I can't be on winstons ass all the time, sometimes we're in the middle of a fight on the point, sometimes I'm off to kill their mercy so she won't res the team, sometimes I'm low on health and not getting any healing so I have to get out of there to find a health pack. There's a lot of variables that means you're not up winstons ass to kill him all the time. What you're suggesting is that I ignore everything else to chase winston. Besides, they can shoot him too, they don't need me to be up his ass to kill him if they actually shot him.

Nope. You underestimate how stupid people are.
    Which characters were they? If they were bastions, Sombra, widowmaker and Hanzo then you might have a point but if they are not hit scan, midrange or healers then you are wrong. You conveniently leave out the part of what anyone else was playing because it doesn't reinforce your narrative. Even Anna needs to be focused on healing the ground game because if she is shooting up she isn't able to keep her team healed.

You over estimate your own value. You are looking for reasons to complain so you can imagine yourself as the victim. Perpetual victim isn't a good look for anyone. You were in the wrong and your behavior was more toxic than anyone else on your team.

The only thing you taught them was that you are toxic and bad at overwatch.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-06-24 at 05:12 PM.

The only thing you taught them was that you are toxic and bad at overwatch.
    You're the bad one if you think soldier should be the only one shooting at pharah and everyone else should ignore her.

Can I just say, the only reason I'm liking these Roadhog changes is so I can gleefully say "I told you so" to all the people who were asking for him to be nerfed?

I mean, I got into a huge argument with a friend about flashbang+fan the hammer being too strong when the game first launched, and they were claiming "It's fine for him to mow down a Roadhog that quickly", and then, lo and behold, a month later he was nerfed.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2017-06-24 at 06:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Can I just say, the only reason I'm liking these Roadhog changes is so I can gleefully say "I told you so" to all the people who were asking for him to be nerfed?

I mean, I got into a huge argument with a friend about flashbang+fan the hammer being too strong when the game first launched, and they were claiming "It's fine for him to mow down a Roadhog that quickly", and then, lo and behold, a month later he was nerfed.
    They seriously need to start responding with "git gud" to some of these complaints.

Roadhog keeps snagging and one-shotting you? Get your tanks to use barriers; Rein, Orisa, and Zarya all ruin Roadhog's day. Play a hero he can't easily snag. Play a Genji and reflect it for lulz.

If you got snagged and one-shot by a Roadhog, it's because he outplayed you; you were out of position and he capitalized on it. It's no more "broken" than walking out into the open and getting headshot by a Widowmaker.

Still enjoying the game even after many hours put into it, still have my gripes with the hook and scatter arrows mainly but beyond that it tends to be
    certain people ruining the otherwise fun experience.
    I do like that the hook is no longer a guaranteed kill, even though i still think it`s hitbox needs to reigned in, just had a game where it decided to turn into my character
    after the player clearly missed me, stuff like that gets to me in the long run.

Played a comp game where we owned the other team on Hanamura. It didn't even feel fair. One of the rare games I didn't get stuck playing a healer and went 76, and just for the hell of it swapped to Bastion before the game started. Was planning on swapping to 76 the first death I had but it never happened. Their tanks didn't have any staying power for their comp, the Tracer missed me with her Ult twice, and their Hanzo couldn't hit a barn. Next round, we went complete dive and took point A in about 3 minutes.
    I'm not saying we were amazing or the other team was bad, just that I had a good game and the other team didn't. Nice to have games like that once in a while with Comp.

You're the bad one if you think soldier should be the only one shooting at pharah and everyone else should ignore her.
    There you go making stuff up in your head again. I never said he should be the only one shooting at Pharah, and that just proves that you make up scenarios in your head so you can justify being toxic. You did it to your team and you just did it to me. I said that it is not uncommon to ask one of the people playing a counter to pharah to kill pharah. Thats the same bull that you have made up in your head that you accused your team of. Then you complained that you were playing reaper and they wanted you to kill Winston, god forbid. You still havent said who was on your team, I'm going to bet it was a bunch of people who couldnt hit Pharah at that kind of range. I stand by my comment, you were toxic and bad. get good.

I play soldier from time to time and sometimes my team asks me to get pharah and I do try but sometimes I fail because there are 5 other threats and I cant look up and forward at the same time. If I can't kill pharah due to the enemy team eliminating me then that is the nature of the game. What I don't do is switch to someone who can't hit pharah to 'teach them a lesson' because that is the very nature of being a toxic player and I am smart enough to know I am not going to teach anyone anything by being toxic and if I do behave like you did the only thing they learn is that bad players exist.

But like I said, you won't listen to anyone who doesn't agree with how you depict the situation where you were the poor innocent angel incapable of doing anything wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dejiko View Post
    Still enjoying the game even after many hours put into it, still have my gripes with the hook and scatter arrows mainly but beyond that it tends to be
    certain people ruining the otherwise fun experience.
    I do like that the hook is no longer a guaranteed kill, even though i still think it`s hitbox needs to reigned in, just had a game where it decided to turn into my character
    after the player clearly missed me, stuff like that gets to me in the long run.
    Hooks don't turn into you, more than likely it is a lag issue. On your end it looked like the hook couldn't possibly hit but it hit on roadhogs end. Considering that both players are sending information across thousands of miles of internet and back again faster than a person can blink stuff like this happens.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    They seriously need to start responding with "git gud" to some of these complaints.

Roadhog keeps snagging and one-shotting you? Get your tanks to use barriers; Rein, Orisa, and Zarya all ruin Roadhog's day. Play a hero he can't easily snag. Play a Genji and reflect it for lulz.

If you got snagged and one-shot by a Roadhog, it's because he outplayed you; you were out of position and he capitalized on it. It's no more "broken" than walking out into the open and getting headshot by a Widowmaker.
    I don;t know why people complain about the hook, I dodge 9 out of 10 hooks unless he catches me by complete surprise and I don't see him coming and he should nail me because he successfuly flanked me. As soon as that hand goes back to do the hook animation I leap to the left or right and the hook misses by a mile. The chance of getting hooked goes up with your hero frame but if you have a large frame you can more than likely survive the initial shot.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-06-25 at 08:43 AM.