Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    See, this just isn't really a fair comparison.

1> Junkrat's almost never going to get that lucky, particularly since it requires that the enemy team is dumb.
    2> To "switch" to McCree, he's got to either die and take the 10 second death timer, and THEN the time to run back to the front lines, or he's running back to the spawn room (likely similar/longer than the 10 seconds), switch, and run back. Either way, you're giving the team a solid 20+ seconds without your presence, seconds in which you could've been headshotting dudes with McCree and charging your ultimate anyway.
    1. Junkrat doesn't have to get that lucky. Them stats are based on per 200 dmg. Junkrat can hit a single person with 1 grenade at any range for 120/200 figure. McCree can only beat that if he's at his most effective range AND headshot them.
    Now factor that Junkrat can realistically splash some of his grenades, and now you can see why his ulti, despite having the same requirements, is able to be charged much quicker.

I haven't singled them out based on who has teh better ultimate, but because while they charge up their ulti at the same rate, Junkrat is much easier to charge it.
    I'd argue McCree's is better because I blow the rip tire away all the time with McCree. The only reason you could say it's better is because of the frequency of rip tires being up, at which case see above.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Yeah fairly certain i ran against a mccree using an aimbot last night. Normally i don't accuse people of it, but after being 3 shotted by him 4 times from a distance and how he could hit every shot of fan with my as mercy, i'm calling BS.
    Oddly enough the one I kept running into was also Mcree. While his fan shots were extremely accurate, it was his ridiculous snap sniping through a couple of his teammates that seemed most suspect to me.
    One of these days, I should probably figure out a decent signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Fan is RNG though, you can't control where the bullets land.
    Fan is RNG? I always thought i was similar to a CS weapon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldonia View Post
    Oddly enough the one I kept running into was also Mcree. While his fan shots were extremely accurate, it was his ridiculous snap sniping through a couple of his teammates that seemed most suspect to me.
    Yeah, 3 direct headshots as i'm jumping around is a bit crazy imo. Especially 4 times in a match.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelendria View Post
    1. Junkrat doesn't have to get that lucky. Them stats are based on per 200 dmg. Junkrat can hit a single person with 1 grenade at any range for 120/200 figure. McCree can only beat that if he's at his most effective range AND headshot them.
    Now factor that Junkrat can realistically splash some of his grenades, and now you can see why his ulti, despite having the same requirements, is able to be charged much quicker.

I haven't singled them out based on who has teh better ultimate, but because while they charge up their ulti at the same rate, Junkrat is much easier to charge it.
    I'd argue McCree's is better because I blow the rip tire away all the time with McCree. The only reason you could say it's better is because of the frequency of rip tires being up, at which case see above.
    I wasn't disputing that Junkrat could charge his ult faster. I was pointing out that this does not mean you can effectively play Junkrat to charge your ult, then swap to McCree, because you're adding 20+ seconds where you're effectively out of the game completely to make that change, and you weren't factoring that additional time in.

You're not comparing Junkrat to McCree straight up. You're comparing Junkrat plus 20+ seconds of "doing absolutely nothing productive" to McCree, who plays throughout that time frame.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Fan is RNG? I always thought i was similar to a CS weapon.
    Yes and no. There's some upward recoil per-shot, but there's also some side-to-side swing. You can't control it enough to get 6 distance headshots, but you CAN control the verticality enough to ensure you hit someone right in front of you in the face 6 times.

Yeah, 3 direct headshots as i'm jumping around is a bit crazy imo. Especially 4 times in a match.
    Having played a bunch of McCree lately, it's not as hard as you'd think. Especially if you're jumping. Jumping locks you into a trajectory, and makes your path more predictable than if you stayed on the ground and ducked back and forth randomly. At mid-range, if I'm on my game, I can at least 50% of the time headshot someone before they hit the ground, if they're jumping like a loon. I've had a few matches in Eichenwalde where I'd get 14+ kill streaks at that first gate choke point before the first checkpoint, just by hanging back and headshotting anyone who stuck their face out; the range is close to perfect.

Not saying it's NOT an aimbot, just saying that McCrees with aim DO exist. I don't even consider myself particularly great; I'm Gold, pushing for Platinum rank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes and no. There's some upward recoil per-shot, but there's also some side-to-side swing. You can't control it enough to get 6 distance headshots, but you CAN control the verticality enough to ensure you hit someone right in front of you in the face 6 times.
    Unless you're me and you have a 50% hit chance on someone right in front of you who's stunned.. Every fucking time. (Then again, I've also done 3x headshots from like 20 meters away with it, so.. I think it balances out)

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you're me and you have a 50% hit chance on someone right in front of you who's stunned.. Every fucking time. (Then again, I've also done 3x headshots from like 20 meters away with it, so.. I think it balances out)
    Pretty much all my practice with McCree has been on getting mid-range headshots, not getting muscle memory down for fan-the-hammer control. I know it's POSSIBLE, because I spent a few minutes in the practice range shooting a wall point-blank, but in actual gameplay, I usually either don't pull down hard enough, or too hard.

There's "possible in theory" and then there's "stuff I can actually pull off in a live match".

Lost 3 games in a row. Two had retarded teams. 3rd match started badly but we managed to at least get 2 wins before the enemy got the 3rd. x)

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much all my practice with McCree has been on getting mid-range headshots, not getting muscle memory down for fan-the-hammer control. I know it's POSSIBLE, because I spent a few minutes in the practice range shooting a wall point-blank, but in actual gameplay, I usually either don't pull down hard enough, or too hard.

There's "possible in theory" and then there's "stuff I can actually pull off in a live match".
    I mean, I can pull down just right.. I just have shit luck with where the bullets go. There's like a sliver of the circle outside someone's head and 5 bullets go there, they turn around and shoot me because they're Reaper and my face is a target

There's luck, asspulls, and cheats.

Seen McCrees kill targets @ full health in one FTH from 5 character widths away while jumping like cocker spaniels. Happens once in a game, it's an asspull. More, it's probably a cheat of some sort. Recoil-minimizing/killing cheats have been a thing in FPS games forever.

But there's probably no anti-recoil cheat for this game yet, just really suspicious reliable asspulls.

7+ Year Old Account
    seems like something wrong with the servers, i cant connect and rejoin my game.

such a beautiful fucking time to join a competitive match.
    yeeey.... if i lost a rank because of this im gonna riot.

also, i started to really love mercy, she is so fun, so much heals.
    loving it.

Formerly known as Arafal

Fan is RNG though, you can't control where the bullets land.
    Nothing RNG about fan. You can control it with the same technique that people use in CS to control a full auto weapon without letting go of the trigger. The same with Roadhog's ulti.
    At close range if you pull down smoothly on the mouse all 6 shots will go in pretty much the same place.

Managed to solo drag myself out of the miserable placement matches (3-7) I had. Gained just over 300 pts so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelendria View Post
    Nothing RNG about fan. You can control it with the same technique that people use in CS to control a full auto weapon without letting go of the trigger. The same with Roadhog's ulti.
    At close range if you pull down smoothly on the mouse all 6 shots will go in pretty much the same place.

Managed to solo drag myself out of the miserable placement matches (3-7) I had. Gained just over 300 pts so far.
    The bullets will hit anywhere within the circle though.

7+ Year Old Account
    anyone else unable to log in?

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    I got in just fine on EU

7+ Year Old Account
    I got in just fine on EU
    also EU, i managed to log in, cant join a match tho... servers keep crashing.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    also EU, i managed to log in, cant join a match tho... servers keep crashing.
    Sometimes I have issues with getting into games as well, and resetting my router seems to work.

That said, I got in just fine now, so it's something on your end/something with your ISP, and not Blizzards servers

7 losses in a row in comp. Never had it this bad in season one..

Quick play is more balanced for me atm lol

Deleted
    today i learned that it's possible to not lost any rank even tho you lost the game

had two games today where i lost (not draw, but lost) byt it didn't pull my SR down at all.. will note that in those two games i did extremely well, pulling insane amount of dmg and having generally very high stats.

I started playing competitive this week (skipped season 1). I thought the cancer community wasn't existing in competitive, only in quick play, unfortunate I was wrong. Met some horrible people today. From major trolls to very salty people, many leavers and a Mei that found it fun to put an ice wall in front op the spawn door. I find this so unthinkable annoying, I also really don't understand why people spend their time online like this on a Saturday evening (I don't understand it on any day tbh). Intentionally going online to troll people and to ruin games, how fcking retarded can one be.

Still, I also had some beautiful games and after all: I love this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally got undying, was a mostly all Winston game because memes. Somehow managed to get 20 elims and not die on the first round of Illios. Hilariously enough we won. Followed up with an all Symmetra game, although the other team didn't follow suit. Surprisingly won that one as well.

Wait, FtH headshots now?
    Shhhhh, she's doing magical trig bullshit trig substitutions