There's a difference between choosing not to small talk, and choosing to say absolutely nothing. In my limited experience in comparison to an actual Finn I've yet to meet one who is as you describe. Infact the only distinction I could merit between the group I used to play WoW with was that they were all piss heads.

Mutes and spammers are the extremes. There is a majority group that say just enough that needs to be said.

Deleted
    Again, a Junkrat, spamming his tire constantly at low %, then when he has it ready does a triple yell, three lines to make sure we know his ulti is ready, and then immediately after proceeds to pop Q in front of 2-3 enemies, they shoot his tire and then him. We were all over, not really attacking as a group, so...useful indeed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also incredibly sick of backfilling games that are ten seconds from fucking losing.

They need to increase the leaver penalty so people don't leave as much or make it so win/loss doesn't count if you join a game with less than 30 seconds remaining.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Also incredibly sick of backfilling games that are ten seconds from fucking losing.

They need to increase the leaver penalty so people don't leave as much or make it so win/loss doesn't count if you join a game with less than 30 seconds remaining.
    I'd up that to a minute before game ends; there is just no way you can get your bearings to have any sort of impact in that time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Eh, the "total points" rankings don't mean much, mostly a reflection of how much you've played.

Pretty sure my wife is top 50 Mercy or something by that metric.
    I wouldn't say that...to some extent it's because of that but honestly it seems like it's based more on how much time you spend on a given character. I have some friends who I've looked up on MasterOverwatch who are higher level than I am but because they play so many different characters, their "rank" is still quite average on all of them. I look at mine and the three characters I play extremely frequently are ranked pretty high while the other characters I play much less are average or just not ranked at all.

10+ Year Old Account

You get bonus XP for backfilling, and if you lose I don't think it counts as a loss for the person who fills in. I agree it can be annoying but if it doesn't happen frequently I don't mind it much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    I wouldn't say that...to some extent it's because of that but honestly it seems like it's based more on how much time you spend on a given character. I have some friends who I've looked up on MasterOverwatch who are higher level than I am but because they play so many different characters, their "rank" is still quite average on all of them. I look at mine and the three characters I play extremely frequently are ranked pretty high while the other characters I play much less are average or just not ranked at all.
    I'm actually only "ranked" on Tracer, Pharah and 76 on MasterOverwatch, though I've played more than those three (albeit they are my three most frequently played toons) so I'm not sure how their system works. From memory I'm in ~3000th place on Tracer, no idea out of what though. No idea if that means top 10%, bottom 10%, somewhere in the middle. How many Tracers are being ranked?
    Putin khuliyo

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    You get bonus XP for backfilling, and if you lose I don't think it counts as a loss for the person who fills in. I agree it can be annoying but if it doesn't happen frequently I don't mind it much.
    That is how is is supposed to work, but there is a bug that can net you a loss and no xp currently. Supposedly fixed on the PTR.

So Ive been a solo qer since launch, level 45, I dont play that often, few rounds here and there at a time, but I have had no issues solo qing whatsoever, for one, its quick match so if my team ends up being a bunch of retards who dont do team work then so be it, ill worry about keeping my KD spread on all my heroes above 3 or 4 per death, and if the team does want to play together then again so be it, we will play to win. I could honestly care less about what heroes people choose, how cooperative they are and so on when it comes to quick match, when competitive comes itll be a different story, they better not allow 2 of the same hero, and things like that, and ill be qing with friends as well for sure, also so far for people around level 80+ ive yet to meet one thats actually good lol, so far theyre all just nerds who play too much but arent actually good. I have stomped teams of 70-100 more often then not.

Meh.

Edit - Was in response to the question of the topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually only "ranked" on Tracer, Pharah and 76 on MasterOverwatch, though I've played more than those three (albeit they are my three most frequently played toons) so I'm not sure how their system works. From memory I'm in ~3000th place on Tracer, no idea out of what though. No idea if that means top 10%, bottom 10%, somewhere in the middle. How many Tracers are being ranked?
    I'm not entirely sure, either, but I've seen ranks of some characters go as high up as almost rank 30,000 before being unranked. Take my Torbjorn for instance. I've played 3 hours on him because I only use him on point B after being pushed off point A as Symmetra. For me, he's rank 27,778. I have 2 hours on Mercy but I'm frankly horrible at her and am totally unranked. I have 33 hours on Symmetra and am rank 104 right now.

I think it's basically just a measure of how much time you've spent on a certain character. Say you look at the leaderboard for Symmetra specifically, you can see that the higher a player is that generally the more hours they've spent on her.

Unfortunately those leaderboards only load the top 300 so I don't know how many of each character are being ranked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going very good Lvl 39 atm, tho the only Hero i can really play is Torbjörn

I'm level 24~

Most of my time has been spent on Pharah, but I've put in a few hours between D.Va, Reaper and Bastion. Usually if I can't break past a strong defense team with Pharah or they have Snipers/Turrets set up to shoot me down I'll go with D.Va to disrupt the enemy team by charging in and smashing their turrets/snipers while DM is up so my team can get through. If I really am just doing it solo then Reaper is amazing. Of course Bastion is just my go-to for places like Volskaya/Hanamura Defense.

I've Wraithed into Quintuple kills with Death Blossom more than once, I've self-destructed and picked off survivors with D.Va a lot and I've just had so much fun flying above people and raining hell on them with Pharah. I really can't decide if I like Pharah or D.Va more since I've messed so many people up with both - I just love how disruptive and efficient they can be. Also it's nifty that when the Mech goes down D.Va switches into a hit/run attacker.

But the BEST thing I've ever done was knock out a team with Conc shot in Nepal.

I LOVE Overwatch
    Last edited by Ashrynn; 2016-06-21 at 11:34 PM.

What they need to do is increase the leaver penalty (especially in the last minute of the match or so), but also lock the matches that have less than a minute to go, so that people don't get thrown in in the last 10 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I'd up that to a minute before game ends; there is just no way you can get your bearings to have any sort of impact in that time.
    Yesterday I got so pissed off after losing several games in a row and then getting thrown into a game with 30 seconds to go that I picked S76, rushed the point and killed 3 on my own, at which point my team kicked in. We won. But yeah, you won't make a difference 9 out of 10 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Deleted
    So i far i am enjoying the game itself with the exception of Hanzo shooting 747 size arrows.

However my frustration begins with the players themselves rather than the game, There are 2 people left to pick there are no tanks or healers so they pick Widowmaker/Reaper/Solder "im a cod player" 76 they then proceed to ignore the objective completely and try and score a gold medal for eliminations and then complain when we lose.

So far most of my game time is played as a support/tank i quite enjoy Mercy and Lucio and Roadhog on as a tank but these characters are far less effective without the other and some people think that you have "mains" in this game that get used in every situation which i cannot agree with, now main "Role" works most of the time but you cannot play 1 hero for every map and team composition and expect it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    What they need to do is increase the leaver penalty (especially in the last minute of the match or so), but also lock the matches that have less than a minute to go, so that people don't get thrown in in the last 10 seconds.

Yesterday I got so pissed off after losing several games in a row and then getting thrown into a game with 30 seconds to go that I picked S76, rushed the point and killed 3 on my own, at which point my team kicked in. We won. But yeah, you won't make a difference 9 out of 10 times.
    I heard on PTR they have increased XP for back filling and losses do not count on your record.
    Last edited by mmocafde98d0b8; 2016-06-22 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    i'd honestly want them to get rid of the leaver penalty since i always get thrown into obvisous troll or unfun games and the way it penalizes people is stupid.

Case in point around last week i joined a match and its those 30 secs where every1 starts picking their champ, the map was nepal king of the hill and 3 people instantly lock in like 1 widowmaker and 2 hanzos. obviously i just sigh and leave that group cause its the 30 sec before the match where you dont get penalty and i could see they were the type that refuse to change and lets be honest fighting a 3v6 in nepal isnt going to be fun. so anyways i get back to start screen and i w8 like 30 secs/1 min so i dont get put in the same group and lo and behold i get put in it since people just keep leaving cause of the trolls (no shit), so thats one penalty goin for me, i then wait 2 minutes and get put into the same group again and promply leave again thus earning my 2nd penalty which means one more and im out for the 75% less exp.

i mean i dont mind losing if the team is trying and has like diferent heroes, but when its 2/3 snipers in KOH or other maps i just cant deal with that since i know that its efectively a 3v6 where most likely we'll get spawn camped
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

So for the past few days I've been solo que and turned off the chat. Started practicing on some of my lesser played hero's like Roadhog and Torb, even when the team didn't really need either. I felt a bit bad at first since I didn't think I would help the team that much, but then I noticed something. These people that I never play, I often play against so I know what their weaknesses are and have played against really good people playing these characters. So I tried to emulate some of the people I had played against with these characters that I could remember. I started doing really well with them, Roadhog PoTG, cards, wins everything just cause I didn't necessarily know what to do 100%, but I definitely knew what not to do. It was an odd experience in that I was sure that I was going to drag the team down do to lack of knowledge, but it turns out that I had the right knowledge for the people I was playing with and against.
    One of these days, I should probably figure out a decent signature.

I want to play Zarya this good. I haven't watched this video entirely (it is very long), but only the first match. Apparently the Zarya player was so good that some pro's accused her of cheating. Eventually blizz did investigate it and nope... she was not cheating. There is even a separate camera showing the player playing.

Dunno where the original stuff came from. Found this on another forum, but no source. Quote anyway.

A 17-year-old Korean gamer who goes by the handle Geguri is so damn good at playing Zarya in Overwatch (with a 6.31 K/D and 80% win rate) that, following a dominant performance at the Nexus Cup, she was accused by her opponents of cheating. In fact, two of them, according to this post on Reddit, were so convinced she was hacking that they vowed to quit esports if she could prove that she wasn't. So she proved it.

Blizzard officially cleared her of any wrongdoing a few days after the tournament ended, but that apparently wasn't sufficient to really make the point. To ensure there were no lingering doubts, she took to the stage and put on an hour-long showcase of her talent for all the world to see. I don't speak Korean so I have no idea what anyone's talking about, but the Reader's Digest version appears to be that she kicks ass until someone says no mas.

Interestingly, despite the quality of her performance, she said she could have done even better but she's been under a lot of stress over the past few days because of the accusations. She also wore a mask during her appearance on the stream to hide her identity, which all by itself is a tremendously sad comment on the state of videogaming.

As for the two pros—ELTA and Strobe, from Dizziness—who said they'd quit if she wasn't cheating, they were apparently true to their word, and have left the team. That post says Strobe made a death threat first, though, so he gets no credit for following through. Don't let the door hit you on the way out, buddy

The only way to fix this is to give the leaver a loss. The fact that one can leave a game to 'preserve their win loss record' just means win loss record doesn't mean anything just like if a batter could pay after every game to have all strikes and balls removed from their batting average.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2016-06-22 at 06:41 PM.

I was at like, rank 950 with Tracer by score per minute, but the moment I hit 3 hours played with her it shot up to like 5,900, so I'd take it with a grain of salt.

I had an entire enemy team leave when we had like 6 minutes left because we were basically uncontested right up to the last point on a Payload stage.

Just make entering a game in progress not count as a loss at all, if it does right now. I do agree the leaver penalty should be reconsidered though.