Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Report it? I usually leave games after the victory/defeat comes up. Never gotten a leaver penalty for that
    How many games in a row? I played for about four hours there and it started to bitch about leaving. Perhaps there's like a variable "leaver number" you get depending on at which point of the game you leave, and leaving before the useless PotG and card shit gives you a small penalty which then racks up eventually.

Either way the whole leaver penalty system is asinine. All it does is promote fucking around in a game you'd want to leave but can't because of it.

She should be in the defense category based on her toolkit.
    lol, you want her in the same category as Reinhardt, DVa, Zarya, and Roadhog?!?!?! Yea, that makes way more sense!

in my opinion, this is one of those games where Classes don't mean a damn thing to me.....if you need a healer, a dps, a tank, n whoever else. thats what you need. I dont give a damn what the game "classifies" them under. Assault work great on Defense, and Defense work great on offense.....so what's the point of classifying them, except to try and make it more organized for the masses?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Her toolkit of a Teleport, Shields, and Slowing-Turrets? How are those not support?
    Exactly --- she's a support role, she hides behind her team throwing shields and filling buildings with turrets until she can hide a Teleporter nearby lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McLovenIt View Post
    lol, you want her in the same category as Reinhardt, DVa, Zarya, and Roadhog?!?!?! Yea, that makes way more sense!

in my opinion, this is one of those games where Classes don't mean a damn thing to me.....if you need a healer, a dps, a tank, n whoever else. thats what you need. I dont give a damn what the game "classifies" them under. Assault work great on Defense, and Defense work great on offense.....so what's the point of classifying them, except to try and make it more organized for the masses?

Exactly --- she's a support role, she hides behind her team throwing shields and filling buildings with turrets until she can hide a Teleporter nearby lol
    The tanks aren't in the defense category...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    How many games in a row? I played for about four hours there and it started to bitch about leaving. Perhaps there's like a variable "leaver number" you get depending on at which point of the game you leave, and leaving before the useless PotG and card shit gives you a small penalty which then racks up eventually.

Either way the whole leaver penalty system is asinine. All it does is promote fucking around in a game you'd want to leave but can't because of it.
    Hmmm, probably about five or six games in sequence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

How many games before you get a leaver penalty? I can't count with my fingers on how many games I left because my team was so bad that they were getting spawn camped.

Deleted
    Hmmm, probably about five or six games in sequence.
    Yeah I did do quite a few more than that, so I'm gonna go ahead and say that leaving before the PotG screen grows that leaver number. Dumbass system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    How many games before you get a leaver penalty? I can't count with my fingers on how many games I left because my team was so bad that they were getting spawn camped.
    Think it's like four in a short amount of time. I've gotten it a few times shortly after launch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    Supposedly the leaver shit gets evened out if you stay in the games through the whole thing, so if you leave, stay, leave, stay, it shouldn't start giving you a penalty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Yeah I did do quite a few more than that, so I'm gonna go ahead and say that leaving before the PotG screen grows that leaver number. Dumbass system.
    Hrm. I must have stayed for some that I'm not remembering

[QUOTE=WskyDK;41116014]The tanks aren't in the defense category...

ok yea I'm dumb, I just tend to group defense/tanks together in my head.....but still, can't see her being in the "defense" -- even though I guess she could be labeled a "builder" since that's pretty much all she does......she's like a wimpy Torbjorn almost. They probably threw her into Support because that is what she does. Her turrets Defend, but her teleport supports the team and so do her shields (sorta).

Quote Originally Posted by Snackpack View Post
    I agree she would fit better under defense than support, but how does changing the text under her name affect gameplay/balance issues?
    Like I said (does no one read?) as she is now, she'd fit better under defense than support. If she were to remain as a support, her supportive abilities should get buff that makes them more substanisal. As a support though, she's relatively underpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelendria View Post
    There's this thing called a microphone. When you play in a team it works wonders for communicating. "Oh BTW my turrets down the left flank just died; someone/all of them are flanking". Sorry if you play solo
    Oh look, it's the "I'm going to be snarky, without actually thinking past my own snark to see if it works."

There's this option called "Team voice chat". Most people have if off. Including myself. Now, what's the point of using the mic if unknown # of people even have it on? How is that good hero design, where there's a decent chance the utility of an ability is already thwarted? Will your next snarky retort be, "Well just tell everyone to turn it on then!"

Really don't care about arguing how strong or weak it is, just simply that it is a support ability.
    If you don't feel like conceding the point that it is weak, you're free to simply move on instead of making up a weak response like that.

No it's not her only support ability
    It is the only one that carries weight. I know I know, You can't argue weak or strong, because that would mean you'd have to concede a point. I understand how things work here.

Again I really don't care about discussing how strong or weak she is, I'm disagreeing with what class you put her in.
    You're disagreeing because I'm calling her relative skill set as a support weak. You refuse to argue that (because you can't), so you're just side stepping the argument. It makes you look like Symmetra's shield strength...

...which is weak.

All 3 of her abilities are support ones.
    Except for her turrets, which have to be placed far ahead of time, just like torb. Even then, he only needs to worry about getting up 1 turret - Symmetra has to stack 4+ before they are any threat, assuming they don't die to indirect fire or collateral damage because of a stray rocket/grenade/ricochet arrow.

Torb's armour is better than hers 1v1. Except Torb:
    1. Needs to kill and/or retrieve scrap. When you're defending on the backfoot there is NO scrap to get without ending your own life.
    2. Can't spam it
    3. Has to be picked up
    1.WRONG. Torb doesn't need to kill anyone for scrap to spawn. I've changed to Torb many times with scrap already spawned, ready to be picked up. If ALL you're doing is hugging your turret, even when the turret isn't taking damage/the enemy isn't close to your turret, then you're playing poorly.
    2. Except you can't spam shields either. It doesn't cost anything for Symmetra to put them on, but once they're on, that's it. You can't add additional shields or replenish existing shields.
    3. Ok... and? That's hardly a big detriment. If you're being that constantly pushed back where you can't pick up scrap, that also means you can't be placing turrets (either as Torb/Sym) to any substantial effect, and therefore, probably shouldn't be playing either of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Those shields aren't useless, for most Heroes it's over 10% more health, and often the difference between being 1 shot and getting away. Her ultimate is not by any stretch 'questionable' on defence of Point A or Checkpoints 1 and 2.
    I've never been one shot (no-ults) with the exception of getting hit by the obvious heroes (Snipers/Roadhog), but if you're at 25 health when you're left over, chances you're going to die, if not by the person that brought you that low, it will be his teammate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monstercloud View Post
    I've never been one shot (no-ults) with the exception of getting hit by the obvious heroes (Snipers/Roadhog), but if you're at 25 health when you're left over, chances you're going to die, if not by the person that brought you that low, it will be his teammate.
    Ah the usual dismissiveness. 10%, or more, health is always decent amount and for getting sniped, that is important, because that happens often when leaving cover, meaning you can very easily get back in to cover and find a health box.

It's also the difference between sucking air and winning in a 50-50 and being the one to get killed. And across 4 of your team on the objective, it's another half player the other team need to fight through.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    It's funny how Monster responded to my questions about elaborating on "imbalance" with some tripe about how he's not obligated to explain.

But ask him about Symmetra being "support" and by golly does he have a book for you to read suddenly.
    And Symmetra is nowhere near underpowered, unless the game suddenly forces you to only pick one support role. You run her with another support.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    And Symmetra is nowhere near underpowered, unless the game suddenly forces you to only pick one support role. You run her with another support.
    This.
    If you're running a no-tank defense, then Symm and Lucio or Symm and Mercy is pretty ridiculous (Though I'm partial to sym/luc)

Deleted
    The "map tips" or whatever they are, besides being partially pretty much pointless (you don't need to have a sniper or a builder and you can have two of those, even three builders and still win, and so on), should separate "support" with "healer", and at least say "no healer" when Symmetra is picked.

I mean, obviously people should know that by now, but some people are happy just going by those dumbass tips and not thinking for themselves.

Symmetra is not underpowered, she's just niche, it's okay to have niche heroes.
    Last edited by MrTharne; 2016-06-28 at 07:27 PM.

Deleted
    I am just hating Mei so, so much...

The issue with Symmetra is that some people will assume the support role is filled because you picked her.

Having a healer is 100% mandatory in this game so she's incredibly risky to pick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    The issue with Symmetra is that some people will assume the support role is filled because you picked her.

Having a healer is 100% mandatory in this game so she's incredibly risky to pick.
    Not 100% mandatory. I've won without one. It just makes things a LOT easier

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Not 100% mandatory. I've won without one. It just makes things a LOT easier
    In a game with skilled players it's absolutely required.

The 'meta' right now is running two healers, infact I'm usually ecstatic when pugs understand you should have a Mercy/Lucio in nearly all situations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    In a game with skilled players it's absolutely required.

The 'meta' right now is running two healers, infact I'm usually ecstatic when pugs understand you should have a Mercy/Lucio in nearly all situations.
    Oh yeah, if the enemy plays at near-pro levels you absolutely need 2. In random pug games you can make do with 1. Sometimes, just sometimes, you can make do with 0, even in a full premade.