7+ Year Old Account
    i went into a competitive match and we completely eradicated the enemy team.
    and im not even kidding, they all ragequit XD
    after that we all grouped up and queued up for a couple of rounds.
    won 6/7 matches, i discovered that i freaking love mei and went back from rank 2287 to 2497.
    that was fun, extremely fun.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Ranked 2300 after placement, the people I have to play with seem to be worse than the AI bots... What's going on? How can we be at the same ratings?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I had an interesting day... got added into a group and they ended up friending me. I am still stuck in the 2750-2800 range

As for the weirdest game... the entire enemy team quit except for this one Hanzo, soooooo we just all hung out with him and we emoted for 2 minutes. Right before I left the match we agreed to invite him to our group and he did. After that I logged out.

We were also in a game before that where everyone else was complaining we had a Hanzo on our team. (he was a random, not one of us) and I said nah, he is gonna use ryu waga go fuck your self and be clutch AF..... and he was.... fucking clutch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelendria View Post
    That is about as close to the polar opposite of my experience in ranked as you can get.
    In EU nobody will ever dare speak in the voice com. Everyone wants to just play hanzo solo and go on an adventure trying to get kills but ends up just dying...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by filo155 View Post
    In EU nobody will ever dare speak in the voice com. Everyone wants to just play hanzo solo and go on an adventure trying to get kills but ends up just dying...
    It hurts even more when you are me... as Lucio.... its time to feel it down!.....

7+ Year Old Account
    you sure you selected the right region?
    in every single one of my games there's at least 1 guy who always speaks in the voice channel.

Formerly known as Arafal

Are you basing it on QM where nobody cares?
    I'm EU, and almost everyone of my games these days has lots of people talking

Deleted
    Well ranked for me is pretty cancerous at the moment, I play with two other friends of mine, and we always lose, and we don't know why, we always pick what the team needs and whatnot but still, we always get stomped.

At the point of being half the team there has to be some issues in the games with what you 3 are doing as much as the team mates.

As a trio, you shouldn't really wait out the pick. You should play a 3 man strong setup from the start. Ana, Rein, Zarya is one such example.

I'm playing predominantly solo queue since the people I play with have gone back to wow. Despite an initial losing streak where I lost over 200 points, I've now climbed back to initial starting rank ~2700.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelendria View Post
    At the point of being half the team there has to be some issues in the games with what you 3 are doing as much as the team mates.

As a trio, you shouldn't really wait out the pick. You should play a 3 man strong setup from the start. Ana, Rein, Zarya is one such example.
    I usually solo queue, and whenever I run into groups, I try and let them pick first, in case they've got a system that works for them as a team. If they're a pro double-tank-and-a-healer threesome, I don't want to instalock a third tank and screw that up, when I can play a second support or a DPS.

So since when is Mei a ''semi-tank'' and not a dps?

I was called bad when the Mei player kept talking about how we needed a 2e healer/tank and I suggested that Mei doesn't fit either roles so he/she could change

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    So since when is Mei a ''semi-tank'' and not a dps?
    She's a defense hero, not an offense. People really need to break out of the "tank/healer/DPS" triumvirate. If you're tanking in Overwatch and NOT contributing DPS, you're not helping. This isn't an MMO, there are more roles than those three.

She's "semi-tanky" because tanks in Overwatch are largely about area denial and survivability. Mei's ice wall is better area denial than Reinhardt's shield; it not only blocks damage, it blocks bodies and LoS. She has survivability in her ice block, which grants both immunity and a relatively big self-heal. She's much closer to a tank, if you want to break it down, than she is to a "DPS", like Reaper.

She's no replacement for a "real" tank as the sole tank of the party, but she can offset the lack of a 2nd tank in many cases.

I was called bad when the Mei player kept talking about how we needed a 2e healer/tank and I suggested that Mei doesn't fit either roles so he/she could change
    If you've got no healers and only one tank, Mei's basically right. You need a healer way more than you need a 4th offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    She's a defense hero, not an offense. People really need to break out of the "tank/healer/DPS" triumvirate. If you're tanking in Overwatch and NOT contributing DPS, you're not helping. This isn't an MMO, there are more roles than those three.

She's "semi-tanky" because tanks in Overwatch are largely about area denial and survivability. Mei's ice wall is better area denial than Reinhardt's shield; it not only blocks damage, it blocks bodies and LoS. She has survivability in her ice block, which grants both immunity and a relatively big self-heal. She's much closer to a tank, if you want to break it down, than she is to a "DPS", like Reaper.

She's no replacement for a "real" tank as the sole tank of the party, but she can offset the lack of a 2nd tank in many cases.

If you've got no healers and only one tank, Mei's basically right. You need a healer way more than you need a 4th offense.
    No tanks in overwatch are about staying in the front lines and allowing your team to kill stuff before they the other team gets close. Their is nothing semi tankish of Mei that allows her to stand in front of 2 or 3 people.

Also how is Mei right? If you don't need a 4th offensive player then instead of complaining Mei should just switch. Just because Blizzard classifies them as offensive and defensive as different doesn't change that both roles involve killing the opposite team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    No tanks in overwatch are about staying in the front lines and allowing your team to kill stuff before they the other team gets close. Their is nothing semi tankish of Mei that allows her to stand in front of 2 or 3 people.

Also how is Mei right? If you don't need a 4th offensive player then instead of complaining Mei should just switch. Just because Blizzard classifies them as offensive and defensive as different doesn't change that both roles involve killing the opposite team.
    Everyone but Mercy is about killing the opposite team to one degree or other. Even Mercy when there's no healing to be done is about helping your best at killing the enemy team kill harder.

Tanking doesn't mean Reinhardt right click.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Everyone but Mercy is about killing the opposite team to one degree or other. Even Mercy when there's no healing to be done is about helping your best at killing the enemy team kill harder.

Tanking doesn't mean Reinhardt right click.
    But tanking doesn't mean being able to put a icewall either.

To keep it simple though main job is to act like the vanguard, pushing for the objective so to give the other characters better chance to kill.

Call it what you want but terms of main purpose the role of a defensive and offensive hero's are the same, call it area denial or any other term but it falls down the same.
    Last edited by ati87; 2016-09-26 at 09:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting better tactically as Mei, when I'm not lagging and dying. Yay, she's my number three in time played.

Deleted
    I climbed another ~150 and I'm getting closer to that sweet 3500 (@ 3252 currently). I wish I had even more time to play the game, I'm only doing like ~4-6 matches in 2 weeks or something. WoW is killing all my free time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    you sure you selected the right region?
    in every single one of my games there's at least 1 guy who always speaks in the voice channel.
    From my own experience having played both on the US and EU servers because of having friends in different regions, EU voice communication is very, very low compared to in the US. I hear the majority of the team talking in the voice chat at a more regular basis while playing with my American friend, especially on the ladder.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2016-09-26 at 11:45 AM.

Hit diamond 3rd time lucky. See if I can push towards master now