Quote Originally Posted by Tryuk View Post
    Level 13 I think, raging quite a bit more than I did in open beta---but raging for me is just a quick out burst at my PC rather than telling people they suck or some shit like that.

Always annoying when the team doesn't follow the Reinhardt and the speed boosting Lucio (me) onto the point, instead trying and failing to blow up some poor Torb's turret that wouldn't even be able to shoot us on point.
    lol sounds like me, I had a team earlier trying to kill this bastion which couldn't hit us on the point, all you had to do was run past and cap. Annoyed the hell out of me.

level 11 i think, having fun playing so far!

10+ Year Old Account
    I only hate the Matchmaking and 20 freaking tick...
    And other players that either troll or are just bad at the game, sure it is new but that 5/6 pick a offensive hero or something stupid.

Deleted
    I'm level 26 but already ready to quit this game. The lag compensation/whatever is just ludicrous. Getting pulled through 2 walls, or on my screen throwing Pulse Bomb yet it never went off in the kill cam, or head shotting someone and dying and never actually having shot, and the thing that happens all the time, blinking before McCree throws flashbang and then still getting glitched back to original position and stunned, and kill cam showing that I never blinked at all.

Seriously, the thing that's most infuriating is that the game was fine (decent) on beta, but they clearly changed something when it went live. A game can't be competitive if what you see on your screen doesn't actually happen, and I'm not talking about some 0.0001 second issues, but actually throwing Pulse Bomb, seeing that its flying to the target player and going to hit, then dying and kill cam showing you never threw it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhnlcbJaebY <--- For those who don't know what I'm talking about.

I got a 300mbit cable and 40ms to the server for those that are wondering.

Explanation what happens in Overwatch all the time from a guy:

"Educated guess as to what happened: Server uses tick/gamestate based input(i.e. you send an attack that hits on tick 123) -> people who have higher pings wouldn't get sent game updates as soon as somebody with a lower ping (they send attack that hits on 119) -> server rolls back the gamestate to the tick a player fires on (higher ping = less up to date gamestate/tick = gamestate rolled back further than you had already shot on) -> higher ping player wins the shootout."

So if two McCrees walk into each other, and both react the same time and throw flash bangs, the guy with worse ping will get his off and will kill the low ping player. In fact, the compensation is so absurd, that the higher ping player can react slower, and still he will get his flash bang off.
    Last edited by mmoc92c203c636; 2016-05-25 at 10:58 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    I only hate the Matchmaking and 20 freaking tick...
    And other players that either troll or are just bad at the game, sure it is new but that 5/6 pick a offensive hero or something stupid.
    what does 20tick mean?

I'm frustrated at this title. I like it. I truly do, but i feel like I'm in matches where one team dominates and the other is just 6 punching bags. Rarely did I have a back and forth match. Heck, most of my deaths are from getting 1 hit by an ult, or getting domed by a (good) Widow.

Outside of playing with a team, I cannot see playing solo as a viable option. Randoms do not listen to anyone, even call outs, heck they play their character and not what the team needs. I was in a match on Temple of Anubis on defense and my team had 3 Tracers. On defense. I feel forced to play tank or support, because the team needs it, and it's the only slight chance i'd have of winning.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    what does 20tick mean?
    Simply put, the game doesn't update your actions as often as other online FPS'. So on your screen you might have been behind a wall and out of harms way, but on their system you were still in the open and able to be shot. The game splits the difference and kills you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HAcoreRD View Post
    Outside of playing with a team, I cannot see playing solo as a viable option. Randoms do not listen to anyone, even call outs, heck they play their character and not what the team needs. I was in a match on Temple of Anubis on defense and my team had 3 Tracers. On defense. I feel forced to play tank or support, because the team needs it, and it's the only slight chance i'd have of winning.
    I pretty much have to play alone most of the time. I have a few friends who play who I do some matches with sometimes, but most of the time it's just me and pugs. I usually leave when no one on my team will bother taking a support and I'm not in the mood to do it myself. It says there's a penalty but I haven't seen what it is yet.

The worst for me is when someone starts the match as a support and so you think you have a support and then halfway through you start losing badly and wonder why, check, and realize they switched at some point and didn't bother telling anyone. It's not like everyone can pay attention to who is switching to and from what while they're in the thick of combat.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    The worst for me is when someone starts the match as a support and so you think you have a support and then halfway through you start losing badly and wonder why, check, and realize they switched at some point and didn't bother telling anyone. It's not like everyone can pay attention to who is switching to and from what while they're in the thick of combat.
    That's because you missed the part where Reaper/Tracer killed them three times in a row while rest of the team charged ahead. Or there was Widowmaker parked on a roof and no one noticed her picking off healers. Several times from the same place. At that point, it's pretty much "screw it, I'm not healing anything by getting insta-killed, might as well switch". Sure, once in a while you get terrible flankers who die to Mercy's pistol, but usually it's one sided slaughter that only highlights how helpless you are.

And of course, this is followed by "we need support". Good for you - too bad I'm dead again. Go ask Roadhog for his healing juice, maybe he'll share.

Deleted
    reindharts that whilst protecting your team with his shield, just decide to randomly charge off into the enemy team who is is spread out, leaving your entire team vulnerable, and the healer out of range of rein. seeing this way too much. its good if they manage to get a charge off and it hits someone, then they ult a few other enemies, but most of the time the charge hits nothing and ult isn't even up

10+ Year Old Account
    Trying to get better with McCree. I'm not that great with him. My aim sucks I believe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Level 12 at the moment. As for the roles, I'm usually the tank, which is Reinhardt and my damage guys would be Hanzo/Reaper. If I play healer its Mercy.

poor support for the support, or people have troll heroes so the healer says f it.

Posting here - am i the only one that when is in a group every 2 or 3 games is no more able to join? I mean, we find a game, we all join, i get kicked to main menu while others are all at the hero selection screen.

I think it's my provider, as connection is stable and i'm not lagging or similar, and i don't have any problem surfing the internet or playing other games (even at the same time lol - even Blizzard games).

I don't really know what's causing it. It's mostly random, though usually if i restart the game it fixes.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Simply put, the game doesn't update your actions as often as other online FPS'. So on your screen you might have been behind a wall and out of harms way, but on their system you were still in the open and able to be shot. The game splits the difference and kills you
    First night was a nightmare for me regarding the netcode. But funny enough, I played again a second night, and the game was SMOOTH! I don't know if they changed it, or I simply had lag last night due to first day, but tonight was really good, and I didn't feel like it was anything close to 20. It felt about as responsive as CSGO MM.

So far I enjoy the game, first night wasn't rly fun due to lag. But tonight, I had a blast, I was called a cheater twice due to quick precision shots with either widowmaker or mccree.

I've been playing Zenyatta (lvl 6) for a while now. I really like him, but he really needs a HP buff. 150 HP is peanuts and waaay too squishy.

Community is about as expected, significantly more toxic then even lol.

My advice: 6 man premade or don't.

Match-making sucks, just like in any other blizztard game. 3 times in row I joined game 10 sec before lose. Next match - got team with lvl 3-5 guys, enemy team - everyone 20+; we lost in less than 2 minutes. I remember old HotS matchmaking, team of 5 squishy casters vs tank+healer+old nova+old zera+random assasin

I can live with shitty matchmaking, but I got really angry when people randomly fighting across map without capturing/doing objectives. I think blizzard should really introduce whole screen banner with words "DO YOUR FUCKING OBJECTIVE" before every match.

I would really love to know three things.

Is it possible to set it so that you don't enter into a game that someone left?
    Is there a way to turn off the ridiculous "tips" every time you die?
    Is there a way to make it so that you don't end up grouped with/playing against someone again if they are toxic?
    You can go to "recently played" tab in the social window and right click peoples names to select "avoid this player" or "prefer this player"

Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    Community is about as expected, significantly more toxic then even lol.

My advice: 6 man premade or don't.
    I love people who are talking about toxic community, but completely forget about trolls that make us "toxic".
    I've had a cool game with 4 Genjis in my team, who had zero capture points, they were randomly fighting across map. We lost with 0-100%

No, I'm not bashing people in chat. I'm just really annoyed of this trolls. Maybe I'm super unlucky to get them too often in my team.