10+ Year Old Account
    My team basically called it until next season. We are all diamond, so its cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    What do you play? It took more then a few matches to remember that soldier hurts now. I am on D.va or winston a lot lately.
    D.va, Mei, Roadhog, some Soldier, Zenyatta, mostly. Wanna try some Torbjorn, but rarely an opportunity to test out the changes (I got one game played with him since the patch and I noticed a lot more armor packs being created. However, the turret is still way too hard to set up beyond the first time.) I really don't like playing as Winston. But unless you're playing one of those sneaky types, you're always going to feel like anybody could be anywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Feeling like the changes to S76 and Pharah have made Widow even harder to use, and obviously less useful. She needs to bring a lot more to the table than killing people one by one from range. Half the roster can do that and a lot more besides.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    one game played with him since the patch and I noticed a lot more armor packs being created. However, the turret is still way too hard to set up beyond the first time.)
    People can say what they want, but I always thought that the best way to use tjorb is on payload offense, and capture point defense.
    He is rarely getting picked, but he's somehow such a nice pick when your healers get flanked constantly and no one is watching out for them.
    Last time I saw him played, we won because of that turret on the payload. Genji couldn't do his shit anymore because as long as they don't leave it unguarded, it's such a nice DPS increase.

It doesn't work well on Defense Payload because the team fights at different chokepoints throughout the whole game, you don't have a unchanging front line, like on Hanamura for example, which is basically "Hold the Gate" and then "Hold the highground in the Dojo"

I'm always second guessing Tjorb players but when the guy gets him to work, he's so good and so supportive. His DPS is good, he melts shields, his armor packs are *strong*. It's just that so many people struggle with proper turret management.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-11-20 at 01:07 PM.

coming from ps4 to pc on the free weekend im just smashing the low lvl people, but right at game 5 i get a 5 premade on both sides and my team starts cursing at me to pick a healer when i picked second and their last 2 guys (both lvl 5) picked tracer and sombra... sometimes i miss chat while playing on console but then i remember pc people also have to deal with idiots on their chat...
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Feeling like the changes to S76 and Pharah have made Widow even harder to use, and obviously less useful. She needs to bring a lot more to the table than killing people one by one from range. Half the roster can do that and a lot more besides.
    Isn't pharahs buff basically "buffing" widow because pharah sees more play and Widow counters her just like before?
    Soldier doesn't affect Widowmaker either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Isn't pharahs buff basically "buffing" widow because pharah sees more play and Widow counters her just like before?
    Soldier doesn't affect Widowmaker either.
    They're both strong replacements and it's basically down to who sees who first, but neither Pharah nor Soldier need to scope in, charge up, and remain 100% mobile while fighting so unless Widow lands the headshot first time, she won't win.

Deleted
    Well, you aren't fighting Pharah or Soldier in melee range and you can sidestep pharah from range and Soldier won't even really hit you because your hitbox is extremely small.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-11-20 at 04:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    D.va, Mei, Roadhog, some Soldier, Zenyatta, mostly. Wanna try some Torbjorn, but rarely an opportunity to test out the changes (I got one game played with him since the patch and I noticed a lot more armor packs being created. However, the turret is still way too hard to set up beyond the first time.) I really don't like playing as Winston. But unless you're playing one of those sneaky types, you're always going to feel like anybody could be anywhere.

I tried out Torb since the buff, hes pretty solid now. Def not competitive as far as I know, but can easily do gold elims/dmg/objective kills in quick play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, you aren't father Pharah or Soldier in melee range and you can sidestep pharah from range and Soldier won't even really hit you because your hitbox is extremely small.
    Yeah imaginary long ranges. The twists and turns and indoor nature of most of the maps, including Eichenwald (lol great for Widow) mean you get only a few brief stages which you can exploit on a handful of them. Most of the time, you're middling ranges. Soldier is accurate and his rockets have a decent splash, and you're not at 100% move speed to properly sidestep anything. And when you are sidestepping, they keep on shooting while you rescope recharge and inevitably sidestep again, so it's very hard to return against them.

So, not only do you have a harder time as Widow, you have those two and McCree who can do your job, do it better, and bring useful other kit to the table. And push a Payload/Objective. Even if you wreck everyone with headshots and jump on to the objective, you can't hold it when closer-range heroes come back in because the Mine and SMG are a sack of shit.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2016-11-20 at 04:05 PM.

Deleted
    As far as I know, you are there mostly for picking off 1-2 people so your group can push a point as widow. I wouldn't play her 24/7 either.

Opening frags -> get point -> enemy team is distracted fighting your team/stopping them from capping -> you have free reign for the next 30 seconds to pick them off one by one.
    She works pretty well on Eichenwald until you get to the castle, I have a friend who plays Hanzo+Widow alot and on attack, the first thing that happened was him going upstairs - 2 headshots = free point A.

Enemy team had cookie cutter reinhardt/ana etc..
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-11-20 at 04:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, you can do that on Soldier, McCree, Pharah or Hanzo without losing ult charge (and indeed markedly better ult for that matter).
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2016-11-20 at 11:32 PM.

I like the Zarya changes. The nerf is understandable now that her weapon does constant damage on contact instead of pulses with prolonged contact

I think it's silly that you assume people use their ults at the worst time possible.

Even if Zarya's only gets 3, it's a team wipe, same with Soldiers etc. etc. You can't win a 3v5 or 3v6.
    Same with Reins, same with Genji's.
    Good/higher MMR ults get speedboostet and synced. Overwatch is all about ult vs ult, who gets his ulter faster and who counters which ult. You can't just play around them and be like "oh they have ult, so we are not allowed to move together anymore" - you had to bait them out because they are *that* dangerous and if you play spread out in fear of Zarya and Rein for most of the game, what chances do you have to get the point/payload as attackers.
    Half of current's and old meta ults are support and CC, the other ults (offensive ones) are always used together with them, unless you can be sure to get some kills or to counter an ult that would otherwise rip you apart.

Saying that ults don't work on experienced players is just weird...it isn't reflected in the game at all.
    I was talking to someone who hadn't played the game much, in which ults wipe teams everytime they are pulled out. In experienced matches ults play less of an important than to noobs. Players know how to mitigate the damage to their team. I see a Zarya I don't stand nuts to butts with my team, I hang back so I can not get sucked in. I see a soldier I stick around terrain so I can hide. If soldier pops at the final payload point I use the payload to hide from him. Ults can wipe a team at high end and decide games but not quite as much as they do to players who haven't much experience.

Got my Genji skin, playing OW for the first time since the new patch.

- - - Updated - - -

Holy crap, this 3v3 mode is a ton of fun!

I'm having lots of fun playing as JunkRat. Glad I gave the game another chance after I hadn't played since the end of beta.

I'm curious as to why they simply couldn't throw Symmetra a random buff this patch. Everyone seems to agree she's F tier and a sucky pick. Blizzard is thinking of a way to rework her, but why not just add something like 25+ health or increase in damage in the meantime to hold players over while they wait?

Pretty much stopped playing after they introduced 1 hero limit, the arcade mode isnt appealing and im not interested in OW anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Pretty much stopped playing after they introduced 1 hero limit, the arcade mode isnt appealing and im not interested in OW anymore.
    but the arcade mode has the old quick match rule set within it...

oh and on Symmetra. I've wondered why her shield effect was so low. 25 effective hp? That's almost nothing with hoe damage is tossed around.

Still want to see a nasty sombra abuse her translocator with Symmetra's Teleporter though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Holy crap, this 3v3 mode is a ton of fun!
    My friends and I came to the same conclusion. It's ridiculously fun
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.