Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's interesting how talents seem to be influencing the gameplay a lot more in Legion than before (at least that's the feeling I get now)
    I thought that arms was meh at first, but after tinkering with the talents for a bit, I really like it now.

I'm glad for that since I main an arms warrior since wptlk.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: didn't notice it's Warrior section:P

7+ Year Old Account
    Protection. I may not agree with the changes to rage, the removal of heroic strike. But I have played prot since bc, no sense in stopping now.

Im very much disappointed in arms currently. Blizzard totally missed the mark. When I fantasize arms I imagine a totally different concept. "A warrior of the battlefield who weilds a massive weapon used to crush his foes. With their mighty weapon they counter enemy offenses and dont get globaled in pvp combat." But nah Blizzard fantasy was, "big weapon, swing hard, big number, uggaugga."

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have settled into Prot/Fury as my beta main. Prot's rage intake deifinitely needs tuning though. It is unmitigated bullshit that any spec should have less resources at its disposal as it gears up. Its till fun to play though. The only tank that actually focuses on not taking damage rather than healing damage back up.

Fury is still Fury. If you like it now, youll like it in Legion. Swing swords while getting so angry that you catch on fire.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2016-06-13 at 04:27 PM.

FURY RAWR MASH BUTTONS

..Prot Os

Deleted
    So hard to choose. I love Arms, I love the 1 big 2h theme with powerful hits. That 1 big 2h looks much better, with the 2 2handers I feel it's over the top and they look like some kind of wannabe-transformers-wings - but I'm not overly enthusiastic on the arms artifact appearance i think the fury ones looks better in general.

For some reason I'm ok with CS window but hate that enrage crap also. But on the other hand I also find fury more handy to do other things with such as old content and questing etc.
    I might be wrong as I don't have the beta but I also have the idea that fury seems to be more handy for dungeons than Arms. Not a big problem over all I guess but with the changes to M dungeons I reckon I'll spend some time on it so it would be good to be optimizing a bit I guess.. was hoping some of our trusted beta warriors could give some feedback on this point.

I'm so torn at the moment I almost consider re rolling something else just so I don't have to decide!!!
    Last edited by mmoc787080b69b; 2016-06-14 at 03:55 PM.

I'm gonna have to prot because my guild needs it and whatever state it's in I'll still be needed. I just hope I don't have to suffer through months of predictable stupidity.

Offspec gladiator is gone (sigh) so for my fun-time I will probably go arms. I have never adapted well to fury, so whatever state arms is in, I'll play with it.

I want to play arms but from what I've been reading on here it sounds like I'll have to play fury.

To help with the decision it's important to look at each encounter in the the first tier (2 raids). The Emerald Nightmare will be the first raid to unlock with The Nighthold being released at least 2-3+ months later. Depending on how each spec performs in different situations (hopefully they end up being close in any) could potentially make the decision easier. The first raid will probably be the most important since you will have at least 3+ months to get your "off spec" artifact traits unlocked.

Please keep in mind this is based from what I've seen in videos and taken from the dungeon journal.

The Emerald Nightmare

Nythendra - single target
    Elerethe Renferal - single target + aoe phases
    Ll'gynoth, Heart of Curruption - cleave/aoe phase + single target phase
    Ursoc - single target
    Dragons of Nightmare - mix of single target/cleave/aoe
    Cenarius - cleave
    Xavius - single target + swap to adds with last phase cleave/aoe/single target phase (continuous spawning adds burn phase)

The Nighthold

Skorpyron - constant aoe
    Chronomatic Anomaly - cleave/aoe split phases
    Trilliax - single target
    Spellblade Aluriel - cleave/aoe
    Tichondrius - mix of single target/aoe/cleave phases
    Krosus - single target with aoe phases
    High Botanist - cleave
    Star Augur Etraeus - single target with aoe/cleave near end of fight
    Grand Magistrix Elisande - single target / cleave
    Gul'dan - ?? dungeon journal mentions adds so possible a mix of single target/cleave/aoe

Played beta. I actually really enjoy Arms, think it's decent. But if Fury is doing more dmg then it most likely will be Fury :s

Nothing against Fury but I actually enjoy the slow pace of Arms.

15+ Year Old Account
    Arms and prot. Prot glad still lives within prot, abilities baked into it pve and PvP talents sans shield charge. I'm fine without the glad icon.

Fury or prot. I hate arms and it's big hit theme.

Deleted
    I'm torn. Arms seems more pleasant to raid with but I'm having more fun in 5mans and solo with Fury. Sure would be nice if the damn artifact didn't lock you into a spec the way it does.

Fury!!! Tons of fun.

Deleted
    Fury is a ton of fun, but so is arms. Very different specs to play, while imo fury are the most straight forward spec, where you gain rage from almost every single button, and only have rampage to use it all on. To me it has become to easy to perform great as fury. But there is also something fun about fury as well.

On the other side we got arms- much more rng oriented with low rage, so you always starve and working on what ability you *hope* will proc your tactician (0.65% pr rage spend). Playing arms is much more gambling with your performance, and there is much more random about it so far.
    But there is also something magical about getting those CS streaks and huge bursts.
    Arms is "hope for procs and think about your ability cost" , where fury is "press the right buttons untill you can rampage"

Both fun specs but very different from each other.

Also fury got more survivability but have a harder time against burst damage, while arms works really great against short burst income. But overall fury are far better for solo content - about group content it comes down to damage, which are still being tuned.

Btw.. Unless they make a crazy Last min Nerf to arms, that will be my choice. Even if it perform slightly worse than fury it will be my pick for main spec

10+ Year Old Account
    Without a doubt I'll be playing Fury. It has incredible ST potential, remarkable AOE DPS, and remarkable cleave damage. It isn't reliant on Bladestorm, and its AOE rotation leads to some nasty burst. The ST potential from the Fury artifact's Juggernaut node is simply mouth watering. I can't say I've been displeased at all with the class on the whole.
    #SargerasIsComingToSaveUs

Got a feeling that all my warriors will be either Fury or Prot. Loving Fury with a passion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    None at the moment. As usual blizz thinks dumbing down the game and make it easier even further is a good idea. glyphs gone, spells reduced even further to the point it's not funny anymore, stats gone etc. Just to name a few things. I played on beta and the horrible new "glaive sounds" for everything is just unbearable. My favourite class warrior seems pretty much destroyed with spells gone and bad talents. I'm seriously considering quitting this game for the first time in 10 years.

Removing all the useful perks from fury/arms warrior. def stance, shield barrier, spell reflect, die by the sword(only arms now), intercept a pvp talent. Basically they want to emphasise the fantasy part of easy spec, and their idea is that we are mindless and don't want to do anything else than mash furious slash 24/7. Consolidating for the win huh?
    If you honestly think warriors are worse off then i implore you. please quit the game. Please do. You either just want to be negative or you really dont know anything

I don't dps for pve, so I'd have to choose fury for pvp. Fury should definitely out-heal arms, but I wouldn't be surprised if arms has the least self heals of any spec in the game right now. I understand that warriors have been reliant on healers for a long time now, but with how most classes have lots of self-heals in legion, I don't think that is a viable way of going about warriors this time around. I would love to play arms, and hopefully the nerf their damage a bit so they can reason buffing their heals, because if they don't, everybody without a pocket healer and then some are gonna go fury for pvp. It's just not a smart move to go arms unless you are just trying to have fun and see big numbers. There's nothing wrong with that, but I would rather win.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickname View Post
    I want to play arms but from what I've been reading on here it sounds like I'll have to play fury.
    Arms will be fine in pve. In my opinion, probably better than fury when you start gearing more haste.

Arms is in a bad spot for pvp, the defensive outs just are not there. But after tinkering diff classes on beta the same can be said for most specs. Damage this expansion seems overtuned currently. Most dps CDs are 30, 45, 60 sec. While defensive are 3 min. Pvp is going to be rough for at least a season and may not really be playable.