Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    It'll likely garner a ~6-7.5 review average from critics and a ~7-8.5 review average from audiences.

My source? A gut feeling and the DeLorean I have parked out in my backyard. :^)
    I bet the audience average will plummet if Legion has a shaky release.

- - - Updated - - -

Wasn't Silent Hill a decent video game movie? The Resident Evil movies also had some okay moments and Postal was pretty sweet (mostly because Uwe Boll had enough self-awareness to thoroughly mock himself.)

15+ Year Old Account
    too soon to say anything imo. we have a bunch of whining morons on the other side who are locked in an orgasmic trance of shouting and crying about how shitty the movie is and how it is a 2/10. and on the other side we have fanboys and hopefuls who are giving the movie 10/10 before even watching it. and none are gonna do the movie any justice in this state.

imo the movie will be decent, not a 8.5/10 or higher and certainly not as good as LOTR. but that doesn't mean it would be a shitty 4/10 or lower either. (seriously, do you whiners even know what a 3/10 movie is?? go watch Uwe Boll movies and you'll see.)

EDIT : yay I just hit 4k post.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Wasn't Silent Hill a decent video game movie? The Resident Evil movies also had some okay moments and Postal was pretty sweet (mostly because Uwe Boll had enough self-awareness to thoroughly mock himself.)
    The first Silent Hill movie was decent at least (imo), not a huge fan of the second. Can say the same for Resident Evil, I could watch the first two no problem, I strained to watch the third and the last two were just eye strain and lots and lots of slow mo. I need to give Postal a look though, never ever took Uwe Boll seriously enough to sit all the way through one of his movies

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well, at the same time people here will tell you that all this site does is swarm with fanbois who not only love everything Warcraft blindly, but actually anything Blizzard does. So I guess some folks just see what they want to see?
    Oh yes, the "if you don't hate, you're a fanboy white knight loser!!"-crowd. No matter how many times you're critical of something in regards to the game, if you're positive about other things, you have horrible taste in games and contribute to the death of WoW!!!!!111

ಠ_ಠ

There are critics and there are normal people watching movies. The latter actually enjoy movies

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Is that due to Activision/Blizzard's plan to make movies? I remember there was a blue post somewhere.
    I think it was more to do with the fact that nobody was willing to jump on board for a game to movie story again since they generally flop hard.

I'm sure it'll be full legendary production when the box office of this movie reaches 500-750 million.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by khali View Post
    The first Silent Hill movie was decent at least (imo), not a huge fan of the second. Can say the same for Resident Evil, I could watch the first two no problem, I strained to watch the third and the last two were just eye strain and lots and lots of slow mo. I need to give Postal a look though, never ever took Uwe Boll seriously enough to sit all the way through one of his movies
    I actually like resident evil movies, but that's mainly because of Mila, she's a proper badass.

Quote Originally Posted by khali View Post
    IMDB ratings are pointless when fanboys are spamming it up and naysayers bring it back down, especially when it wasn't even out yet, case in point;

Why the fuck do they let people post stupid shit like that? "Oh I haven't seen it yet but I know its gonna be good" Unless they have psychic powers or foresight no they bloody don't. That's like me saying "Oh I've never eaten this food but I know it's gonna taste like crap because I just do". Example of a moronic review right there.

If this movie turns out to be good I'll be pleasantly surprised but I'm going in with a large dose of scepticism, I'll probably wait until DVD release unless the reviews turn out to be stellar.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Why the fuck do they let people post stupid shit like that? "Oh I haven't seen it yet but I know its gonna be good" Unless they have psychic powers or foresight no they bloody don't. That's like me saying "Oh I've never eaten this food but I know it's gonna taste like crap because I just do". Example of a moronic review right there.
    Anyone can post, but I think overall the general opinion in France is that the game rides above 8-9/10 in audiance votes AFTER full release of the movie, so this old thread confirms the newer trend of people actually viewing it all.

I am glad Warcraft players like it. That means you just got a few multi million opinion leaders...

Rather important for its commercial success.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Anyone can post, but I think overall the general opinion in France is that the game rides above 8-9/10 in audiance votes AFTER full release of the movie, so this old thread confirms the newer trend of people actually viewing it all.

I am glad Warcraft players like it. That means you just got a few multi million opinion leaders...

Rather important for its commercial success.
    I don't mind people posting their opinion AFTER seeing it. Bullshit like that I quoted is just stupid. Also naysayers are just as bad to those who haven't seen it. Only one reason I was a naysayer of it was that most video game movies in the past have not done well which I have many examples to back up my opinion with. FF movies, Doom, Ratchet and Clank, Super Mario Bros to name a few. Credit where it's due though Resident Evil did well as a movie series.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-05-25 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    If this movie turns out to be good I'll be pleasantly surprised but I'm going in with a large dose of scepticism, I'll probably wait until DVD release unless the reviews turn out to be stellar.
    agree, 10 bucks is a lot of money
    Be feared, or be fuel

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Video of ovation:

https://twitter.com/Millenium/status/735185569760743424

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._saw_warcraft/

You can see pretty much all the rest as Duncan Jones is retweeting them all.

Seems so far very positive, but going to assume there was many fans in there.
    Trust fan opinion at your own peril.

Quote Originally Posted by Cows For Life View Post
    Trust fan opinion at your own peril.
    It is the few millions fans that will make this movie a commercial success, like they did with WOW. Everyone else laughed about WOW players from the very beginning...

Not the cinephiles who rave about "an art" movie no one cares for.

It has always been like that. From super hero movies to the latest Warcraft.

The "intellectual critics" had their moment with John Carter ... simply by the fact John Carter had very few numbers of hardcore fans at its launch.

Warcraft is clearly a split movie: "pro cine writers hate it with a vengeance", the fans will simply love it with all its faults.

As a matter of fact: since the movie gets an average of 40-50% by most of these professional writers it is further proof it is quite decent

Decent by non lovers simply means awesome for fans of the Lore./
    Last edited by BenBos; 2016-05-27 at 01:05 PM.

Yeah retweeting people saying positive things about the movie must definitely mean its amazing.