Page 41 of 128 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I have one issue with the Arthas sequel... Given that China is a big target market, how are they going to do skeletons and undead?

I've stopped playing WoW long ago, but I'm excited to see the movie and I fully expect it to be great.

I don't need to have seen the movie to know that the plot of Warcraft I is fine and coherent contrary to critics.

Deleted
    Seriously, have none of you ever seen any WoW cutscenes?

I'm pretty impressed by 40% tbh. I guess bliz employ more astroturfers than game testers.

Deleted
    Oh no critics say its crap, must believe them.... come on, make of the movie yourself by watching it. Don't let other people waver what you think would be a good movie, im not. Im hyped for it as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
    I have one issue with the Arthas sequel... Given that China is a big target market, how are they going to do skeletons and undead?
    afaik bones aren't bannedi n china, simply not encouraged. It's probably like nudity was in the west a while ago. They may keep the undead like the wights in GoT I suppose?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksumit View Post
    Oh no critics say its crap, must believe them.... come on, make of the movie yourself by watching it. Don't let other people waver what you think would be a good movie, im not. Im hyped for it as hell.
    Critics say dog poo tastes bad. But don't believe them, eat some dog poo for yourself so you can taste how great it is.

7+ Year Old Account
    I loved X-Men Apocalypse which sits at 47%. I can't imagine this being much worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darchi
    Thx America for destroying Europe and world and all mess you cause bcs of your selfishness and only thinking abot yourself and of your interest, creating IS, killing in the name of democracy, etc etc...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
    The same way they do in the Chinese game client I imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Critics say dog poo tastes bad. But don't believe them, eat some dog poo for yourself so you can taste how great it is.
    Critics would praise dog poop as it looked like chocolate, but when they ate it, it tasted turd. They got confused as f, and rated it 5/7
    Last edited by Zexz; 2016-05-28 at 04:34 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy View Post
    I loved X-Men Apocalypse which sits at 47%. I can't imagine this being much worse.
    its probably worse than even Avengers civil war. Showing this in countries outside of the US probably counts as a war crime.

Rotten Tomatoes = shit website.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    That's not an accurate analogy. Critics seek the approval of their audience and other critics. They don't have much interest in changing people's perceptions by liking or disliking certain types of films. This leads to a huge amount of prejudice and groupthink. Which I'm guessing is what happened here...reading between the lines the film seems to be good but not bad but not great.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Guzzed View Post
    Rotten Tomatoes = shit website.
    one thousand times this. It fails the Prometheus test by 73%.

Deleted
    Cringy how badly fanboys are trying to protect this movie. "Don't listen to the critics they don't know what they are talking about" - surely they do know, they have seen the movie and they review movies for a living no?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    That's not an accurate analogy. Critics seek the approval of their audience and other critics. They don't have much interest in changing people's perceptions by liking or disliking certain types of films. This leads to a huge amount of prejudice and groupthink. Which I'm guessing is what happened here...reading between the lines the film seems to be good but not bad but not great.
    Have you seen any DnD films? Imagine them but with worse dialogue and special effects. And then catching terminal cancer on the way out of the cinema.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by superslim View Post
    Have not played wow for a little over a year but gonna go see it when its out here. Tbh Im kinda getting the feeling the critics are doing what they did with batman v superman which is kinda rip the film apart even tho while not perfect the film wasnt that bad.
    Yep, I agree. BvS is not a 27 RT score movie. Is it a great movie? No but it is not that bad as they say and I would say the same about WC. In my eyes WC is ever better than BvS. But for some reason critics can't watch a "fun" movie anymore and give it a good review. The only time they can do that is with the Fast and Furious franchise which I don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by lanana View Post
    Cringy how badly fanboys are trying to protect this movie. "Don't listen to the critics they don't know what they are talking about" - surely they do know, they have seen the movie and they review movies for a living no?
    There is a difference between a critic that actually writes why they gave it a 3/10, and one that makes a clickbait article rating it 1/10.
    They do it for a living, and nowadays that means they have to generate clicks, and when its a new movie you bet they want to generate those clicks.

Mark Kermobe, the BBC's resident movie critic, a.k.a. the journalism center for the country that *invented* performative drama, recommended Warcraft.

So I'm thinking a lot of pissed off pwn'd noobs grew up and became surly movie critics.

Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    Yes because clearly 20 million ppl that probably gonna watch the movie, all have the same views of whats quallity.

As long ppl enjoy their selves for 2 hours its all good.
    Again, that's completely against what i'm talking about.

20M people go and watch, let's say, Shawshank Redemption.
    21M people go and watch, let's say Sharknado.

Your comment makes it seem that Sharknado is better than Shawshank Redemption.

You can perfectly enjoy a 2h movie session with an average movie... it doesn't fucking make it a 10/10.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lanana View Post
    This film aside, if you can't see that there is a serious problem with film critics in general, you must be very myopic.

Test: observe reviews of "arty" or "worthy" flilms. There is a heavy bias towards giving these positive reviews even when they fail on their own terms because the reviewer wants to look clever. Now observe reviews of action or more populist films: they are almost always weird and awkward.

I thought the choice of period for the wow film was way-off and the cgi looks overdone. That said, I couldn't give a crap what the critics think, I'll make my own decision, I'm not a fucking sheep.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zexz View Post
    There is a difference between a critic that actually writes why they gave it a 3/10, and one that makes a clickbait article rating it 1/10.
    They do it for a living, and nowadays that means they have to generate clicks, and when its a new movie you bet they want to generate those clicks.
    There might be a good case for removing outliers from films for that reason.