Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Industrial heart of the USSR... now torn apart
    I posted this in the other thread, I hope I won't get infracted for reposting...

I played Warcraft I before Warcraft II was released; you can call me a Warcraft fan. I watched the movie. My review: everyone who knows and likes the Warcraft universe should go and watch the movie. Despite some small lore alterations/discrepancies, the movie is great for its intended target audience, the Warcraft fans. It will definitely have a cult following, no doubt about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    It's not 2004. People have lives, jobs, families etc

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    the warcraft movie was suprisingly good imo. And at least some ppl seem to agree with me.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0803096/combined

and some food for thought. 34 reviews gave Rotten grade on the movie Fightclub on rottentomato.
    While I'm glad the distribution has shifted, still almost 50% of votes were a 10/10.

I wouldn't really trust someone who believes Warcraft is a perfect movie. Most of the more objective reviewers have stated it's a good movie with some flaws in it, flaws (i.e. bloated, too fast) which seem to keep appearing in the more balanced reviews. Given this a 10/10 should be obviously unrealistic and showing signs of hype or fandom that's blinding them from a few flaws (which don't ruin the movie by any means).
    Last edited by Kraenen; 2016-05-31 at 10:52 PM.

So, today I went to watch the Warcraft Movie.
    I really don't know what I going into because I had chosen to avoid all the other trailers other than the first one.
    Boy was I surprised.
    That was probably one of the best movies I had ever watched (trying not to be biased just because I play WoW) for fantasy related movies.
    I'm bad at explaining myself so I'm just going to leave it at that.

I wasnt even gonna see this movie. but hey if my brother who knows nothing about the game movies or anything about it at all? wants to buy me a ticket? who am i to deny a free ticket.

So far, everyone I know that have watched it, loved it.
    And they like very different movies between themselves...o.O

Deleted
    Saw it tonight with my brother. I'm a long-time WoW player, only played WC3 from the RTS side. My brother has only played WoW briefly (subbed recently), never played the RTS games and barely follows the lore at all in WoW (during the movie he asked me if child-Varian was Tirion "the Paladin")

The reviewers and critics have it totally wrong on this one. Whatever the reason for their hate boner and trying to make it sound like a Uwe Boll movie, they're full of shit. Both of us enjoyed it. Some of the acting is patchy with the human characters... Lothar has good moments and some bad moments, and he comes off kinda angsty even when he's being cool fighting stuff, and a couple of side characters aren't that great either but they're also not on screen that much. The effects overall are really awesome, the Orcs are awesome, the battles are awesome, the magic is awesome (I honestly wish there was more of it) and translated really well. Garona, Khadgar, and Medivh were all fine.

Overall, I'd give it a solid 7/10. If they could patch up the weaker performances for next time and match the rest of it in terms of CGI and cool-factor, I'd give it 8.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2016-05-31 at 11:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    people are still taking these sheep herders' reviews seriously?
    critics are paid (for some stupid reason) to give their opinion on a thing. they sometimes (not all the time, obviously) take bribes to speak badly about or praise certain things.

form your own opinions, see the movie if you want it to succeed at all, if not then sit in your room with the light off and bash it without having seen it. and don't let the opinions of the other side affect your own until you see it (if you see it, i dont give a fuck im not your dad)
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    You asked why it goes better reviews. I gave you some possible explanations, like them or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Those weren't plausible explanations. Really they weren't.
    I think a better explanation is "because Iron Man."

What sells it to me, is focusing on that character (humor/attitude/conflict). Basically the same reason you don't like it (RDJ).
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

The Angry Birds movie is doing better on rotten tomatoes than Warcraft is - a movie that created a plot out of a plotless app. I wonder how many Angry Birds fans are adamantly defending the movie with such arguments as "The Angry Birds fans are really liking it".

24% now. Isn't that higher than it was yesterday?

10+ Year Old Account
    What I've noticed, those who speak well of the movie all generally like different aspects and actors while also disliking different things. Those who don't speak well all generally sound the same, almost as if they copy and pasted their review.

So the positive reviews are wide and varying with specifics, while the negative reviews are all rather singular and generalized.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    24% now. Isn't that higher than it was yesterday?
    they got couples of fair reviews and the number is up

5 days of nonstop negativity up till today without it airing in North America

10+ Year Old Account
    This is one of the reviews I read from RT.

http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/fi...this-1.2665832

They say so much to say nothing at all. It doesn't feel like a review at all, it just some some hate filled blog.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    This is one of the reviews I read from RT.

http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/fi...this-1.2665832

They say so much to say nothing at all. It doesn't feel like a review at all, it just some some hate filled blog.
    A lot of them do. The Guardian's review was utter trash, and they also gave it a bad score. Half their "review" was about how the humans are all white and the orcs were all brown and it felt like racist propaganda. Like, lol.

IGN a gaming site first and forem. (this is their movie section)

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/31/warcraft-review

The Verdict
    In a time when too many bloated movie blockbusters feel like they’re impersonal video games, it’s heartening to see that an actual game can be transformed into an authentically involving movie. Yes, it suffers from an overcrowded mythology, occasional clunkiness, a few iffy casting choices (Fimmel’s Lothar in particular) and won’t attain Avatar box-office or Game of Thrones-level awards; but there’s a genuine sense of striving to get inside what made the Warcraft games beloved by 100 million participants, whether playing as human or orc, and tapping into what makes fantasy feel so personal, so real. Game on.

I don’t know what’s going on with Warcraft. I’m trying not to read full reviews, but there’s no avoiding the aggregation that says it’s just not a very good film. I do believe it will probably be better than its RT score will indicate, but enough so that it’s actually great? That would be quite a leap indeed. We’ll find out in in the west soon enough.
    Interesting forbes read that was also recently updated:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertco.../#131d9ffa1d1f

My guess, when it comes out after a few weeks I'll probably get a score between a high 40-low 60.

A lot of these critics seem to have biases or go on a hate filled rant about the movie, but there's definitely an increase in positive reviews.

Either way, I'll still watch it.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Warcraft: The Beginning enjoyed an auspicious start to its UK run.

Universal’s video game adaptation topped the market on its opening day yesterday with $1.5m (£1.02m) from 469 sites, although it won’t officially be in the chart until next week [June 3-5].

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Oh -its- bad. It is one of the worst movies ever made in existence. They even have the camera crew running through a movie scene. Even the deleted scenes are more awful than expect them be.

I thinks it's funny that nobody even defended this movie. It was universally disliked by fans, critics and regular movie-goers alike.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this movie might actually be pointed at long time fans rather then new ones. So I wonder if critics are watching this movie having no idea whats going on while long time fans of the series know all the characters and locations. Ive heard fans at the least like it but feel its a little flawed.

Meanwhile im eagerly waiting on Warcraft 3. Because Arthas.
    Give me the news.