Page 81 of 128 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I'm gonna say this again. Go watch the movie. Don't listen to critics. Most of them even review genres they don't like.

This is a movie where critics & the public don't agree.

Last time i check it was also 1# here in Brazil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thelightthatstrays View Post
    You do understand that people use reviews to help them make decisions on what movies to see and skip, right?
    .....and normally, you have to reverse the critic's oppinions to get something usefull...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

I was able to see the movie last night at a prescreening. This might not be a movie for the masses but it is a movie for the fans. I thought it was very good. Would watch again for sure.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graywolfofmibu View Post
    I was able to see the movie last night at a prescreening. This might not be a movie for the masses but it is a movie for the fans. I thought it was very good. Would watch again for sure.
    That might be a niche game movies have to fill. Considering what we got with mass market Game films, VS what's made by fans for fans on Youtube.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    https://deadline.com/2016/06/warcraf...ts-1201769124/

46Million in the first day in China, breaking all previous records.

Warcraft blasted out of the gate today in China with $46 million (302M rmb) at the box office as of 10 PM local time. The Legendary Pictures/Universal Pictures adaptation of the popular video game franchise set a record for the best first-day box office for a non-weekend release in the Middle Kingdom. The previous title holder was Avengers: Age Of Ultron with $28.3M (185.86 rmb).
    Last edited by Plehnard; 2016-06-08 at 07:01 PM.

Since the movie seems to be doing well where it's been released so far, I haven't been really paying attention to critic reviews (Not that I normally do anyway). If you have an interest in Warcraft, go see it. It's the same as anything else. Why would you make your opinion or decision based on another's review, who has possibly not had the same interest and experience with Warcraft/WoW?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rrhage View Post
    Since the movie seems to be doing well where it's been released so far, I haven't been really paying attention to critic reviews (Not that I normally do anyway). If you have an interest in Warcraft, go see it. It's the same as anything else. Why would you make your opinion or decision based on another's review, who has possibly not had the same interest and experience with Warcraft/WoW?
    Because you probably get a more balanced opinion. I'm sure their are die hard Mario brothers fans who said much the same....hey those reviewers have no interest or connection to Mario.

holy crap china.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Because you probably get a more balanced opinion. I'm sure their are die hard Mario brothers fans who said much the same....hey those reviewers have no interest or connection to Mario.
    I doubt there was a single soul liking the super mario movie, I you said something like Dungeons&Dragons there might have been at least one (the director) but super Mario? No, no one loved that.

BTW. the Tomato score is getting up again.

I've just arrived home from theater. The film was MUCH better than I expected. My money is well spent. I give 8/10 in IMDB scale Is the movie released in USA?

Honestly if it wouldnt be warcraft i would leave cinema after 30min and at home i would turn it off after 10. I totally get how it gets 16% or whatever on RT.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I've just arrived home from theater. The film was MUCH better than I expected. My money is well spent. I give 8/10 in IMDB scale Is the movie released in USA?
    it releases friday aka in 2 days
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

I will watch it for the third time tomorrow.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Critics are the worst people to get movie opinions from, unless you know a particular one has your same tastes.

I mean ... Snowpiercer is 95% fresh and it was a steaming pile of shit of a movie (it could not have been more poorly written).

Quote Originally Posted by zupf View Post
    well, the movie didn't help to get rid of the bad rep video game movies have. it made it even worse.
    I suppose that's why it's opening as the number one movie almost everywhere it opens. And consequently just destroyed the records for a China opening beating an Avenger's movie by over 10 million +. Clearly, a failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    I mean ... Snowpiercer is 95% fresh and it was a steaming pile of shit of a movie (it could not have been more poorly written).
    LOL, yeah. I hated that movie, too. It tried way too hard to be way too many things and ultimately ended up being a complete trainwreck (pun intended).

10+ Year Old Account
    China is going to make Warcraft II happen, thanks China! :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown
    "The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand Russell
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time"

10+ Year Old Account
    The movie was pretty great, honestly. There's definitely things you have to look past if you know the lore at all, but if you can look past that (which, it's a movie, you should be able to pretty easily look past that), they did a pretty good job.

I agree with a few posts above, I'd give it a solid 8/10.

Oh and also screw Rotten Tomatoes. That shit is garbage.

Just saw it in NJ, imax 3D. Went with my friend who doesn't play any videos games. I'm 34 and been playing wow since release. He's 37.

He walked out saying it was a 10/10 and was asking me lore questions the whole ride home. I give it a 8/10 which is high for me. My only gripes were that some of the orcs were impossible to understand. I actually wish the whole movie was close captioned lol. The other gripe is there wasn't enough iconic spells and abilities. I would liked to see more frost and fire magic from the mages.

Cgi was absolutely breathtaking. And all the idiots who said the effects looked like crap are absolutely wrong. It's AWESOME. Acting and story were on par. Over all, it was a really fun movie to watch and not once was I bored or wonder what time it was.