I finally saw the movie last night. It was good, not great but good. For me the changing of the story was a huge disappointment and IMO didnt make the story better. As a matter of fact, it felt like some stupid nod to feminism, but I guess all movies are starting to go that way. I think Blizz didnt want to face what could have been backlash from Feminazis of Garona being controlled by Guldan and assassinating King Llane.

Still, if a sequel was made, I most likely would see it in the theater.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The other thing to consider for greenlighting of a sequel is how WoW itself has decayed since they started on the first movie, and where it's likely to be when the sequel comes out. Why make a movie for a game that will likely be dead (or close to it) when the movie comes out?
    Hearthstone is going gangbusters and even if WoW shut its doors today if you think Blizz would not be making a new Warcraft game you're mad. Hell a new Warcraft themed game would probably be better for WoW and future Warcraft sequels than anything. Maybe a hack n slash game following the First, Second and Third Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    You are a liar. I can simply state this by your words... How would you call Arthas, a non evolving character ? LOL
    Because he really wasn't. He started being for his people at any cost, and ended that way to an extreme. And whats the reasoning? lol mind control from sword.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Because he really wasn't. He started being for his people at any cost, and ended that way to an extreme. And whats the reasoning? lol mind control from sword.
    Frodo almost turned evil because of a ring...sorry...the one ring.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTaurenOrc View Post
    You can cherry pick the handful out liners, which Warcraft doesn't even fit into anyhow, if you want to. It doesn't change the fact that American studios make English speaking movies for US audiences first and foremost. They certainly don't make them for a Chinese audience they are barely getting to understand.
    I hate to break it to you, but it is not just Movie studios that care more about the Chinese market than the US market. They will make films for a Chinese audience in mind since that is the formula for maximum profit - and if it does well in the US as well, that is a bonus. Other companies are also starting to have a bottom line that is effected by performance in China as much as the US. Money talks, and Chinese money is as good as US money.

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Frodo almost turned evil because of a ring...sorry...the one ring.
    Frodo resisted.

Arthas just went "Ok time to kill my mentor and then father"

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Frodo resisted.

Arthas just went "Ok time to kill my mentor and then father"
    We don't know how much time Arthas listen to the whispers of Frostmourne.Besides,the good side of Arthas still persisted until the end of "Rise of the Lich King"and after that.

Frodo resisted yet on the final momento he fucked up.

Before its start,this discussion will not go anywhere,is subjective,you prefer Frodo.I,Arthas.

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    We don't know how much time Arthas listen to the whispers of Frostmourne.Besides,the good side of Arthas still persisted until the end of "Rise of the Lich King"and after that.

Frodo resisted yet on the final momento he fucked up.

Before its start,this discussion will not go anywhere,is subjective,you prefer Frodo.I,Arthas.
    Aww yes, the big "We need to make the bad guy a little bit of a good guy" shtick that doesnt actually fit into the narrative of what Arthas actually -DID-. It all comes out as nonesensical when you take into account his actions.

On a similar note, why is Bolvar suddenly an exact copy of the LK only slightly more morale?

you people still argue about this movie ?
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I liked it.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    you people still argue about this movie ?
    I suppose many people are mighty pissed because they expected something much better, and need to vent out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    I suppose many people are mighty pissed because they expected something much better, and need to vent out.
    i understand this but we are 132 pages in everything has been pretty much said already dont you think ? :P

i mean on the buisness side movie did not flop at this point it's just personal preference
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    I hate to break it to you, but it is not just Movie studios that care more about the Chinese market than the US market. They will make films for a Chinese audience in mind since that is the formula for maximum profit - and if it does well in the US as well, that is a bonus. Other companies are also starting to have a bottom line that is effected by performance in China as much as the US. Money talks, and Chinese money is as good as US money.
    And that's what I mentioned pages before. If there will be a 2nd Warcraft movie it will be different. It will be a Chinese production by a Chinese studio with a theme directed to the Chinese audience. A US studio with US investors will never produce a US movie that only makes 1/3 of it's production or 1/6 of it's entire budget in the domestic box office.

If it will be a Chinese movie I see some issues there - they are censoring the Scourge in the game, do they have to censor it in a potential Arthas-movie as well? How will it look? LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    I just remember people saying this will be such a huge blockbuster with a $600-800 million box offic... I think reality is shattering their dreams now and some people just remind them...

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The other thing to consider for greenlighting of a sequel is how WoW itself has decayed since they started on the first movie, and where it's likely to be when the sequel comes out. Why make a movie for a game that will likely be dead (or close to it) when the movie comes out?
    Well you have hearthstone which is super successful warcraft franchise (which attracted players who have little to no connection with warcraft rts / wow)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Some people confuse being a fan with praising every single aspect of something mindlessly. Somehow they're under the impression that a fan enjoys any pile of shit they're presented so long as it has the right branding.
    But... if you don't religiously enjoy every single aspect of the game, you are a hater!
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    But... if you don't religiously enjoy every single aspect of the game, you are a hater!
    I mentioned it a page back but look this up: No True Scotsman. A lot of arguments in favor of a sequel are by people with such romanticized feelings of WoW they simply cannot compute the possibility that there exist people who both enjoy WoW and disliked the movie.

I find myself a bit more centrist in my opinion but given what we know so far I don't think a sequel is as nearly guaranteed as many fans would like to believe. A few people in this thread take a certain amount of pleasure in raining on the parades of the aforementioned group but I think that lends itself to the Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory more than anything else. We'll find out in the next few months what Legendary plans to do with the Warcraft franchise. I personally believe we'll get a sequel announcement followed by five+ years of development hell, but who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I mentioned it a page back but look this up: No True Scotsman. A lot of arguments in favor of a sequel are by people with such romanticized feelings of WoW they simply cannot compute the possibility that there exist people who both enjoy WoW and disliked the movie.

I find myself a bit more centrist in my opinion but given what we know so far I don't think a sequel is as nearly guaranteed as many fans would like to believe. A few people in this thread take a certain amount of pleasure in raining on the parades of the aforementioned group but I think that lends itself to the Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory more than anything else. We'll find out in the next few months what Legendary plans to do with the Warcraft franchise. I personally believe we'll get a sequel announcement followed by five+ years of development hell, but who knows.
    It was (obviously) sarcasm
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    It was (obviously) sarcasm
    ...and? I was replying in kind.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    ...and? I was replying in kind.
    Ok then my bad

10+ Year Old Account
    Zootopia, Transformers: Age of Extinction, Jurassic World... It's more than just F7 that didn't have massive drops. The reason those other movies didn't see as large of drops in China is because they penetrated to a general audience. Warcraft didn't manage to do that over there.
    And those Films you listed there are all and the only films that did better. In the case of Zootopia by only 60 million yuan (1530 against Warcrafts 1470) more at the end, that's only 4% or around 13Million Dollars with current exchange. (2015 films got more money per yuan because the exchange was better that time)
    On the other side Age of Ultron the former number 8 (international 4) had a 65% drop as well (that wasn't in my list yet)
    http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/...=avengers2.htm

Or we could just look at the last 3 weekends and look how all other film faired at their second week beginning with Warcrafts second:
    http://www.boxofficemojo.com/intl/ch...16&wk=25&p=new
    Warcraft -62.9%
    Our Graduation -84.8%
    Toys War -97.5%
    http://www.boxofficemojo.com/intl/ch...16&wk=26&p=new
    Finding Dory -65.9%
    The Curse of Chopsticks -86.6%
    MT / Warrior VS Dragon -97.7%
    Shadow Behind -74.1%
    http://www.boxofficemojo.com/intl/ch...16&wk=27&p=new
    Now You See Me 2 -65.1%
    Independence Day: Resurgence -67.1%
    Three -93%
    Nankou in 1937 +23.6%

So with only one exception all films had their massive drops in the second week with Warcraft having the smallest. You can get even further back in time and the picture won't change that much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or you look to cut costs on Warcraft sequels to increase profits. That would include filming in China and using worse CGI.
    That's the most logical conclusion of this, yes. CGI would probably still be made by ILM but the filming would be done in china. The good thing about this film is that you can put a lot of Chinese actors into this without the western audiences realizing it. Nobody will be outraged if the main character is Chinese because Thrall would be CG anyway, that's the same trick they did with Gul'Dan for this film.
    If we are honest 160million for a film like this was already too much of a risk in the first place, the 100 they planed for in the early stages would have been more appropriate.
    A lot of the other films that failed at the box office in the last month had the same problem of an totally overblown Budget.
    Alice Through the Looking Glass, Tmnt2, the BFG, Independence Day failing to get the money in. X-Men: Apocalypse and Now You See Me 2 barely making it into the profit zone .
    The Legend of Tarzan potentially being the next candidate to fail.