Quote Originally Posted by khali View Post
    /tooshort:<
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0803096/reviews?start=0

Instead of pulling something before the official release, how about something more recent next time. Besides, there are people flagging it with only one star who have not even seen the movie yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantupino View Post
    Lol, using Rotten Tomatoes... Do these people even get paid to review? they suck at their job. How can you say Warcraft is bad and then say Sharknado is amazing?
    It's a running gag with the reviewers so far.

They love DragonBall evolution ("Your gonna have a ball with Dragonball evolution")

They love SuperMario bros
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0803096/reviews?start=0

Instead of pulling something before the official release, how about something more recent next time. Besides, there are people flagging it with only one star who have not even seen the movie yet.
    Try...this?

http://www.allocine.fr/film/fichefil...s/spectateurs/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    Why are non-critic reviews more important? You realize players are going to be biased because they care more about the franchise?
    And players review is more important than general critics review, because they care and know franchise to make an educated opinion. Current reviews from general critics are the same as 17 year olds talking about global politics
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    I think the movie will flop based on the script honestly. Of all the warcraft lore to make a movie on it seems they wen't for the most bland approach.

Fuck the Orc storyline in the first movie. I am willing to bet half of this movie will be muddled down by trying to appease the horde side. IMO it was best to center this movie on Arthus becoming the lichking with the scourge and everything running rampant, destroying Lorderon and have Medivh as a side story being corrupted by Sargeras to open a portal to Draenor for the sequel.

Hell even have the movie end on a downer with Lorderons destruction while propping up side stories creating glimmers of hope and some additional despair after defeating Lich king by the end of the movie.

I will be seeing it of course, I hope its a good movie more so because I'd rather sequels based on the more entertaining lore than this bland X hates Y but Y is misunderstood so its up to Z to bring X and Y together.
    They have tried to start from the beginning while opening the door for sequals, the problem is it looks so bad i very much doubt anyone will fund another Warcraft movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    And players review is more important than general critics review, because they care and know franchise to make an educated opinion. Current reviews from general critics are the same as 17 year olds talking about global politics
    Critics know how cinema works (mostly), players might not. When reviewing a movie, the main focus should be the plot, the characters, cinematography and so on... and not how well it represents the source material.

"I saw my favourite video game character come to life on the big screen, it's amazeballs guys!" is not a movie review.

15+ Year Old Account
    We (warcraft players) will be amazed anyway. How shit it might be (lorewise/story).
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would anytime of the day, pick user reviews over critic reviews.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0803096/reviews?ref_=tt_urv
    and from those, the movie seems to do pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by serendipity11 View Post
    Uhm you know he has been involved with the lore since WC3? Yes? He has a bit of an ego and sees thrall as his own WoW characters even though he just voices him but hes not that bad of a writer. For a video game anyways.
    He hasn't written anything good since WC3 which was what, 13 years ago? I dunno about you, but I wouldn't trust a man who thinks the definition of compelling story telling is 24/7 orcs and eternal faction conflict even when it makes no sense to be my main go to guy when doing a movie. Gameplay over logic and storytelling is an excuse that only goes so far in video gaming. Since there is no gameplay in the movie It needs to be written far better than what it is in the game.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    This post is the entire reason I come to mmo-c.com - it's basically the closest thing to an over the internet version of aids that you could possibly contract. BigUp

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    I love how I oppose almost any topic you make. Looking forward for the movie in 2 days.
    Yep, I'm really looking forward to it.

It was made for fans and players, NOT critics. And, funnily enough, fans and players seem to really like it.

Break yourself upon my shitpost, circle the strenght of the jerk

Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post
    Yep, I'm really looking forward to it.

It was made for fans and players, NOT critics. And, funnily enough, fans and players seem to really like it.
    It needs to draw in general audiences to be a hit. You're on shrooms if you think they made this big marketing campaign just for the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    Right now, sitting at a disastrous score in RT. It begs the question to what Blizzard was thinking with this shit again.

What was the point?
    Show us where they touched you.

I KNEW the movie would be a great success. With an IMDB rating of 9 it is the forth best film on imdb, right between The Dark Knight and Godfather 2!

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    I KNEW the movie would be a great success. With an IMDB rating of 9 it is the forth best film on imdb, right between The Dark Knight and Godfather 2!
    I hope you're trolling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    The movie should be a good movie for everyone, not just the players. Just because a critic may not know of the warcraft universe doesn't mean they wouldn't care about a good movie. Good critics don't go in with an agenda to hate it just because it's a game movie.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    It needs to draw in general audiences to be a hit. You're on shrooms if you think they made this big marketing campaign just for the fans.
    Except that the number of players that played Warcraft/WoW for several months / years in their life time already exceeded 100 million 3 years ago.

If all these would buy ONE ticket worldwide, you would have over 1 billion dollars. And according to the first figures coming in from China, the pre release number over there is already 400M ...

Of course they made it for the fans, that bring all family and friends...

Deleted
    Anyone that allows a website to dictate what they like needs their eyes and ears removed you may aswell not need them.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I hope you're trolling.

Why should he be trolling. It is indeed 9/10 on IMDB right now. It shows the movie will hit the haters right between the eyes where it matters (to them): the success. .

1200 voters gave an average of 9/10 and in France the opening night was a HUGE success.

I don't see this as trolling.

I don't see either why anyone outside Warcraft would give anything over 30% even. But the fans will make this movie HUGE in €€€€€€€€ signs.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2016-05-25 at 08:44 AM.