I think I'll just have to echo what I said on the news post about this-
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Also I'd rather take the opinion of a fan over critics any day.

Especially with the fact that Metacritic has 10 Cloverfield Lane as a 76 which I thought was a complete waste of time, extremely predictable, and overall garbage, yet they're praising it as suspenseful...

the trailer i saw was so silly looking it made me cringe, so i'm already expecting it to be terrible. i still intend to go see it, but i don't see why anybody who isn't already a wow fan would be a ticket.
    "Just because you read it on the internet, doesn't mean the person actually said it." - Thomas Jefferson

It is not a flop, even if it is the most terrible movie in the world it will still be a blockbuster because it is Blizz and people will watch it no matter what
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    It is not a flop, even if it is the most terrible movie in the world it will still be a blockbuster because it is Blizz and people will watch it no matter what
    I'm beginning to think some of you don't even care if it's a good movie, all that matters is how much money it makes.

It's too soon to be sure but it was really already a foregone conclusion that this movie would be terrible.

Especially when you look at the concurrent massive dumbing down of a game that had already been dumbed down umpteen times.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Directly from the Wiki for the movie:

Things were changed for the movie on purpose.
    https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...d-already-nigh

Hell, 5 reviews at the time this thread was posted....from people who know nothing of wow...Good lord....you are right....this is a flop....save the chillins!!
    nonsense.

"Hey guys, I haven't watched the movie, BUT hear this, I don't have an opinion and only listen to what others have to say, the movie is bad!!"

LOL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    Right now, sitting at a disastrous score in RT. It begs the question to what Blizzard was thinking with this shit again.

What was the point?
    I'll reserve criticism for 6/10. I can't wait for release!

10+ Year Old Account
    The guy who compared it to Battlefield Earth liked the DBZ live action movie.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    Right now, sitting at a disastrous score in RT. It begs the question to what Blizzard was thinking with this shit again.

What was the point?
    Bahahah.. Please, use some real reviews? People's own?

I wouldn't really say it would flop if I haven't seen it myself. Many of the reviews for fantasy movies flop because it is fantasy movies, the only times they don't, is when it's mainstream.

I don't care about reviews, the fact that many non-mainstream fantasy movies has not gotten awesome reviews either. So I will say, fuck the reviews and wait for my own opinion.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The studio and filmmakers would most assuredly appreciate money from every man, woman and child on Earth. What you mean is you don't care about their opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

All they have to say is they weren't intimately involved and throw people like the marketing team and Duncan under the bus...
    Nope, i mean the money from one person really doesn't matter... you are not special. there is ALWAYS hundreds more willing to pay if you don't.

sometimes there are even people willing to pay more...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    That's probably half the problem right there.

You do realize that Warcraft was basically Metzen's brainchild? Like 75% of ALL things that relate to the actual warcraft story, right down to the layout of original Azeroth, came from him. But sure, go ahead and talk like you know/could do better. I will watch for your multi-billion dollar game/movie franchise.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

It's probably going to be pretty mediocre, but Rotten Tomatoes is the last place I would go, even if I were incapable of forming my own opinions.

Deleted
    It will sell millions of tickets no matter what. Call that a flop.

Form your own opinions, enough with the "Captain hindsight" threads and comments.

I haven't seen it, I'm not saying it's good or bad, but don't let a bunch of self righteous reviewers tell you what you like or don't like.

I don't understand why so many people are happy about something not doing well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I'm beginning to think some of you don't even care if it's a good movie, all that matters is how much money it makes.
    This is literally how Hollywood works, though. Movies that end up being good are just happy accidents, really. Look at all the "cape-shit" sequels floating around. Sequel after sequel after sequel. Increasingly bad. Still the sequels come. Why? SOOO much money to be had. Look at the new Ghostbusters. Trailer looks awful, its the remake nobody wanted, and yet here it comes with money to be made.

People who play the game seem to like it, most of the bad reviews either think that there is "too much story" or are too busy talking about LotR or GoT to actually watch the film.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    People who play the game seem to like it, most of the bad reviews either think that there is "too much story" or are too busy talking about LotR or GoT to actually watch the film.
    Don't get too caught up in that theory that those that play seem to like it. Thats not entirely true either. It seems, its not "too much story" so much as the story told isn't coming across all that well given pacing, length of the movie (to short) and way to many plot holes left open as they hope and pray to get a second chance.

I'm a fan, player and reader and have been a long time but I can't say what was created struck me as something I like.

Deleted
    There is one critic that never lies, money.

Lets wait and see, it wont be the first time when critics appear to be disconnected from the general public. Although sure there are many in the forums who would be willing to believe that donkeys fly if they said so.