Quote Originally Posted by Erathus View Post
    There is one critic that never lies, money.

Lets wait and see, it wont be the first time when critics appear to be disconnected from the general public. Although sure there are many in the forums who would be willing to believe that donkeys fly if they said so.
    Commercial success still does not a good movie make though. People could you know... go see a movie and after they've seen it conclude it's bad. The movie still got their money. Word of mouth doesn't always catch on fast to warn others not to see it, esp. if there's a lot of hype involved. The new Star Wars would've still made a shitton of money even if it was worse than the prequels.

Deleted
    The issue here is getting a fair and balanced review.

I feel as though many critics are going into this film with a preconditioned stance on video game movies, which only clouds their minds and makes them focus on the negatives aspects of a film, to the point that it can become nitpicky. I have found that many critics struggle to put their own personal views to one side in order to produce a professional review for their readers, which seems more and more evident with every review I have read to this film.

Anyway, as many others have said, in the end it'll all come down to box office.

Zug zug dabu
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Things were changed for the movie on purpose.
    Funny how you say Chris Metzen is Blizzard, when he only works in the Overwatch team now. He has no say on Warcraft's story anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Don't get too caught up in that theory that those that play seem to like it. Thats not entirely true either. It seems, its not "too much story" so much as the story told isn't coming across all that well given pacing, length of the movie (to short) and way to many plot holes left open as they hope and pray to get a second chance.

I'm a fan, player and reader and have been a long time but I can't say what was created struck me as something I like.
    I haven't seen it, I'm not necesarily defending the film, I just dislike other people judging a film they haven't seen based on other peoples statements.

Really the point I'm trying to get across is "make your own decisions." If you saw the movie and didn't like it, then I respect that.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't take that seriously if they comment on the fact that it's racist that the "big bad dark skinned hordes are attacking the white Europeans"

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    I haven't seen it, I'm not necesarily defending the film, I just dislike other people judging a film they haven't seen based on other peoples statements.

Really the point I'm trying to get across is "make your own decisions." If you saw the movie and didn't like it, then I respect that.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't take that seriously if they comment on the fact that it's racist that the "big bad dark skinned hordes are attacking the white Europeans"
    So pay them your money first is the only way to handle reviews? I don't "buy" into that. You can read critic reviews and sort out the flavor text and get a decent grasp about most movies and it still not be entirely what the reviewer tried to say. Sure you have outliars like metacritic but you don't have to pay to see a movie just to claim it's not something your going to like, even as a fan or gamer.

Please make your own decision, sort through reviews but don't just throw money at them. If you get that sinking feeling after reading and sorting through reviews, that should tell you something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    It's a review by the Guardian which is the UK's equivalent of The National Inquirer. I had to stop reading the review when they openly asked if the movie was somehow a critique on immigration culture. All that's missing is an implication of the movie being geared predominately towards filthy ciswhite-males.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    It's a review by the Guardian which is the UK's equivalent of The National Inquirer. I had to stop reading the review when they openly asked if the movie was somehow a critique on immigration culture. All that's missing is an implication of the movie being geared predominately towards filthy ciswhite-males.
    Now you done it. It has only one major female role. Patriacrhy!

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    So, some non-reputable critics say something, therefore you consider it a flop? Someone doesn't know the business of the movie-making industry... There are many times where certain critics have assailed new releases and they still did well, some extremely well. It's far too early to determine whether this movie is a flop or not. That said, I'm definitely going to see it and form my own opinion after watching it. I've learned long ago that trusting critics is a bad idea as they are not only usually wrong, but also usually don't acclimate to my tastes (let alone most people's tastes) in entertainment.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Deleted
    Have you noticed something in the majority of the negative critics(there are many good aswell)?
    Almost NONE of them talks about the CGI which is the MAIN thing in this movie, because they just cant, because it is too good and litterally everyone has said it.
    Strangely another fear that we had, almost NO negative critic talks about acting, even us warcraft fans had questions about how acting is, it looks to be great.

But they keep contemplating about pace/some characters development etc, they keep bringing up WoW(smh this is based on Warcaft)or they straight attack Duncan.

There are some specific companies /Disney/Marvel everyone who gets on their space with a new POSSIBLE movie sequel needs to be exostracise. DIsney will lose huge money especially in CHina to everything that has to battle against a Warcraft IP, so hit them domestically and prevent a sequel at any cost

Take a look at some of European film critics majority of them are hugely positive and some less are giving it mediocre rating, but none of them are full of irony and hate.

How can small movie critics from EUrope and other countries give it an over 3.5(many french -swedish and suiss critics) stars and the majority of the TOP US critics speak with so much hate. I am not buying all this negative thing that is developing i will watch it and judge it by myself,

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Now you done it. It has only one major female role. Patriacrhy!

Just watched it. It's out in my country. Great movie. IDIOT reviewers. Seriously I've been reading several reviews and they're just so freaking dumb!
    It's like they know nothing about the game or the lore but just want to rant and keep the 'Games into Movies' thing dead.

I went with friends who did not know what Warcraft is and others who have been playing the game for longer than I have. We all enjoyed it, really enjoyed it.

Go watch it and judge for yourselves, I think Duncan and the team did great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    You have an MLP pony with a joint in its mouth
    I don't think you have the right to use the word "retarded"
    lol so? I don't even watch the show I just found the pic on tumbr like 3 years ago and stuck with it cuz its cute. You out of pocket tryna flame me son watch your mouth

Things were changed for the movie on purpose.
    I doubt Metzen was behind floating Dalaran. Even he knows that it was a grounded city during the First War.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You just have to hope it's only one person...
    its never just one, dont play dumb.
    tens of millions have no clue what the movie is even about, but millions will still see it.
    they will make their budget, they will even make their market expected, maybe even get more than.

Point is not everything is for everyone, and no business except everyone to like what they have.
    Blizzard is not new to things, and they are not going anywhere for a long long time.

My point still stands. Your money means nothing while other are willing to pay. Has always been, will always be.

soon the SJW's will be like: killing off characters in GOT really offends me cuz i build up mah feelingz toward them and when they die it hurtz mah feelingz.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    It's a safe bet this movie will flop. Hollywood has a notorious history with game movies.
    Most game movies don't have a huge universe like Warcraft to support it. I think it will surprise a lot of people but it won't be a LOTR's.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Thing is, reviews don't mean shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    How would I ever know exactly what he did/wrote? Fact is, he wrote the story and helped write the screenplay. He knew exactly what was in it.
    They're fucking up then :/

just saw the movie

it was badass, going again tomorrow
    Be feared, or be fuel

Funny how you just apparently can't read. Where did I say Chris Metzen = Blizzard?
    Me: Sadly, Blizzard did not help write the Notcraft movie.
    You: Yes they did - Chris Metzen helped write it.
    Good job... good job...

This is no longer fun, fighting a two-year old over the internet... especially when said two-year refuses to stay down when beaten through the Earth's core. Bye bye, and good riddance!