Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    The favorable audience reviews might help bolster this movie's popularity. Word of mouth goes a long way when it comes to movies.
    Too bad the majority of early audience reviews paint it as mediocre to bad. Fanboys in rooins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ehh honestly even if the movie does get bad reviews, a bunch of people are going to watch it. My friends + girlfriend who never even played WoW still wish to see the movie with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Feeline10 View Post
    Why do people shit on RottenTomatoes? All it does is literally gather up all reviews and post a consensus based on those reviews.

I swear people don't even read what they type before they hit enter!
    Spoiler alert. I don't care for Metacritic either. Might as well ask me why I shit on an amalgamation of opinionated people on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    "We know how much you hated the abomination Me'dan, so in movie we had Lothar and Garona screw each other so that the abomination is never born." .....And that is not the only rape of lore in the movie....
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

Face it, critics and reviews are all about hype trains, (episode 7), and political correctness, (the movie about that dansih cross-dresser).

I think I was in my early teens when I found out that critics weren't to be trusted, especially in regard to domestic products.

Making movies based on comics and gaming franchises is incredible hard, you have to cater to fans, non-fans, don't step on SJW's toes, appeal to women etc. Usually you can't do all. And if you cater too much to one group, you'll end up loosing huge segments of viewers. If you additionally take into consideration that millenials goes around thinking they're all special snowflakes and feel entitled to have productions targeted at them individually, you'll get the drama we have witnessed the last 24 hours or so.

This will get worse, we saw it with Ghostbusters 3 last week, and we'll see it with every intended blockbuster henceforth. Dramaqueens giving 1/10 mainly to troll/get attention/watch the world burn to try to make other's lives as miserable as theirs.

Deleted
    Dude, have you seen that movie Fury?

Where the tank crew thing was going on.

It scores like a 7.9 on IMDB or something.

The movie is okay, until you reach the end scene which basically shits on the entirety and in my eyes would earn that movie a solid 2, MAX.

Regarding trustworthy reviews. There's so much shit wrong with that one and they are actively mocking reality. Every gunner has every bullet a tracer bullet lol.
    At one point it felt like Star wars or something.
    4 guys vs. battalion = the 4 guys winning? Yup, 'Murica logic says so.

Regarding Warcraft, I'm still holding my breath, I'm probably seeing it on the 8th, it comes out then @ my country.
    But for all that it's worth, I believe it's gonna be a hit, or at least I hope.
    But these doomsayers man... and these folks who think that ratings depict reality in this business are delusional. But then again, people are different...

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    I have watched the movie yesterday and all i can say it is a solid one, it is far from perfect but not a 4/10 by any means...
    Oh lord, thats a scary comment. Not a 4 but not a 10 ...could it be the other critics were right, its a below average or average movie, 6 / 10?

I don't buy into RT personally, but it seems the video reviews are starting to come out, and for 2 guys who haven't played the game, they rated it pretty well. Good, but not great. Has flaws, but also has potential.

http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Oh lord, thats a scary comment. Not a 4 but not a 10 ...could it be the other critics were right, its a below average or average movie, 6 / 10?
    6/10 sounds like average to me. So the critics (all 8 of them) aren't right, considering their score. I mean 1/10? That's hilariously clickbait.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    the script was changed?? how different is the movie from actual warcraft lore then?
    Who knows because only a handful of people probably seen it because it isn't out yet.

Judging by the trailer though...

They made the Orcs a bit more friendly overall, they used to be all out bad guys tbh.
    They made Dalaran already a floating city, kind of a small change overall but it's a normal change when you have a transition from a different media to a game.

Duncan Jones is on the current Nerdist podcast, FYI.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phyx View Post
    Don't feed the troll. Don't feed it.
    I don't think he was being deconstructive, he was asking a genuine question.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    How did the movie flop from 1 day into release?

WTF is going on mmo-champion?

Spoilers ahead about the movie:

They have scrapped the whole Aegwynn storyline, probably due to make the movie more easily understandable for the non-gamers, Medivh changing into something called simply "a demon", though he looks like Sargeras on the arts released before. They have changed how Garona kills Llane, made Dalaran already flying, and Khadgar's hair doesn't turning into white after the 'battle' with medivh. They have made Durotan trying to make an alliance with the humans to dethrone Guldan since he realized Guldan will be the doom of all orcs, but he fails and dies during the Mak'gora against Guldan.

I'd rate the movie a strong 7.5/10 as a long-time warcraft-game player, if i'd have to rate as a "pleb" who doesn't know any lore i'd say 8.5/10.

literally the only review i care about is RLM
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Deleted
    I would give the movie a 6 out of 10

The bad:
    -The story covered around three quarters of the first war and felt a bit short and rushed
    -The world felt rather small
    -The cities felt fake
    -The CGI fights between humans and orcs felt rather fake
    -I found a lot of orc "extras" rather sluggish or just standing around stupidly

The neutral:
    I found the music a bit bland

The good:
    -Magic. The magic just looked so amazing
    -Khadgar
    -The Orc only scenes were kind of good
    -The rest of the world looked awesome
    -It felt like a self contained movie (like Star Wars Episode IV)

Dunno, probably worth the watch, but X-Men was a lot better
    Last edited by mmoc4ab8181178; 2016-05-26 at 08:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some bad reviews on opening weekend = flop?

Right? In that case Star Wars A New Hope, Psycho, The Godfather, Gladiator, Shining and many more are all flops then as all those got negative reviews on their opening weekend. Not comparing Warcraft to them just the example. ?
    Last edited by Orby; 2016-05-26 at 08:51 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I've seen the movie yesterday and really enjoyed it. I was really afraid that it would be awful and I was pleased to see that it's not, far from it.
    I've played WC2, not WC1 and I'm not that familiar with its story. There are differencies, differents paths that lead to the same outcome.
    In the end, I think it's a good movie, and don't feel like I've wasted my time and my money. And I sure hope that there'll be a sequel.
    (and sorry for my poor english).

Why this crappy, paid criticis mean anything to you ppl? They will write w/e they get paid for. Legit opinions of random ppl, who did play the game and specially those who never saw warcraft b4 are one that matter and those one are in huge part very good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    These people seemed to like it. I wish I could experience seeing a movie early once in my life. <.<

https://twitter.com/Millenium/status...760743424?s=04
    I did once with The Dictator. Was nice to see it before everyone else. I loved it!

On topic, I do not see the point of movie reviews. They are 100% opinion based. Unlike game reviews that I watch to see if the game is horrible buggy and if I would like the gameplay.