Page 48 of 138 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamil84 View Post
    Critic of the day: "What's the opposite of eyecatching? Whatever it is, that's the new Warcraft film. With the cheapest-looking CGI and crummiest sets ever to have reached the screen" Ryan Gilbey
    lol wtf?
    ive seen it from a stream (cant wait to see it in theater, so i can see it better, instead of blobbed pixels)

and it seems ok, i would rate it 7 to 7.5
    im pretty sure its gunna be weird rating wise... cause there will be the super hardcore fanbois to give it 10, and the super haters to give it 1... you also have to remember its not for everyone, its a cartoony fantasy movie, something alot of critics who have been watching movies as a job for YEARS will most likely hate, as they have seen it all...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you even seen the movie yourself? So you're going to go right ahead and say "this movie sucks!" just from a few reviews? How about you actually see the movie first and form up your own opinion of it then get back to us. If you still think it sucks well then thats fine at least you have your own opinion and you're not just jumping on the "I knew it would suck" bandwagon.

So annoying when people judge things solely based on someone else's opinion. People hardly have their own opinion these days. They look at reviews or listen to what some schmuck has to say and they just blindly agree with him because he sounds professional. Just bandwagons everywhere.

Plus most of these critics don't even know what the fuck they are criticizing. They look at this movie and they see some Lord of the Rings rip off. They're not even reviewing it as a Warcraft movie. This is why I think these movie critics are so fucking stupid. I don't think I ever seen a movie where they just said "yeah it's a good movie, go see it". There's always some stupid little thing they nitpick at. Just go watch the fucking movie and enjoy it for what it is, have fun. Stop having such stupid expectations because that's mainly why people get so upset with a movie. If you didn't like it oh well it's not the end of the world and I'm sure $7-$10 is not going to make you go bankrupt. Too many people these days worry too much about what someone else thinks of the movie instead of what THEY think of it.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2016-06-02 at 07:14 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account

15+ Year Old Account
    If you were a true fan you wanted a Oscar movie, don't kid yourself just so you can have your sequel that may not happen.
    Not true. I've been playing Warcraft since the original back when I got my first PC back in 1995.

I could maybe see the movie getting an Academy Award for Visual Effects, but there's no way I could see it getting Best Picture, Best Screenplay, or even Best Director, regardless of how well the movie was made.

That just doesn't exist in Warcraft's DNA. You would have to transform the movie into something fundamentally un-Warcraft to achieve that.

It was never going to be the kind of film that serious film critics or the Academy are looking for. Period. In the same way a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles or Judge Dredd or Heavy Metal film is never going to get an Oscar for anything other than possible technical achievements. That's just never going to happen.

To expect something different is to fail to recognize what Warcraft is, fundamentally. Warcraft is cliche, over-the-top, stylized, and tonally inconsistent. It's a love letter to pulp fantasy and comic books and D&D and all sorts of pop culture. That's what people love about it, but by the same token that's what immediately takes it out of the running for ever being considered an artistic masterpiece by any sort of collective audience of serious critics.

Now, maybe if the marketing had better prepared the expectations of critics, they might have rated it more highly. They went into the movie expecting Lord of the Rings or Game of Thrones and got Warcraft. Now, if you look at something like Deadpool, I think critics were generally more open to it because they knew exactly what they were getting into.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Disney is an utterly putrid and disgusting company, so I welcome a Chinese company giving them a run for their money.

...Metacritic has given the new Ninja Turtles movie a higher rating. Proof that critics are beyond reason or taste at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    ...Metacritic has given the new Ninja Turtles movie a higher rating. Proof that critics are beyond reason or taste at this point.
    You don't understand the artistic vision behind TMNT!

Guys, the worst review so far has been published today. Worse than Duralde's, he gave it a 0 on metacritic and a F grade on his site.

Now, 10 years and several directors after it was first announced, “Warcraft” is finally here, and not only does it fail to bridge the gap between movies and video games, it self-immolates and swan-dives into the void, illuminating a dark rift that’s even deeper than it is wide. A grotesque, funhouse reflection of modern blockbuster cinema, the film is truly a staggering failure, and there’s no joy to be found in its profound awfulness — an exciting young director has burned off several of his best years, a major Hollywood studio has been punished for their ambition and two disparate mediums have exposed the worst in each other.

For a film that had the time and resources to pave over any potholes, the only logical explanation for a disaster of this magnitude is that everyone involved lost sight of what they were making. Perhaps “Warcraft” is an argument against the idea that fans are the best people to help shepherd their beloved properties to the screen; whereas many of the most incompetent recent blockbusters have been directed by untested special effects gurus, Jones has proven his bonafides. “Moon” and “Source Code” are the work of an intelligent filmmaker who has an innate gift for mining rich characters from high-concept premises. For someone so skilled to create something this bad, either he was overwhelmed by the scale of the project, or he was too invested in the lore to understand how it needed to be reimagined for an audience who may not share his knowledge or enthusiasm.

This is truly a depressing experience. It’s rare to feel such pity for a major studio movie, but watching “Warcraft” bend over backwards to set up a sequel is like watching a desperate paramedic apply CPR to someone who’s clearly been dead for hours. He’s gone. He’s gone. Let it go. Let the battle between orcs and humans end in a stalemate. Call off the fighting and implore both sides to return to their loved ones. Bad movies come and go — “Warcraft” is a tragedy.
    Grade: F

David Ehrlich

There are lots of movies that get horrible ratings but do well at the box office. Such as Transformers and Ninja Turtles.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm looking forward to seeing the movie.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    It's definitely not the best movie in decades but, it's definitely not the kind of film that is so bad I'd rather watch the Super Mario Bros. movie lol

The problem with a lot of things these days is that if they're not the next big incredible thing, they're instantly the latest "worst ever" thing.

I guess this has to do more with liberal you are with your grades which is something people tend to forget. Personally I thought the mad max movie was really good and for me it might get a 8 or a 8.5 out of 10 for me. If a movie is watchable and above average its a 6 at most above 6 and its a movie id rewatch + something I think is really good. Gone be honest here if I gave a movie a 8.5 out of 10 it would be in top 10% or even 5% of the BEST movies EVER this is why some people myself included find it hard to even watch the movie atm.

I think the movie summary is: "Good for fans with some background knowledge, confusing for others"
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Deleted
    The professional reviewers are just biased Blizzard hateboys!

Look how their reviews and ratings contrast those of invested WoW streamers, WoW player and WoW fanforum visitors!

Blizzard hate exposed! The Warcraft movie is just so good they are furious.
    Last edited by mmoc36f28662f1; 2016-06-02 at 09:39 PM.

Guys, the worst review so far has been published today.
    1 person gives it a 0/10.
    21505 people give it an 8/10 (IMDB)

Maths dude - guess which number to trust.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    1 person gives it a 0/10.
    21505 people give it an 8/10 (IMDB)

Maths dude - guess which number to trust.
    Well if you are going by numbers look at the amount of money the twilight books and movies made I guess this makes them good?

*Snip, scathing review*

David Ehrlich[/B]
    Dave, I understand you're upset at the tragedy of Warcraft but since when was directing movies the sort of job that is traditionally one dominated by the young? Even if this was an unimaginable crater of shame and dishonor that forever stained Jones's career it's ludicrous to suggest that a man who by your own admission is skilled and talented has wasted his best years when he works in a profession which he could well be an industry leader until he's 90.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiako View Post
    Well if you are going by numbers look at the amount of money the twilight books and movies made I guess this makes them good?
    No it makes them successful and it means that a ton of people enjoyed the books/movies. Thus they were not "flops" as the original poster claims Warcraft to be. Frankly I don't care if the movie is oscar-worthy. I just want an fantasy-action movie that's entertaining to watch as long as you dont think too hard. Along the lines of Transformers.

Guys, the worst review so far has been published today. Worse than Duralde's, he gave it a 0 on metacritic and a F grade on his site.

Now, 10 years and several directors after it was first announced, “Warcraft” is finally here, and not only does it fail to bridge the gap between movies and video games, it self-immolates and swan-dives into the void, illuminating a dark rift that’s even deeper than it is wide. A grotesque, funhouse reflection of modern blockbuster cinema, the film is truly a staggering failure, and there’s no joy to be found in its profound awfulness — an exciting young director has burned off several of his best years, a major Hollywood studio has been punished for their ambition and two disparate mediums have exposed the worst in each other.

For a film that had the time and resources to pave over any potholes, the only logical explanation for a disaster of this magnitude is that everyone involved lost sight of what they were making. Perhaps “Warcraft” is an argument against the idea that fans are the best people to help shepherd their beloved properties to the screen; whereas many of the most incompetent recent blockbusters have been directed by untested special effects gurus, Jones has proven his bonafides. “Moon” and “Source Code” are the work of an intelligent filmmaker who has an innate gift for mining rich characters from high-concept premises. For someone so skilled to create something this bad, either he was overwhelmed by the scale of the project, or he was too invested in the lore to understand how it needed to be reimagined for an audience who may not share his knowledge or enthusiasm.

This is truly a depressing experience. It’s rare to feel such pity for a major studio movie, but watching “Warcraft” bend over backwards to set up a sequel is like watching a desperate paramedic apply CPR to someone who’s clearly been dead for hours. He’s gone. He’s gone. Let it go. Let the battle between orcs and humans end in a stalemate. Call off the fighting and implore both sides to return to their loved ones. Bad movies come and go — “Warcraft” is a tragedy.

David Ehrlich
    I read this guy's entire review and it was complete ass. He actually complains that the orcs and humans both speak in english among their own but need a translator when speaking with multiple races present. It's obviously a contrivance to ease understanding for viewers after the director decided that subtitles would do nothing to enhance the storytelling. Its a purely stylistic choice (in line with the source material where everything is in english) that he somehow decided is objectively wrong.
    He also doesn't bother to read into any character's motivations or to understand why some orcs are green and some are brown, even though I'm pretty sure the movie pretty explicitly shows it and also explains why they feel a loyalty to Gul'dan and his "evil" magic. Like every other hack writer he chalks it up to latent racism and moves on.
    Finally, he's literally the only person I've seen, good review or bad, to describe the orcs' motion as 'weightless.' Even very critical reviews have commented on how well the orcs came across, especially in the Durotan/Draka scenes, which this writer specifically complained about.

David Ehrlich, your review is a tragedy.
    0/10

I If you were a true fan you wanted a Oscar movie, don't kid yourself just so you can have your sequel that may not happen.
    Nigh impossible, there's not enough content about nazis or slavery in it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saiako View Post
    For the target audience? Yes.

I don't know... I was only going to go see it because I thought it came with a free copy of wow.

Now that no theaters near me have that deal...well maybe I will download it when it comes out to dvd.