Page 51 of 138 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by warcraftplayer26 View Post
    I really wanted to like it but

just to make it clear, I did not like this movie nor do i wish for a sequel
    See I find that hard to believe.

It wasn't a masterpiece, but noone expected it to be one. It was a quite good movie given the prejudices that are video game movies.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll say this. Both of Duncan's previous movies were better. In fact both of them were really good. Whereas the Warcraft movie is merely "good" in my book, as some plot points felt somewhat contrived, clichéd and stupid. The designs, sets, the orcs' depiction and the pure passion is what saves it, really.

I can see how blizzard probably went "Oh yes please" when he offered to direct. Again I think many flaws of this movie could probably be attributed to Legendary/Universal executive decisions. Either that or Duncan simply can't handle movies as well when he has to depict multiple characters' PoV.

I actually enjoyed the movie A LOT. The critics were going in with a Lord of the Rings mindset. Human = Good, Orc = Bad. The warcraft lore is hard to fit into a 2hr movie, IT'S NEVER going to be easy.

That being said most of the US generation that started with warcraft are 90% with families and will find it hard to get a gap to go watch the movie. I think it will have more stain power then a lot of other movies as some fans will watch it more then once.

Like people are starting to not listen to mainstream media propaganda, I would also advise you go see the movie and judge for yourselves. You turn your back on this one because of some low life critics that only rates movies depending on how suicidal and depressed they feel afterwards and you will prolong future fantasy / gaming movies being made going forward.

I would love to see a SEQUEL!
    Last edited by Hightotemz; 2016-06-13 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    See I find that hard to believe.

It wasn't a masterpiece, but noone expected it to be one. It was a quite good movie given the prejudices that are video game movies.
    I refrained from having an opinion of the film until after the viewing, but prior to that i really did hope it was something that I would like. Sadly it wasn't and I find it astounding that you'd be arrogant enough to type something so condescending like that.Especially when it involves someone else's opinion and personal thoughts. I guess it'd be easier to dismiss any bad reception of the movie as just "hating" than to actual take into consideration the critique and reasoning of why the movie was so ill received. I don't doubt people in their own way enjoyed the film, how they did i do not know but I wouldn't be as arrogant to type something like you did and say they are lying about their own opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    Right now, sitting at a disastrous score in RT. It begs the question to what Blizzard was thinking with this shit again.

What was the point?
    Called it. Rotten Tomatoes is bad at reviews.

I refrained from having an opinion of the film until after the viewing, but prior to that i really did hope it was something that I would like. Sadly it wasn't and I find it astounding that you'd be arrogant enough to type something so condescending like that.Especially when it involves someone else's opinion and personal thoughts. I guess it'd be easier to dismiss any bad reception of the movie as just "hating" than to actual take into consideration the critique and reasoning of why the movie was so ill received. I don't doubt people in their own way enjoyed the film, how they did i do not know but I wouldn't be as arrogant to type something like you did and say they are lying about their own opinion.
    It's not arrogance, I think it's just natural for fans to be apprehensive towards a dissenting opinion of something which they hold in high regard. But as you said, it's your opinion -- there's no universal standard to which all people agree on something as subjective as a movie experience. You didn't like it, that's fine. But don't be surprised when fans on a fan message board disagree with you or try to persuade you into changing your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    BvS cleared almost $900M worldwide and had a domestic weekend opening literally 5 times that of Warcraft's. You're comparing apples to oranges here. All I'm saying is that so far -- despite its tremendous success in foreign markets -- it's still in a position where the studios could look at it as a failure and not make a sequel. And even if it does get a sequel, it certainly won't be made for the domestic box office.
    Yeah and so you are comparing apples to oranges. Batman & Superman are already well established and known names (brands I could say) to the masses while Warcraft is kinda newish to the general audience.

Deleted
    I have no problem with you not liking the movie. That's your opinion. I just find it hard to believe someone went in to the theatre with an open mind and came out hating the movie so much he detests the ideo of a possible sequel.

Loved it. Best film I have seen since Deadpool.

If you are letting critic sites tell you whether or not what you saw was good or bad then you are terrible at life.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Yeah and so you are comparing apples to oranges. Batman & Superman are already well established and known names (brands I could say) to the masses while Warcraft is kinda newish to the general audience.
    The guy I quoted brought up BvS, not me.

All I'm doing is offering a pragmatic opinion about the movie's sequel potential. Warcraft is definitely in a weird spot since it's a film which objectively was designed by a western film team for a western audience yet failed in the market for which it was designed. On those merits alone, it would never be considered for a sequel. However, its glowing international success -- particularly in the eastern (Chinese) box office -- may still give the film the necessary remunerations to warrant a sequel. (Pacific Rim's sequel is in development hell for this very reason.) We won't know with any amount of certainty until the film's full domestic and international cume has been settled.

In the meantime, I think it's a very weak argument to say it deserves a sequel simply because other films which were received poorly by critics also received sequels. BvS earned more in its three-day opening weekend than Warcraft stands to make in the domestic box office for its entire theatrical run. What I'm saying is that for a western film objectively designed for a western audience, that does not bode well for a sequel.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2016-06-13 at 10:16 AM. Reason: words

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolus View Post
    They should have done a lot more with Garona's makeup. It looked like someone in bad Halloween paint.
    thats because they filmed her as human and colored the movie....

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    Right now, sitting at a disastrous score in RT. It begs the question to what Blizzard was thinking with this shit again.

What was the point?
    What a shitpost lel... 54 pages, wow

rate 8/10 OP

7+ Year Old Account
    I place little to zero faith in professional review's on movies. many that i have seen and loved, have done amazing in the box office, but the reviews where awful, most professional reviewers dont go to the movie to watch a move, they go to break it apart and be a critic. the WOW movie will appeal to the WoW base, and those looking to be thrown into the WoW world. if you dont know or understand it, you will prob. hate it. Star wars was this way.. many reviews where hard on the acting and the story... yet.. look at it now....

if you dont see a movie cause the reviews suck, you will never know..... the big problem with reviews is... people find enjoyment in movies for different reasons, and the reviewer can not seperate personal bias to critic the movie correctly...

proof is the market over sea's has seemed to loved the movie, yet most of the reviews (many from folks that have not seen the movie, just reworded anothers review) hated it and said it was awful. but those exiting , comments. have been the opposite .. wonder why...

stop taking the word of others as fact, yet take it as one... just One persons view of the movie. not everyone likes curry.. hmmm. let that sink in. make up your own mind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nacixems View Post
    I place little to zero faith in professional review's on movies. many that i have seen and loved, have done amazing in the box office, but the reviews where awful, most professional reviewers dont go to the movie to watch a move, they go to break it apart and be a critic.
    Being an art critic is generally fallacious. Art is by definition subjective hence by definition giving a deterministic mathematical answer (X over 10) to subjectivity is automatically wrong. The true or best way to look for movies is to ignore the self-proclaimed experts in rating art and do by what people think, and nowadays that means to go by sites that allow the common folk to vote.

If the movie did well in China, but bombed in the US, I wonder ...

... is this a sign Blizzard will at some point sell all the Warcraft IP to a Chinese company?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    If the movie did well in China, but bombed in the US, I wonder ...

... is this a sign Blizzard will at some point sell all the Warcraft IP to a Chinese company?
    Not anytime soon. However, if a sequel were to be developed, you can bet Chinese focus groups will have a lot to do with the way the movie is handled.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    I have no problem with you not liking the movie. That's your opinion. I just find it hard to believe someone went in to the theatre with an open mind and came out hating the movie so much he detests the ideo of a possible sequel.

what should be harder to believe is the idea that you seem to be throwing out, which is that of someone who disliked this movie before even watching it yet still went to go pay to see it.

you should be considering the idea that the disdain for the idea of a sequel comes from the fact that they went in with expectations too high or were hoping for a good movie and got let down which led to the person disliking the movie and destesting the idea of a sequel. how that is hard to believe for you is kind of shocking lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    will at some point sell all the Warcraft IP to a Chinese company?
    They are big enough to hire people that talk chinese instead of doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    It's not arrogance, I think it's just natural for fans to be apprehensive towards a dissenting opinion of something which they hold in high regard. But as you said, it's your opinion -- there's no universal standard to which all people agree on something as subjective as a movie experience. You didn't like it, that's fine. But don't be surprised when fans on a fan message board disagree with you or try to persuade you into changing your opinion.
    There was a near unanimous opinion on these forums that the movie looked terrible based on initial trailers. Later trailers were better and slowly shifted perception - the movie drastically shifted perception.

But sure, let's just say it's fanboys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    There was a near unanimous opinion on these forums that the movie looked terrible based on initial trailers. Later trailers were better and slowly shifted perception - the movie drastically shifted perception.

But sure, let's just say it's fanboys.
    The difference then was most of the people were basing their opinion strictly off the trailer where now people defending the movie have actually seen it in a theater. I won't argue that perception has changed, but the context for the perception has changed as well.