Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    Yes, and the cries of content droughts between the years will be no different than it is now. I can hear it... They say "RELEASE THE NEXT EXPANSION ALREADY!"
    Naw, implement legacy, and release the next expansion whenever.

Vanilla was an entirely different game. Its like comparing GW2 to MoP, literally almost nothing is the same.

When TBC came out, the game changed almost entirely and since then they've been slightly changing the TBC model every expansion until where we are now.

WoD is the polar opposite of Vanilla, WoTLK is a middle ground. I'd prefer WoTLK though. Vanilla was just too slow paced for me, I enjoyed it at the time though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    It should be dictated by the view of the majority of the populace. Blizzard should do a poll roughly every month after X period of the final content being completed.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    It should be dictated by the view of the majority of the populace. Blizzard should do a poll roughly every month after X period of the final content being completed.
    So we get 1 month of retail and 11 months of Legacy? Well wait .. Less a few weeks here and there for small patches .. 2 months retail, 10 months Legacy per year?

So we get 1 month of retail and 11 months of Legacy? Well wait .. Less a few weeks here and there for small patches .. 2 months retail, 10 months Legacy per year?
    Well depending on how the population goes the range of how long we are on a certain expansion could change drastically. For example, maybe it takes a year for the first group to clear Naxx 40, then a month later (or several, just using a month for ease) a poll would lets say open. Possibly do it through a quest at the boards in main cities. However though, if the majority wants to stay, a month later (or several), another vote happens to see if to move to next expansion yet. Repeat for every expansion. I would hope there would be some limiting factor though on voting, like X amount of time spent on Legacy server so trolls from the current game don't purposely try to push content faster than people want.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

A misread post is a misread post.

If anyone goes looking for the biggest Wrath private server know that it is absolute cancer. Do not even attempt.
    Last edited by Sam the Wiser; 2016-05-26 at 04:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by F1reheart View Post
    Try reading it again.

.......no. Try reading it again, vanilla will still exist while a new TBC server launches.
    Why not release a Vanilla and TBC server at the same time then?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    If anyone goes looking for the biggest Wrath private server know that it is absolute cancer. Do not even attempt.
    If you are on about which one I think you are then really? That one isn't so bad.

Sorry but, as a Horde PvP player back in wotlk i have to say i didn't enjoy facing humans with double trinkets equipped (remember deathbringer's will?).

#bringbackArmorPen

While I to, fondly remember the old days.
    I will always be a skeptic, to actually making "legacy" servers.
    Though I can definitely see, why people would want Vanilla/Tbc servers.

But WotlK servers? That's barely different from live...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    Well depending on how the population goes the range of how long we are on a certain expansion could change drastically. For example, maybe it takes a year for the first group to clear Naxx 40, then a month later (or several, just using a month for ease) a poll would lets say open. Possibly do it through a quest at the boards in main cities. However though, if the majority wants to stay, a month later (or several), another vote happens to see if to move to next expansion yet. Repeat for every expansion. I would hope there would be some limiting factor though on voting, like X amount of time spent on Legacy server so trolls from the current game don't purposely try to push content faster than people want.
    With 2 separate games, it may come down to option (1) go solo, get levels, do quests, or (2) become part of a group that needs you to help with Naxx..

Hmm.. I'd do #2 first. The new retail patch could wait till after raids are done Although I'd rather farm mats for future #1 stuff.

Yes, nothing to complain about, it was the sweet spot.

Faceroll dungeons were the best thing ever, and no one complained about it. Right.

The rise of the Alt Character Army, because there was so much spare time and it was mindlessly easy.

When just after launch, subscription numbers plateaued hard, for the first time, with no recovery.

No. Wrath was cool for Arthas fans. That's about it. (Ulduar was the only bright spot for me)
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chase_the_mofo View Post
    Cos game was hard in vanilla unlike other expansions, simple as that.
    Pfff
    Hard? It was bugy not hard and we wasted 10 hours per day to get ready for raids we are not that young anymore
    I would preffer BC or Wrath expansions followed by MoP and will put Vanilla just next to WoD both are equal because first was grindy second is to empty

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    Pfff
    Hard? It was bugy not hard and we wasted 10 hours per day to get ready for raids we are not that young anymore
    I would preffer BC or Wrath expansions followed by MoP and will put Vanilla just next to WoD both are equal because first was grindy second is to empty
    TBC was just as tough though. Does being older mean simpler games? Come now, we're not in a nursing home yet!

Guilds I was accustomed with offered game raid credit for those who would farm for them. I liked that. Actually a guild I was in allowed bidding against current raid credit. You bid on dropped items with your raid currency.

Your gold is not good here, was their philosophy. Want more raid credit? -- go to raids and win nothing, farm mats, or donate gold. There was no BS cash shop back then, so when you had gold, you earned it. You didn't buy it. Giving it away meant something.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2016-06-01 at 02:42 AM.