Question Why do we even play WoW?

I've been playing WoW for a bit now and am wondering what keeps other people buying the new expansions? I enjoy helping new players level up and learn more about the game, that's kinda what keeps me playing, but just curious do you pay for new content (gear, raids, races, etc...) or do you enjoy the on going story and lore? Just something I've been thinking about with Legion coming soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    story
    fun
    friends
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Despite how laughable it is at times, I still enjoy Warcraft's story enough to keep me playing.

Roleplay. Friends. PvP on the side. New content, new classes. All that.

Progression kills.

Story, fun, and even when I've seen all the content, collecting pets and mounts and junk like that is relaxing, and a nice way to occupy part of my brain while I use the rest reading websites and watching Netflix, like I am now.

I pretty much always have fun clearing all the quests, checking out the dungeons and leveling my trade skills. Sometimes there's additional content I find worth sticking around for, or patches worth returning for too.

Raiding with my guild
    Mounts
    Pets
    Killing stuff
    Gold
    Story
    Torturing myself with very unhealthy behaviour because HOLY FUDGE I want that mount with a 000.001% drop rate/spawn chance. -_-

In short, WoW is why I play WoW.

Deleted
    Been trying all big MMORPGs and WoW has always been the best to me, that is why I play. Sure I like SP games from time to time or MP games, but nothing feels like an MMO after/before work.

The story isn't the best in WoW, the quests aren't the best in WoW, the combat isn't the best in WoW, but all combined as an MMO is the best for me out there. Simple as. Also having friends and strong community adds a lot as well.

PvE progression, learning new encounters, becoming better as a guild and most importantly: Friends!
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!