Thread: Skinny Shaming

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    i'm 5'8" 100lbs age 29 top that.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    What... no, ideal weight is 150-180lbs for that height o.O.
    Id say 160 is the average.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by smegmage View Post
    Care to link this supposed study?

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/809516

Nowhere in the developed world, are people dying of underweight complications on par with overweight ones. You're not finding a study that says this, because it doesn't exist. Being sedentary =/= underweight, nor can you compare deaths due to low activity levels with obesity, and then argue that underweight people die too.
    Who said anything about underweight? I said low activity was attributed to more deaths than obesity.

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-30812439

This thread makes me feel like I'm a dwarf. Like a wow dwarf.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    An office job is what eventually did it for me.
    This is what happened to me too. I was 5'10 160 pounds, shot up to 230. I'm now 220 but in way better shape than when I was 160.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    No, I'm 5'9.5" and proper weight is actually 155 I think. Anyway I used to have the same problem. I couldn't gain weight past 120. My trick to gain weight was get married, have two kids, and eat out.
    "Proper weight" is the middle of the acceptable weight range. 130 is at the very bottom of the healthy range for 5'10", but is still a healthy BMI.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    No it's not, it's underweight.
    Wrong, it's an 18.7 BMI, and 18.5 is underweight.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    What... no, ideal weight is 150-180lbs for that height o.O.
    Again, ideal isn't the same as healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    lol 130 pounds. Seriously, sometimes I wonder how some of you can even be considered part of the male gender with a woman weight like that.

OP just put on more weight. Getting to 170 is a good start. At least your not some manlet that's like 5'5 lol. You can still look like a man if you actually put on weight.

Being slim is for woman. You don't want to look like a woman. It's good that people are giving you shit for your pathetic weight. Hopefully, it motivates you to fix your weight problem.
    You can't be a real man if you're under 5'5"? Why do I get the distinct feeling that you are just tall enough to clear your own arbitrary cutoff?

15+ Year Old Account
    When I was 18, I was incredibly skinny. I'm 6'4" and, at my lightest, was only 118 pounds. I wasn't trying to be thin, but I wasn't ashamed of it either as I just had a really high metabolism and very active lifestyle. I wasn't shamed for it back then and everything seemed just fine. Now I'm 177 and I feel much better at this weight. At one point, I had been up to 220 for quite a while, but fairly recently lost the weight rather quickly. Looking back at old pictures of me at the 118-135 range, I don't think I looked bad, but I'm quite happy that I don't weigh that little today. For one thing, ita a hell of a lot easier to find clothes that fit at my current weight.

I gotta ask, what is with these threads lately on mmochamp? It's like people have nothing better to do than talk about the same shit over and over. Who really gives a crap what someone else looks like, it's their problem and unless they're looking for help it's up to them to deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Small? 5'10" is the average for men in the US, and 130lbs is a healthy weight for a male that tall.
    No it isn't. It's a BMI of 18.7, which is right on the borderline of underweight.

To the OP's point I agree that there is a certain amount of skinny shaming going on. For example, I'm 5'9" and got up to 175lbs (not by lifting). recently, which is slightly overweight. I began an aggressive program to get my weight under control and was successful. I'm now 165 and have built a lot of muscle while losing a lot of fat, but the entire time I was harassed by fatter people telling me that I was fine and didn't need to work on my body. It's not shaming so much as most people are worse off and so slightly overweight problems are insignificant to them. BMI of 25 means they've won whereas to an average person it's a crisis. They'd be happy to be 5'9" and 175, but to me it was horrifying.

- - - Updated - - -

That doesn't mean that 18.7 isn't a problem. Whether or not they pooped before that weigh in is the difference between "healthy" and "not healthy." Something that borderline still needs to be addressed.
    Last edited by Detritivores; 2016-06-10 at 05:00 AM.

Deleted
    Last edited by mmoc66337a3447; 2016-11-05 at 10:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm a small guy around 5' 10" 130 pounds. All my life i've been made fun of because i'm small. At the gym I get stared at, at the doctor they ask me if i'm eating etc. It seems the media doesn't care if you are skinny. It's all about making fat people feel better, what about us skinny people? I'm a guy but i'd imagine girls get skinny shammed x1000. It's okay to call someone out on being skinny but the moment you call someone fat, you can lose everything. We need to learn to accept skinny people for who they are like we do for fat people.

http://66.media.tumblr.com/7da08c09c...jt4o1_1280.png

http://popspoken.com/wp-content/uplo...ak-600x400.jpg
    What, huh, what? Skinny shamming? Maybe in an alternate universe where Trump is president and America is actually prosperous. That is where you'd find skinny shamming.

No such thing as skinny shaming. But dont fret. When you get older with that gut, you will have more weight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Ill take a slim girl over a big girl any day. Don't worry, I got enough love for all of you.
    Love you young people. I learned at 18 not to fuck around with skinnny girls. Prime example. Last time I had sex with one, pulled out on one of those long dick strokes, go to shove back in and miss, hitting the pelvic bone, broke my damn dick. Yes you can actually break your dick. Ive never been with another skinny chic again. Give me some meat on those bones.

"Proper weight" is the middle of the acceptable weight range. 130 is at the very bottom of the healthy range for 5'10", but is still a healthy BMI.

Again, ideal isn't the same as healthy.
    BMI is useless in this case. When doctors are asking you if you are eating that means you're way below healthy. BMI is to be taken with a huge grain of salt because it's a very general guideline.

To OP: Welcome to the world of fat people. In reality both are undesirable because both bring health problems that we, the rest, have to pay.
    Last edited by Fojos; 2016-06-10 at 06:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I believe that only strong men are useful men and so have all the skinny chicks I've been with. That said op, you are who you are and your genetics is to be a rake handle. You can change if you want to and you can pm me for help on that. But hey skinny guys get great looking chicks still so it's better than being a tub of lard
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.