7+ Year Old Account

Bernie is Not as Good a Candidate as Most People Want to Believe

He really is not. I understand that he is largely popular because he wants to implement free college tuition and healthcare and even even offers ways to pay for them, but he sucks on immigration status. If we start offering free college tuition and free healthcare, then there will be a massive flood on immigrants on our boarders. This will not only steal more jobs from American's, but Bernie would then have to tax people even more to afford the massive influx of immigrants wanting free college and healthcare. I can't believe no one has seen this. People talk about free college and healthcare in a bubble, but they are affected by a multitude of other things. Yes, I understand free college and healthcare sounds nice and has worked for other countries, but major immigration problems need to be sorted first.

Secondly, I know that free college and healthcare has worked for other countries, but those those countries tend to lack in innovation. The United States is the most innovative country in the entire world. We are at the very top of the food chain when it comes to technological marvels, gadgets, and gizmos. These technological innovations contribute a lot to maintain the United States remain as the world's greatest superpower. The in large part the biggest and most profitable companies are American or started in America. If people start asking for increased taxes on these companies for free college and healthcare, then companies are not going to have as much money to invest research and development projects and as a result our country's overall innovation will suffer. If free college and healthcare policies are implemented, then the United States may loose its status as the worlds greatest innovator. Not to mention those major companies will eventually just relocate to another country where the tax burdens are less which will cost Americans a hundreds of thousands, or even millions, of jobs. Which is all thanks to the forces of globalization.

I hate corporations as much as the next person. I think they are nothing but greed mongers, but I can see that no single nation is going to be able to combat major corporations without severe losses to its people. Policing corporations is going to take a world effort, meaning that governments across the globe will have to compromise and come together for the greater goal of improving peoples lives not of their own country but of the entire world. In short policing corporations is ultimately going to take governments and politicians thinking in a much more global perspective instead of only worrying about their own people. Maybe this is the beginning of the need for a global government.

Besides that last part, the first and second paragraph are why Bernie is not as good a candidate as people want to believe. He doesn't think too far ahead about the consequences of his ideas if they are implemented.

There's a Bernie megathread already.

There is no idea conveyed here that's sufficiently important to necessitate a separate thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    And that makes Hillary or Trump the better option?
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    He really is not. I understand that he is largely popular because he wants to implement free college tuition and healthcare and even even offers ways to pay for them, but he sucks on immigration status. If we start offering free college tuition and free healthcare, then there will be a massive flood on immigrants on our boarders. This will not only steal more jobs from American's, but Bernie would then have to tax people even more to afford the massive influx of immigrants wanting free college and healthcare. I can't believe no one has seen this. People talk about free college and healthcare in a bubble, but they are affected by a multitude of other things. Yes, I understand free college and healthcare sounds nice and has worked for other countries, but major immigration problems need to be sorted first.

Secondly, I know that free college and healthcare has worked for other countries, but those those countries tend to lack in innovation. The United States is the most innovative country in the entire world. We are at the very top of the food chain when it comes to technological marvels, gadgets, and gizmos. These technological innovations contribute a lot to maintain the United States remain as the world's greatest superpower. The in large part the biggest and most profitable companies are American or started in America. If people start asking for increased taxes on these companies for free college and healthcare, then companies are not going to have as much money to invest research and development projects and as a result our country's overall innovation will suffer. If free college and healthcare policies are implemented, then the United States may loose its status as the worlds greatest innovator. Not to mention those major companies will eventually just relocate to another country where the tax burdens are less which will cost Americans a hundreds of thousands, or even millions, of jobs. Which is all thanks to the forces of globalization.

I hate corporations as much as the next person. I think they are nothing but greed mongers, but I can see that no single nation is going to be able to combat major corporations without severe losses to its people. Policing corporations is going to take a world effort, meaning that governments across the globe will have to compromise and come together for the greater goal of improving peoples lives not of their own country but of the entire world. In short policing corporations is ultimately going to take governments and politicians thinking in a much more global perspective instead of only worrying about their own people. Maybe this is the beginning of the need for a global government.

Besides that last part, the first and second paragraph are why Bernie is not as good a candidate as people want to believe. He doesn't think too far ahead about the consequences of his ideas if they are implemented.
    Care to try again? Denmark is the only Scandinavian country that ranks behind us in innovation, and not by much. Same with Germany.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

There's already a Bernie Megathread for discussion like this-
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...e-Sanders-2016

So just gonna close this here, please continue the discussion in that thread though!