Page 56 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Sounds a lot like the situation in MoP, actually.

Also, isn't there a chance the LFR drops will be higher ilvl than the default?
    I believe thats true of all drops and quest rewards in legion.

No idea why they even took tier gear out of LFR for WOD, it just made it harder for people to make the leap from LFR to a proper raiding guild because people would look at the LFR specific tier gear and just laugh.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turaska View Post
    No idea why they even took tier gear out of LFR for WOD, it just made it harder for people to make the leap from LFR to a proper raiding guild because people would look at the LFR specific tier gear and just laugh.
    LFR tier gear was endgame raiding for a lot of peole back in MoP. Blizzard mistakenly assumed that by removing tier from LFR in WoD they would naturally get more poeple into higher raid modes. This did not pan out however. So they are backpeddling once more.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    People in LFR cant handle difficulty, thats why they do LFR.
    This isn't entirely true. Although I agree with your generic statement, a lot of people do LFR simply because it is the only difficulty they have the time to allocate to.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    LFR tier gear was endgame raiding for a lot of peole back in MoP. Blizzard mistakenly assumed that by removing tier from LFR in WoD they would naturally get more poeple into higher raid modes. This did not pan out however. So they are backpeddling once more.
    Aye, pretty much. With tier gear (proper tier gear) people can at least apply to guilds and go "look, item level isn't on par with yours but I do for all intensive purposes have the BIS that was available to me" guilds would be more likely to give them a trial. Some guilds don't mind gear and are willing to carry people under certain circumstances but progression guilds generally want people geared and ready to go.

It's a good change, our guild kept turning away people in WOD for that exact reason, because the LFR gear was just terrible, absolutely terrible and we just didn't have time to gear people out.

Deleted
    Fine with me.

Mythic dungeons drop 10 ilvl higher than LFR so we'll be above LFR geared before the first wing even launches.

*rolls eyes* you don't need tier gear to actually start raiding. That's silly.

- - - Updated - - -

Aye, pretty much. With tier gear (proper tier gear) people can at least apply to guilds and go "look, item level isn't on par with yours but I do for all intensive purposes have the BIS that was available to me" guilds would be more likely to give them a trial. Some guilds don't mind gear and are willing to carry people under certain circumstances but progression guilds generally want people geared and ready to go.

It's a good change, our guild kept turning away people in WOD for that exact reason, because the LFR gear was just terrible, absolutely terrible and we just didn't have time to gear people out.
    Guilds aren't going to trial someone who can't even pug normal, at least I know I wouldn't. You want to progress to raiding? How about proving effort first and that yhou didn't afk to 4 set.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Not sure having it at 835 ilvl is a good idea. But whatever.
    I will just watch as the high demands return for normal+ raids.
    People want to move up from lfr to normal will be screwed.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    *rolls eyes* you don't need tier gear to actually start raiding. That's silly.

- - - Updated - - -

Guilds aren't going to trial someone who can't even pug normal, at least I know I wouldn't. You want to progress to raiding? How about proving effort first and that yhou didn't afk to 4 set.
    I didn't say you did 'NEED' it, I said it helps when applying to guilds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    ... No, WoD did that.
    Yeah becouse game was super causla friendly so all other conten tthen raiding died. LFR will do 1 thing. Dungeons and world Q wil becomse aboslote and uselss to do.

See here is your problem. You think everyone who does LFR afk's to there 4pic. The thing you don't realize is its the minority in LFR who do this and its normally those who don't belong in LFR.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    Not sure having it at 835 ilvl is a good idea. But whatever.
    I will just watch as the high demands return for normal+ raids.
    People want to move up from lfr to normal will be screwed.
    Those demands never left. Go look at LFG right now and they are there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    Yeah becouse game was super causla friendly so all other conten tthen raiding died. LFR will do 1 thing. Dungeons and world Q wil becomse aboslote and uselss to do.
    So how is the content that rewards better going to die? Because as it stands when it comes to Legion Endgame LFR loot is under the world bounty quests and mythic dungeons.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    I didn't say you did 'NEED' it, I said it helps when applying to guilds.
    people what run LFR are no interested in ornganized raiding.

There you go speaking for everyone again. Believe it or not some people who do LFR do go into organized raiding after.

A good amount don't but to say all don't is foolish.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

You're wrong. Not everyone that flocks to LFR just wants to be spoon fed loot, you'd be surprised how many people actually hate LFR but feel the need to do it because of social commitments etc that prevent them from doing full time raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    See here is your problem. You think everyone who does LFR afk's to there 4pic. The thing you don't realize is its the minority in LFR who do this and its normally those who don't belong in LFR.

- - - Updated - - -

Those demands never left. Go look at LFG right now and they are there.

- - - Updated - - -

So how is the content that rewards better going to die? Because as it stands when it comes to Legion Endgame LFR loot is under the world bounty quests and mythic dungeons.
    I never said they left. Only that they would return in legion after awhile.

And tier set bonus' are incredibly powerful... Sorry, but LFR doesn't need and shouldn't get tier gear
    i totally bet people clearing mythic+ will be like

dam... should i trade 1481247891724 ilvl for this shitty lfr passive?

such choices...

This is fantastic news! Now they just need to make LFR into 5-man content and we're in business

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    I never said they left. Only that they would return in legion after awhile.
    Ya but that would happen even if LFR dropped cosmetic gear.

Some people feel that getting tier gear in LFR lessens the reward of tier gear from harder raid modes. They're not totally wrong either, Blizz just have to decide if it's worth reducing the sense of reward for those people to give a greater reward to LFR players. It's not a situation with an obviously "correct" answer, whichever way Blizz swings with it some people are going to end up with a less satisfying experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ya but that would happen even if LFR dropped cosmetic gear.
    It will probably happen after the first lfr wing opens