Page 76 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Alts, or not starting the raid race right away? You know not all raiders are no-lifers.
    Can consider LFR a "catchup" use, if that's the case.

You'll get more gear with it, not less.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleavestorm View Post
    But why play the game if you are beating the content by paying cash and not playing ? This isn't a game at that stage.
    That's how some people enjoy games. It's like those individuals that enable cheat codes before beating the game at least once. I find it silly that people enjoy playing that way but to each their own. Just like I hate using any exploits on bosses yet other people have no problem doing so.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    I am quite certain you are lying.
    Im not sure how you can say I'm lying about my personal opinion. But if you need to feel tough on the interwebs, have fun.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Industrial heart of the USSR... now torn apart
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Aren't you a smart one you detected the problem. All it does it put that added difficulty on the shoulders on the few who somewhat want to play and having to carry the trash.
    Why are you whining so much? Find a guild and you won't be stuck in LFR "carrying the trash". I'm proposing how to make LFR better as a system: fewer mechanics that actually kill you but don't insta-wipe the raid. Many people don't want to do hard content, but kicking AFKers isn't hard; you pretty much need to participate a little bit to succeed in normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    It's not 2004. People have lives, jobs, families etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    AFKing 10 matches would get you a set much quicker than RNG loot in raids, especially for groups that were still making their way through the lower raids when seasons 3 and 4 came out.

Not quite sure what you're getting at with kicking in WotLK, I just know that it heroics and VoA git you tier pieces in content that was easier and less interesting than the current LFR.
    The second part is arguable. The wotlk system provides some variety. You could run heroics, run the current raid, run the weekly raid etc etc. Now it's just run whatever flavor of the current raid x4

Was not expecting this change, thought tier was gone for good after WoD. I'm happy for this as it means I can add more items to my transmog collection ^-^

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    One step before cash shop tier sets.
    /facepalm

Sometimes I wonder, how it's possible for people to make such dumb comments.

I am glad Tier sets in LFR is back.
    What I found out is, that most afk players in lfr are the so called "pro-raiders" who go on follow or only do autohit.
    Every Tier the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Duroga View Post
    I am glad Tier sets in LFR is back.
    What I found out is, that most afk players in lfr are the so called "pro-raiders" who go on follow or only do autohit.
    Every Tier the same.
    I afk LFR all the time. Sometimes I just do my opener on my main and then afk, and still finish in top 3. As far as I'm concerned, if that's good enough for other people, it's fine for me. If I'm tanking on an alt I tell the other tank, "you can 1 tank this, you want dps or actually tank?" and then if they don't say anything I tag boss and afk. LFR IS a joke, no matter how you look at it. It kind of does away with the whole easy/normal/hard/etc model of most games and adds on the "don't really try and win" mode. If they add the same type of tier (as I've said, WoD has tier, people just hate it) then that's cool, I just hope they make it less faceroll. It doesn't have to be hard in the least, but at least make it where some participation is required by most people, like Garalon and Amber Shaper. Or they could even add some kind of code that tracks participation (activity) until death (yours or bosses) and doesn't give any kind of reward for anything less than 80%. Could also lead to some hilarity watching people try and kill themselves while staying above that mark just to afk

Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    /facepalm

Sometimes I wonder, how it's possible for people to make such dumb comments.
    Just look at the MMO-C moderation team, there's people that stupid with power.

Who cares if you have to carry people in lfr? Really what's the big deal? If you know how to play & have the gear, smash your buttons and get it over with. It's not like it's difficult. Personally on the rare occasion I run lfr I just turn on some music, do my thing and finish when we finish. If we wipe a few times big freaking deal. The repair bill is still not going to touch a mythic progression boss. So what harm exactly does it do sticking it out for a few wipes in lfr? If it bothers you that much preform a group. It isn't that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    One step before cash shop tier sets.
    You do realize it's been this way before WoD as well right ?
    Getting tier from LFR is not a new thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ejpaints View Post
    Who cares if you have to carry people in lfr? Really what's the big deal? If you know how to play & have the gear, smash your buttons and get it over with. It's not like it's difficult. Personally on the rare occasion I run lfr I just turn on some music, do my thing and finish when we finish. If we wipe a few times big freaking deal. The repair bill is still not going to touch a mythic progression boss. So what harm exactly does it do sticking it out for a few wipes in lfr? If it bothers you that much preform a group. It isn't that hard.
    Why should I have to carry people? I don't care about the dps, but as it stands, why should I have to put more effort into LFR because I have gear? Why imply that because I have higher gear I should have more active time on a boss fight? As I stated earlier, if I do everything I can on my opener, then tab out and just autoattack and still finish in top 3 on damage, I've already put in more work than other people.

For all those people complain about how they are forced to run multiple LFRs with bonus rolls to get tier pieces:

If your guild is that hardcore you should do multiple runs with alts and a few mains to gear mains and you would get that tier pieces faster than LFR, probably even before second wing opens. Also consider mythic 5-mans where you can get higher ilvl offset gear and 6 tier pieces instead 5 which shortens the time to collect 4 pieces to get set bonus. If your guild is not that hardcore, well you don't have to farm LFR if you don't want to.

Not to be rude but you are either dumb to think you have to farm LFR for tiers or you just hate casuals getting gear.

Deleted
    Well, I'm happy about the change. I've never seen the problem with tier in lfr and I've raided just fine on heroic difficulty. I've also not really noticed the "insane amount of afker's" in lfr either. Just do your thing and get over it. I'm pretty convinced that the lack of appeal with wod's lfr caused a lot of people to quit who normally would have been satisfied with that type of experience (like the one in mist) in the game. I mean, I normally ran lfr on my alts at least once a week because I enjoyed it but haven't touched it in wod because of the changes it got. People need to stop feeling so damn self-important and drop the "you don't deserve gear that's still not as good as my gear!'- attitude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    Think it has always been the highest difficulty so just saying mythic now would be fine.

I think legion is going to be actively harmed by its loot system. At this point their is so much rng I think it is going to cause massive burn out.

I just don't understand who the game is even marketed to anymore. With tier in lfr you killed off pretty much all the non raid content. Sure you have mythic + but if it doesn't drop tier as well roughly half the slots you could upgrade are going to be iffy.

...just who wins? The casual player? Won't their game end once lfr opens up and they blow coins to get tier?

Its just why bother making content if at the end of the day just que for lfr is going to be the game for 90% of the players?
    As has been pointed out world.content will still award artifact power and a shot at legendary trinkets. Having said that even if lfr just dwarfed all other non raid content in terms of rewards the solution would.be to have other non raid content award better as well. Ideally through a form of currency acquisition as opposed to rng cause rng is balls and nobody save the developers actually likes the slot machine.

This faux concern for non raid casual content your espousing here is cute but let's call it what it is. A thinly veiled attack on lfr awarding tier in the name of.soncalled non raid casual content. You really don't give a shit about that content or the people that would participate in it. It's just more self.swrrving hardcore bullshit.

I just don't understand who the game is even marketed to anymore. With tier in lfr you killed off pretty much all the non raid content. Sure you have mythic + but if it doesn't drop tier as well roughly half the slots you could upgrade are going to be iffy.

...just who wins? The casual player? Won't their game end once lfr opens up and they blow coins to get tier?

Its just why bother making content if at the end of the day just que for lfr is going to be the game for 90% of the players?
    I feel like your position is based on incomplete information. What killed off all 'non-raid content' in WoD was that there is none. In Legion we already know that outdoor and 5 man content has the chance to reward better than LFR - and this'll really blow your balls off - The 5 mans are directly linked to SKILL and not the RNG boogeyman! Just what you're asking for!

Well this is a fun hypothetical but I can use the same level of rhetoric to scoff about mythic raiding 'ending' once the world first race is over. As you may have already noticed, that argument would be bullshit.

The point of the game is character progression, and, as I've already said, there are sources outside of LFR tier to offer a non-raiding crowd options to continue progressing at a level they are comfortable with.

Casuals are getting more to do in legion than wod even tried. So I'm glad I could put your fears to rest.

I feel sorry for you and all who have to carry people like you.
    I would have rather a mediocre player giving his best, then a selfish "pro-gamer" aka idiot that is afk.
    Plus: I don't believe your telling the truth, that your no. 3 in dmg or that you can solo tank all the bosses in lfr.

You want to know, why Blizzard is boosting lfr? Because it's the most played raid of all of them.
    There are far more people enjoing lfr then people who don't.
    And they would enjoy it even more, if they wouldn't have to carry people like you, who are the real problem of lfr.

Quote Originally Posted by Duroga View Post
    I feel sorry for you and all who have to carry people like you.
    I would have rather a mediocre player giving his best, then a selfish "pro-gamer" aka idiot that is afk.
    Plus: I don't believe your telling the truth, that your no. 3 in dmg or that you can solo tank all the bosses in lfr.

You want to know, why Blizzard is boosting lfr? Because it's the most played raid of all of them.
    There are far more people enjoing lfr then people who don't.
    And they would enjoy it even more, if they wouldn't have to carry people like you, who are the real problem of lfr.
    Didn't say all bosses, if I miscommunicated I apologize, but on fights like Council where they don't immune next to the female like normal+, or Iskar, Assault, and many others, it's very easy to 1 tank if you have even BRF LFR gear.
    As far as #3 damage, this has also happened. Does it happen every time I go into LFR? Of course not, but when it does, then by all rights and purposes, I've put in more work than others in much less time.
    I realize I come off as jaded, but let's face it, just because I have mythic gear and need to do LFR for Valor when it first came out, does not mean I'm required to put any more effort into it than the guy who joins at minimum ilvl. If I have 99% uptime on the fight and most of the others are sitting at 50% or less, I'm not going to start putting forth even MORE effort to carry them thru it. When I'm in LFR's where I see people trying, then yes, I'll have more reason to also try, but I don't queue to carry, I queue to get it done and over with. I also have enough awareness to see who's actually doing anything, and if people aren't, then I also won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    When I'm in LFR's where I see people trying, then yes, I'll have more reason to also try, but I don't queue to carry, I queue to get it done and over with. I also have enough awareness to see who's actually doing anything, and if people aren't, then I also won't.
    See the problem I always have with this attitude is you're clearly so resentful you "have" (insert skepticism here) to be there, yet by tabbing out you are ensuring it will take longer than if you just swallowed a little bit of that pride and blasted the mobs down.

I hate being at the dentist so I don't spend my time lying face down on the dental chair to show them who's REALLY the boss in the office.