Unhappy OS installation trouble

Built a new computer, have done this a few times now. This time though the OS (windows 10 home, even tried windows 8 tho hoping it was just the disk or something and I would just upgrade to 10 with my key) will not instal. I can get to the instal now screen, sometimes a little bit further even but then out of no where it just jumps back to the instal now screen. Any tips/ideas?

What do you mean by jumps back to the install screen? Which bit, exactly?

Pretty much after the windows logo while loading, your first option is "install now" or restart computer. I hit install now and it starts setting up for a second or two then back to install now screen. Sometimes it will let me pick the drive to install on but shortly after that its back to install now. I tried making a cd, bootable usb, and even legit microsoft cd but same deal.

Is your HDD/SSD formatted?

no, can not make it that far. Doable from bios maybe? Did not see an option in there

10+ Year Old Account
    Shouldn't matter if your drive is formatted or not. However, if there is a problem (faulty) with the drive that might be an issue.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Tried today again, got to the drive, formatted and partitioned it. started install, stopped shortly in tho saying some files are missing. Gonna grab a new HD and try today.

- - - Updated - - -

OK not the HD. Did get an error code to go off of this time at least, 0xC0000005. This and some googling got me to check the RAM sticks one at a time. Ram test showed no error btw, but I have had bad ram that did that so I tried them alone. One let me get much farther than before, no more resetting to the instal now screen but actually installing it before it would error out. The other alone and it would not recognize anything plugged in, optic drive, key board or mouse. So I am going to try new Ram tomorrow since it is not the same ddr I use in this computer, but what I am worried is the motherboard is bad, since 2 bad rams is really not likely right? Anything I can do before I head out and buy more ram?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm having a little difficulty following what exactly you did..

Have you tried BOTH sticks of ram individually in BOTH slots, to verify that neither stick is bad (or good) and neither slot is bad
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by Zabatakis View Post
    no, can not make it that far. Doable from bios maybe? Did not see an option in there
    do you have a floppy drive?

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I'm having a little difficulty following what exactly you did..

Have you tried BOTH sticks of ram individually in BOTH slots, to verify that neither stick is bad (or good) and neither slot is bad
    I did not, tried them each one at a time in the 1 slot. Figured if I put them in 2-4 it would not work anyway right?

There is a possibility the RAM is not compatible with the motherboard, a bios update could fix it if there is one available.

I had to do it with my new PC, hard to say without knowing what parts you actually have.

This is my mobo and here is the ram

Edit: linked Ram twice

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    do you have a floppy drive?
    Not installed. Maybe one hanging around here, not sure.
    Last edited by Zabatakis; 2016-05-27 at 03:43 PM.

It was the RAM. Got off my lazy butt and bought some new ones and it works fine now. Not sure if old one was bad or just not compatible or w/e.