Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Seriously, are you bothered by game commercials on television lately?

When I watch cable, mostly sports, I like to fucking enjoy myself different. Despite liking video games, I believe at heart they're really for kids or teenagers. So it's no surprise that being bombarded by advertisements for Overwatch or to a lesser extent, Uncharted 4 between almost every break royally annoys my ass. Over and over again, seeing the same kiddy ads to where I can remember Tracer saying "don't worry loves" before she even says it because I recognize the commercial that fucking much. Seriously, before it was a mild nuisance when (interestingly) Naughty Dog was shitting up my tv with that Last of Us crap before Uncharted.

I understand the point of marketing like this in a way, but c'mon, no adults are gonna take video games seriously or think it's hip so keep it away from TV.
    Last edited by YUPPIE; 2016-05-26 at 12:00 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you understand the video game demographics.

Deleted
    barely on topic : I don't have any television, so no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    When I watch cable, mostly sports, I like to fucking enjoy myself. Despite liking video games, I believe at heart they're really for kids or teenagers. So it's no surprise that being bombarded by advertisements for Overwatch or to a lesser extent, Uncharted 4 between almost every break royally annoys my ass. Over and over again, seeing the same kiddy ads to where I can remember Tracer saying "don't worry loves" before she even says it because I recognize the commercial that fucking much. Seriously, before it was a mild nuisance when (interestingly) Naughty Dog was shitting up my tv with that Last of Us crap before Uncharted.

I understand the point of marketing like this in a way, but c'mon, no adults are gonna take video games seriously or think it's hip so keep it away from TV.
    You realize you're in a minority, right? That uh. There are 30 year olds that are more into gaming than 14 year olds. I know it's scary to think about, but they exist and will continue to exist, especially as the 90's kids that are now in their 20's get older.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

I honestly hadn't noticed. I do notice the Dame Lillard commercials, cuz they be funny. NO GOOD CLIPPER.

And how that I've started seeing Draymond Green commercials, just as he is shitting the bed.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    maybe the problem is that there are just too many ads on tv? or that you watch too much tv
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Deleted
    T-television?

Deleted
    I'm not even sure what your point is, but the avg gamer is about 35 years wether you believe it or not

http://www.theesa.com/about-esa/industry-facts/

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    maybe the problem is that there are just too many ads on tv? or that you watch too much tv
    I don't watch too much television sir, usually just at night or the evening.

But yeah, the same kiddy game ads aggressively forced down your neck even as you are making coffee to hear it in the distance...I'd also like to add how much they spammed Quantum Break ads for a while too. Is this the new trend to try to make games seem relevant in social media?

What is this television...
    Wait, that old electric box that rich and powerful people use to lie to citizens and sell them useless garbage? Man, I thought those died out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lunarath View Post
    I'm not even sure what your point is, but the avg gamer is about 35 years wether you believe it or not

http://www.theesa.com/about-esa/industry-facts/
    Depends on the definition of gamer. Playing angry birds for 20 minutes during commute vs. spending 13 hours a day playing competitive Starcraft.

Deleted
    Why would you watch much less pay for television?

15+ Year Old Account
    Why would you pay for TV in 2016 when you can watch any show online for free without any commercials?

10+ Year Old Account
    Your tv doesnt have a watch-back speedup? I would get another company.

When i watch something i just speed up 66X speed on comercials.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    No, since I haven't watched television since 2008.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

video game commercials dont piss me off nearly as much as the star wars make up commercial that was going around before TFA released. nerd culture needs to die so that i can go back to living my normal shut in life, STOP INVITING ME TO YOUR PARTIES! IM A NERD CUZ I LIKE STAYING HOME FUCK!

but yeah. "cheers love, the cavalry's here!" How did Tracer become the face of overwatch? its not like shes even the cute one. Pharah, rocket me to the moon, baby!
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I also don't like to download shows and movies from questionable websites or use torrents... or whatever it is.
    when it comes to tv shows I don't download anything, search couchtuner on google, they have streaming links of around 100 different shows and new episodes are up within a few hours after they air on TV. Even Game of Thrones and Supernatural

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    This, people, is the face of ignorance.

Deleted
    As someone who finds out about most games from TV adverts and then looks them up after; I am very thankful for them!

When I watch cable, mostly sports, I like to fucking enjoy myself different. Despite liking video games, I believe at heart they're really for kids or teenagers. So it's no surprise that being bombarded by advertisements for Overwatch or to a lesser extent, Uncharted 4 between almost every break royally annoys my ass. Over and over again, seeing the same kiddy ads to where I can remember Tracer saying "don't worry loves" before she even says it because I recognize the commercial that fucking much. Seriously, before it was a mild nuisance when (interestingly) Naughty Dog was shitting up my tv with that Last of Us crap before Uncharted.

The average gamer is in their 30s now so I'm not sure why you think adults aren't going to take video games seriously.