Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Not when there are literally hundreds of guides he can use to set up TSM with a little research.

Your suggestion of soloing raids is equally unhelpful, since with the characters he mentioned he won't be able to get 50k in a month of playing that way.

That means the only way to get 50k for him in a month is to learn to use the AH and flip things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

Deleted
    Farm linen cloth from elwynn forest and sell it in trade chat.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post
    Not when there are literally hundreds of guides he can use to set up TSM with a little research.

Your suggestion of soloing raids is equally unhelpful, since with the characters he mentioned he won't be able to get 50k in a month of playing that way.

That means the only way to get 50k for him in a month is to learn to use the AH and flip things.
    Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post
    the only way
    I described a dozen* ways.

None of which require further research.

Posting here, he is unlikely to follow up with a TSM research spree.

- - - Updated - - -

"now it doesn't see like I'll have enough time to make the amount of gold I'd need to buy tokens." -- Other than coming across a bunch of amazing deals or amazing luck while farming, seems he's not got the time anyway.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    I have an argument. You decided to clip it in your quote. Also, read my response to @JemiS above.
    Yes, I clipped it because I wasn't answering to that. Now I will answer to that. It's completely your own unsupported personal assumption that he can't do it, possibly because you have low expectations of him for some reason, which is obviously wrong because you do not know him.

Setting up TradeSkillmaster is not the hardest job in the world and many people can do it.

The usual excuse is time-constrains, but it might be more time-wasting to farm items.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Unsupported personal assumption? I think anyone can assume with high probability, nearing certainty, that a player who has skipped 2 expansions nas no idea how to work the market (does he even know what are the basic crafting materials for those 2 expansions, for example), know what TSM is, or even know fundamental economic game issues (for example, AH available to both factions). You're the one who offered vague propositions (l2ah, research addons) without even pointing to some guides to help him. You were called for it. Also, retarded advice equals not retarded person. Unless you made that correlation yourself, so, it must be true for you.

Also, if you wanna play the reason/logic game, it is your own unsuported personal assumption he even understood your vague advice. When you're not aware of someone's level of education, you start from the base and go up, you don't ask him to explain Einstein's Theory of Relativity to determine his level of knowledge, without even asking him if he has ever studied Physics. I hope you're capable enough to understand the analogy here.

I'm not saying your advice was wrong. But saying to a returning player "l2AH", "google guide to addons" is like saying "Sweden is North, start walking". I'd personally tell this guy that he'd need a GPS device (TSM), point him to the manual (guides) and tell him where the train station/airports are (guides to garrisons and professions in WOD). Why didn't i do it? Beacuse he "need to know how to make gold quickly". And you can't go to sweden quickly without funds or preparation.
    Last edited by Fabinas; 2016-05-28 at 09:26 AM.

Unsupported personal assumption? I think anyone can assume with high probability, nearing certainty, that a player who has skipped 2 expansions nas no idea how to work the market (does he even know what are the basic crafting materials for those 2 expansions, for example), know what TSM is, or even know fundamental economic game issues (for example, AH available to both factions). You're the one who offered vague propositions (l2ah, research addons) without even pointing to some guides to help him. You were called for it. Also, retarded advice equals not retarded person. Unless you made that correlation yourself, so, it must be true for you.

Also, if you wanna play the reason/logic game, it is your own unsuported personal assumption he even understood your vague advice. When you're not aware of someone's level of education, you start from the base and go up, you don't ask him to explain Einstein's Theory of Relativity to determine his level of knowledge, without even asking him if he has ever studied Physics. I hope you're capable enough to understand the analogy here.

I'm not saying your advice was wrong. But saying to a returning player "l2AH", "google guide to addons" is like saying "Sweden is North, start walking". I'd personally tell this guy that he'd need a GPS device (TSM), point him to the manual (guides) and tell him where the train station/airports are (guides to garrisons and professions in WOD). Why didn't i do it? Beacuse he "need to know how to make gold quickly". And you can't go to sweden quickly without funds or preparation.

Personally I don't have to earn gold, but since you seem to know a lot, what is the fastest way to increase the Ilevel of a fresh level 100 character? Is Tanaan the way to go, or maybe pvp? Or something else entirely?

Quote Originally Posted by Malacras View Post
    Personally I don't have to earn gold, but since you seem to know a lot, what is the fastest way to increase the Ilevel of a fresh level 100 character? Is Tanaan the way to go, or maybe pvp? Or something else entirely?
    Ashran is the fastest. If you're in a good group, stick with the main pack. If you're in a bad group, try another one or run around collecting the "treasures".

Deleted
    garrisons setup with alts would be as many hav posted abit of a long shot since time is a factor. The next step would be activies where he can sell his services for gold pvp or in pve content. but best plan now i'd say is save the RLM now do some read up on Legion and during the pre launch get lvling alt's and other toons so he can get on the gold wagon at the start of legion.

but if he's dead set on playing now and setting up shop, Gold is about time. Time spent on AH or time spent in Raids or BG's.

Get a minimum wage job. Work two hours. Pay your subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by kanezfan View Post
    Thanks for the info. My goal is to play the game for free and it doesn't look I'll be able to do that right now. I was prepared to sub for a month to be able to farm stuff but now it doesn't see like I'll have enough time to make the amount of gold I'd need to buy tokens.
    If you get 2 characters to level 100, spend a couple of days in Taanan jungle, you will be able to earn over 20k per week with those two (10k with each) easily. So you can do it, just give it a go ^_^

Or even with one char, if its good with soloing, you can probably make a enough gold to have a token next month, and by that time you can level and gear up second char.

Ignore garrison, I don't think it will make you any profit since you need to invest nice amount of gold in them to start.

Just clear Firelands, BoT, DS on 25HC every week, kill Kazzak for felblight and find some constant gold farm spot for when you are locked out of everything.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Depends on your main/other alt status. Personally, i have never geared any of my 12 recently (levelled to 100 since January) alts through Ashran, because i was sitting on a ton of BoE baleful gear from the Shityards/Dungeon Satchels from my other 7 alts (levelled since 6.0/6.1). If that is not the case for you, Ashran is really really faster than Tanaan (plus rep with the relevant Ashran faction). Take advanatage of the timewalking events as well. With the bonus 500 TW seals you can buy all the 675 gear each event offers for your class/spec and have leftovers as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    Ashran is the fastest. If you're in a good group, stick with the main pack. If you're in a bad group, try another one or run around collecting the "treasures".
    Depends on your main/other alt status. Personally, i have never geared any of my 12 recently (levelled to 100 since January) alts through Ashran, because i was sitting on a ton of BoE baleful gear from the Shityards/Dungeon Satchels from my other 7 alts (levelled since 6.0/6.1). If that is not the case for you, Ashran is really really faster than Tanaan (plus rep with the relevant Ashran faction). Take advanatage of the timewalking events as well. With the bonus 500 TW seals you can buy all the 675 gear each event offers for your class/spec and have leftovers as well.
    Thanks for the input!

I tried Ashran yesterday, and um... what is this mess? Guess I also have to read a guide about it because I don't understand the objectives at all. Looks like 2 big groups just shooting at each other and sometimes there is a boss following one group or something...? It seems my teammates were equally lost, considering how "no leader?" was a common comment.

Jesus, and I thought people said this game became more casual friendly! Now I have to google for an Ashran guide!

Thanks for the input!

I tried Ashran yesterday, and um... what is this mess? Guess I also have to read a guide about it because I don't understand the objectives at all. Looks like 2 big groups just shooting at each other and sometimes there is a boss following one group or something...? It seems my teammates were equally lost, considering how "no leader?" was a common comment.

Jesus, and I thought people said this game became more casual friendly! Now I have to google for an Ashran guide!
    It can be overwhelming at first, especially with the one-time quests sending you all over the place, all the bonus objectives on the map and everything else that gets announced in chat. Basically it's just a main battle in the middle where you have to cap flags until you get to the enemy base and kill the leader there. The battle will reset by itself. The other main activity are the events, there are 4 or 5 of those and they're all on a timer. Everything else is just a side activity and that includes bonus objectives, treasures, rares, etc.
    Usually one side dominates the other. If a common comment is "no leader?", you are obviously not on the dominating side. At that point you either ditch the group and re-queue, or you go farm fragments by collecting treasures and finishing bonus objectives on the map (most are easily soloed). Fragments are turned in at your base for honor. There are various NPCs you can turn them in to and they'll give progress to boosts for your factions. I never bother and just pick whatever NPC is closest.
    If you are dominating, follow the main group and get conquest/honor just thrown at you. If you are melee just stick with the ranged and stun/grip enemies that get close enough. A low geared melee is otherwise pointless in big battles.

Deleted
    I made my first million prostituting myself in The Drag but that might only work on RP realms.

Quote Originally Posted by orgonutil View Post
    the best thing to make money is to have many lvl 100 alts and do the garrisson missions, but now will take a lot to have all followers with trasure hunter and 3 with ilvl 675 and mrore 7 with ilvl 651 to the best rewards, it isnot worth.
    Now its not worth it as Garrisons will not be making any gold after legion drops. The best way to make gold currently is running Naxx - > Uld -> ICC -> Grim Batol -> Blackwing Descent -> Firelands -> Dragonsoul. you can make upwards of 7-10k a week per character doing this on 25man heroic.
    Last edited by Nefroz; 2016-06-03 at 03:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    Blizzard are currently making a gap between skillfull casuals, and skillfull hardcores, because, lets be honest here, you don't need skill to go up into raiding, just basic knowledge, casual players are currently blocked by this huge wall, this wall is called the time sink wall, which is NOT what the casuals want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Farm stuff. It's too late to level a bunch of alts for garrison farming - hell it's probably too late to even do your main, since you can only recruit 1 treasure hunter per week. I expect the pre-patch will drop mid to late July so perhaps 6 weeks left for gold garrison missions. 12 weeks only if they allow gold missions to continue to August 30 instead of ending them at the pre-patch release day.

Anyway. Farm stuff. Lots of good ideas above - farm Cataclysm raids for cash, vendor stuff, AH stuff, farm all the old raids that might drop pets. If you mine, and you can tolerate farming that, there's always money to be made with certain ores.

Or, just buy a token in the cash shop and sell it for... 48k today.

Just wanted to say for garrison set up- it's actually faster than it used to be, depending on luck while leveling.

My last few alts to 100 have rolled 5-8 TH just in the followers I picked up leveling and in TJ, or as they leveled up to epic. It's meant that I've been able to get a decent amount of cash just as soon as I finished leveling the followers. Similarly, it's not huge, but just having an alt with the JC building still makes a few hundred gold per day- not immense, but pretty consistent flow with low setup cost.

I know my view was biased to using the Inn, since most of my original garrisons were set up before TH was in the game, so none of my original followers had it.

I created a DK on a new realm about a month ago, gave it a bit in seed money via garrison pets I had duplicates of, and am sitting on around 40k atm with a fleshed out garrison that's making pretty good money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

Hi I'm a long term player and would like to know to, still haven't learnt to make gold playing for 12 years.

I end up leveling all my characters to make level and pretty much using that gold for the expansion. Then a tier patch comes out that includes higher ilevel crafting gear and BoEs and I never have the gold to get them.

I have quite literally made bank transmuting Living steel with the riddle of steel recipe and transmutation mastery. Truegold also makes profit and so does Transmuting the saronite ores. If you want to make Alchemy as main profession I would highly recommend doing so because I leveled alchemy 1-700 completely free. IF you want to level I highly recommend this article How to level Alchemy 1-700 completely free and possibly make gold while doing it

There is no way to make a shit ton of gold quickly in WoW today, unless you happen to be a hot shit PvPer who can do carries or not-legit piloting, or are the girl/boyfriend of some hot shit Mythic raider whose raid is doing carries.

If you have a few months then your options are considerably increased.