Deleted

Destruction dps seems so low ...

I have no idea what am i doing wrong, but my Destru lock is in full PvP gear right now, mostly itlvl 700 and weapon and few pieces itlv 710. Dmg in PvP is just awesome if setted right but when i start on my training dummy, i just can't pass 22 k dps single target!
    You will say PvP gear is a reason, but i have Mage and Assassination Rogue, both in PvP gear (mixture 700 and 710itlv) and i can easily get 30k + on Assassination and 33 - 37 dps on my Fire/Arcane Mage.
    How can it be such a big difference? I just want to do some raids but i feel so frustrated with such a low numbers ...
    I play with Charred Remains talent, GoSac, stuck mastery as much as i can, and, oh, i don't have 4 piece pvp set bonus yet. Maybe i should go for that 50% stronger Incinerates?
    My rotation is situational: Immolate up, Conflagrate, 3 x Incinerate or until i get 4 embers, than CB x 4 times or less, depends, + trinket and Dark Soul.
    Even in PvP gear i should get much higher dps numbers ...
    Is it normal that destro is so far behind Mage and Rogue with just a little weaker gear? Or destro is just very pve gear dependant?

Numbers that low have to be something you are doing, not the gear.

I'm not a pvper so i haven't touched a pvp item these last few expansions but i'm pretty sure they made it so pvp gear and pve gear of the same item lvls had the same stat budget unlike when pvp gear was weaker in the past due to pvp stats being on them.
    Last edited by Fenzha; 2016-05-27 at 02:38 AM.

I suggest you read this in full, maybe a couple times so you fully understand it:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Warlock-Guide

1) pvp gear only scales to 740 ilvl (full 710) when in pvp, thus the reason why it feels good in pvp
    2) Why it feels underpowered on a training dummy? Because if you have 4x embers and you cast all 4 on a dummy no way rogue or mage would come even close to dps numbers, desto is a class which pools embers and then turrets 3 chaos bolts(with instability buff), rinse and repeat. Charred remains debuff rest of skills except chaos bolt, so those are only used to build up embers as fast as possible.
    3) you best gear stat combo is crit/mastery or crit/versatility, currently it is possible to get full gear with those stats, except for rings. If you have other stats, you _will_ suck. Proper gearing makes a huge difference.

In pvp it is truly bad if your opponent can interrupt your chaos bolt, thus better play affliction if you do arenas. Destro is really a fun, big number spec, which requires good portal management (wondered why pvp piece set says that after portal you get huge amount of versatility?).

Deleted
    Thanks, guys
    Yeah, maybe my stats are the case ... I can't get rid of Haste for now. Almost every PvP piece of gear has or Haste or Multistrike, two of the most hated stats for destro. Anyway i'm at 24k-25k dps right now. Still low. As Affliction with same gear i do around 27-28k dps. 33- 37k on Mage. Oh, and maybe numbers on my Mage are so much higher because Mage hits two training dummies with his most powerful CD spells:P But that is not the case with my Rogue.

(wondered why pvp piece set says that after portal you get huge amount of versatility?).
    This is Affliction 4 pvp set bonus, Destruction gets 50% increased Incinerate dmg on target affected by Immolate. I don't have 4 piece set yet, just because of two much haste and multistrike. Maybe i should go for it ... 50% stronger Incinerate should worth at least 2k additional dps to compensate with loosing some Mastery and crit ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sifu View Post
    Thanks, guys
    Yeah, maybe my stats are the case ... I can't get rid of Haste for now. Almost every PvP piece of gear has or Haste or Multistrike, two of the most hated stats for destro. Anyway i'm at 24k-25k dps right now. Still low. As Affliction with same gear i do around 27-28k dps. 33- 37k on Mage. Oh, and maybe numbers on my Mage are so much higher because Mage hits two training dummies with his most powerful CD spells:P But that is not the case with my Rogue.

This is Affliction 4 pvp set bonus, Destruction gets 50% increased Incinerate dmg on target affected by Immolate. I don't have 4 piece set yet, just because of two much haste and multistrike. Maybe i should go for it ... 50% stronger Incinerate should worth at least 2k additional dps to compensate with loosing some Mastery and crit ...
    Sorry, I could have misremembered what the bonuses are, but anyway, that bonus is useless as charred remains debuff all spells except chaos bolt, your mastery increases all damage and crit increases damage of chaos bolt even further. (as currently you don't have proper gear, it means your chaos bolts are weak, which explains why you got bad dps compared to other classes) It is worth to mention, that for destro you don't need 4p bonus or 2p bonus, because they are bad and individual items have the perfect stats for desto, you might want to spec away from charred remains if you fancy the 4p set.

Change all your gear and you will be good to go as destro, if not - look at other two spec (no idea the stat prio for them)

I love my destro since green fire quest (while it was still hard), destro brings most green fire spells out of all 3 specs.

P.S. use glyphed havoc, if your mage is hitting two targets, 4 chaos bolts with 2 casts (not counting multistrikes)

Quote Originally Posted by Sperrow View Post
    P.S. use glyphed havoc, if your mage is hitting two targets, 4 chaos bolts with 2 casts (not counting multistrikes)
    Don't use Glyph of Havoc. It's strictly worse than just precasting Havoc. Unless you're questing and only killing 2 mobs every 35 seconds.

If you want to try something different do this:

Get pvp set bonus (50% dmg increase to incinerate).

Unglyph dark soul

Talent into Demonic Servitude and Grimoire of Service

Try doing normal rotation, your major burst cd will be :

1.) cap 4 embers
    2.) Dark soul-> Grimoire of Service:Doomguard
    3.)Dump Chaos bolts

Try this and see if your dps increases.

Closing this. There are two threads stickied at the top of the forum that can help you, one of which is linked already by @zvvl. The other one is: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...EAD-FIRST-POST which you can also get help if needed.