Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The answer is 'yes and no', of course.

People make mistakes, accidents happen, things don't work out as they had hoped, emotion overrides rational thought, etc. That doesn't make people "stupid" per se. They're just people. People are not perfectly rational robotic beings.
    well they should be and this world wouldn't be as awful as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    What do you define as fertile periods? Pretty sure even we can only conceive during 1/3 of the month in most cases.
    Yes, but, a woman can get pregnant any time of the year.

http://www.chinahighlights.com/giant...life-cycle.htm

Not the case with many other mammals, panda bears being an extreme example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    What do you define as fertile periods? Pretty sure even we can only conceive during 1/3 of the month in most cases.
    Only because the system is flushing that ovulation and prepping the next round.

Most mammals have an estrous cycle, where the females go into estrus and become receptive to procreation. Humans don't. Human females have a menstrual cycle, which is completely different, and precisely because sex is such an important social tool for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    You know, seeing how much parental neglect (and that's putting it nicely) runs rampant among other horrible things.
    Because you know, you need a driving licence to drive a car, but you don't need any permission to have a child. Even if someone's personality, life situation, or other traits makes them completely unfit for a parent, they are still allowed to be one.

Plus the evolution is a blind force that doesn't care about anyone's quality of life, only reproduction and survival. All living beings mindlessly breed and then some survive, and some don't. Kinda by trial and error. We humans might try to put some reigns on it, make sense of it and try to plan stuff in a better manner than just spew endless offsprings and check how many survive akin to mosquitos or trees or some other living beings. But the instinct is there even though it doesn't work in our favour - we don't live any more in a world where we should produce endless amounts of kids because 50% will die before their first year and another 50% of remaining ones will never reach adulthood and spread the genes further.

In the current civilized world quality matters more than quantity, but the evolution didn't program us that way.

The world has always been about as 'awful' as it is now. Humans were never some noble majestic being in ages past.

While nature itself has no concern or cause for quantifiers of value- the universe is indifferent and absurd to the byproduct of kinetic energy.

Things will probably be the same 50 years from now, by the way. Right now, the message boards of future are the dialectic result of some dude(s) with an idealized sense of themselves, the past or tradition making a thread about how the world is going to hell in a hand basket.

There are a lot of hand baskets in hell.

I had sex with my wife this morning. Forgot to lock the door. Daughter walked in mid stroke. So yes , kids are an after thought sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    People have fucked throughout all history with the primary purpose of fucking is fucking awesome. "Planning to have a child" or "thinking of having a child" while having sex is a relatively new thing.
    "Trying to have a baby" sex is the worst. chick checking her ovulation calendar and temperature because some dime store book told her it would help. No emotion, no passion, no intimacy. Give me your juices then go back to playing wow.

Edit - also, if game of thrones has taught us anything , making an heir (namely a son) was a pretty big deal back in the day. See also- Henry 8th
    Last edited by Kapadons; 2016-05-27 at 04:33 AM.

The world has always been about as 'awful' as it is now. Humans were never some noble majestic being in ages past.

While nature itself has no concern or cause for quantifiers of value- the universe is indifferent and absurd to the existence of the byproduct of kinetic energy.

Things will probably be the same 50 years from now, by the way. Right now, the message boards of future are the dialectic result of some dude(s) with an idealized sense of themselves, the past or tradition making a thread about how the world is going top hell in a hand basket.

There are a lot of hand baskets in hell.
    That's why I wish we lived in the Fallout universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Isn't the argument usually that guys dont think it feels good with a condom or they're uncomfortable or something? And that's why they often arent used
    This is 100% truth. I don't even fuck if I have to use one because it's a waste of my time, can't even cum. You can still be smart ahead of time, make sure the woman is on the same page as you, talk about birth control, morning after, female contraception or even pre agree on abortion if need be.

That's why I wish we lived in the Fallout universe.
    Well, that's pretty edgy I suppose.

May your wishes come true, natch.

There are definitely people out there that should not be having children. I'm taking a graduate course entitled Trauma and Crisis Intervention this term, which basically revolves around the topic of child abuse and neglect. It is by far the most depressing course I have ever taken. Basically one heart-breaking story of crisis intervention by child welfare workers after another.

A lot of the people in this course work in child trauma already. Here's a short snippit from a discussion board from the course for this week (this one is from a primary school teacher):

For example, I once had a student who was always self-deprecating, about everything! I never knew why until I met his family, where I discovered that the family had given my student a nickname: “Worth”. When I asked my student why his family called him Worth (that was nowhere close to his name), he said it’s because he used to always play outside when he was little, and his family would always ask, “Where’s Worth?” I told him I didn’t understand the connection, and my student began to cry. After a hug, he told me that his family always continued on with their lives even when he was in the yard, so his mom thought he was worthless. My heart shattered for this little boy, how could a parent tell him he was worthless, and then it becomes a nickname that becomes the joke of the family.
    Some of these stories are truly devastating...people assume that physical abuse is worse than emotional abuse but really it's the other way around, the emotional scars from neglect/trauma take far longer to heal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pawstruck View Post
    Wow, the high philosophy of late night MMOC...

Did you ever think that maybe sex was purposed for procreation, and that viewing children as a burden or negative outcome is modern and unhelpful? that maybe careless stupidity is the result of casting off any semblance of moral ordering with reference to sex? But yeah, let's keep touting the "it's mah bodeh I can do who I want" Miley Cyrus mentality and then act shocked when bad things happen....
    I'm sure everyone cares about your missionary genes.

not

Here's how you can tell if you are mature enough to be having sex: If everytime you have sex you are ok with it producing a child go for it, if not you probably shouldn't be having sex

10+ Year Old Account
    The world isn't awful; it is quite amazing, in my opinion. And one of the things that makes it so amazing is diversity. If everyone was a perfectly rational robotic being, then life would be quite boring, repetitive and predictable.

And yes, Fencers is right. All people make mistakes, for whatever reasons. Calling them stupid or dumb because of that means that everyone is stupid and dumb, rendering these terms obsolete.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    Here's how you can tell if you are mature enough to be having sex: If everytime you have sex you are ok with it producing a child go for it, if not you probably shouldn't be having sex
    Wtf sort of nonsense advice is this? I don't have time to think about children while I'm passing out bjs and handies at truck stops, Fang.

People are not perfectly rational robotic beings.
    Our Robot Overlords will fix that if we just give them a few generations and access to the nuclear launch codes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    That might've made sense in 1816. But it's 2016. Contraceptives and abortions are safe and plentiful.

Sex feels good. Thinking of the children is the last thing people think about.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudkobing View Post
    Sex feels good. Thinking of the children is the last thing people think about.
    Agreed. Talk about a mood-killer.

We SHOULD be talking about contraceptive methods and access to contraception, however. We are seeing right now in Texas what changes to access to contraceptive care has on birth rates.

At my current job location I have 27 employees and 3 of them are pregnant. One with a guy she had just met, one with her part time boyfriend that she has split up with 4 times that i know of ( and he split after finding out) they other is 20 with her longtime boyfriend but they both felt they didn't want kids. None of the girls took birth control and none used condoms as a regular form of contraceptive. Never mind the std aspect of not using condoms but I always wonder about them " is it a big secret how people get pregnant ? Is it some mystery I take for granted" like if you have unprotected sex numerous times,without any form of contraceptive, the chances grow increasingly higher that a little assshole will pop out 40weeks later

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Wtf sort of nonsense advice is this? I don't have time to think about children while I'm passing out bjs and handies at truck stops, Fang.
    I just lol'd so hard I woke up my wife. Thanks for that.

Deleted
    Just logging in on facebook makes me think i am the only one who is not preggy..

I am a man btw. Seen some seriously wierd shit in there..