Page 1 of 3
LastLast

They already tried WoW2, everyone hated it.

Or do you not remember Cataclysm?

Sorry, I know, semi-OT, but I keep seeing "WoW 2" cropping up in certain areas and I can't imagine another time on the planet that could cause the perfect storm that was WoW to happen again.

Deleted
    We had WoW 2.0. We are at 6.0 right now. Legion is 7.0.

if you think an increase in difficulty and a few modified zones is equal or close to WoW2, well...that's just dumb.

Deleted
    I liked cata, second best x-pack after tbc 7/10.

Also your op is idiotic and completely misses the point of what a "wow 2" would look like.

Cataclysm was fine until they started chopping content out of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Calimon-ZJ View Post
    if you think an increase in difficulty and a few modified zones is equal or close to WoW2, well...that's just dumb.
    Most if not all zones were modified; if not visualy and geographicaly then at least the questing experience.

OP; No, not everyone hated it. I, for one, enjoyed it a lot.

Deleted
    I'm not sure how you could come to conclusion that Cataclysm = WoW2. They redid zones in old world, so what? It was still same game, same characters. Furthermore, that revamp changed leveling experience into single player game, which is something that those players that mention WoW2 do not want.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    We had WoW 2.0. We are at 6.0 right now. Legion is 7.0.
    Cpt. Obvious to the rescue! WoW patch 2.0 <> WoW2. Game name did not change in expansions.

7+ Year Old Account
    LOL the second sentence of the OP apologizes for being "semi-OT". Quickest derail ever! Good stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Cpt. Obvious to the rescue! WoW patch 2.0 <> WoW2. Game name did not change in expansions.
    You will never see WoW renamed to "2" other than the patch name. It is not a science fiction themed game like Starcraft to get numbers on its main names like that. It is by inception not possible to happen unless the art designers lose their minds.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calimon-ZJ View Post
    I must +1 this.
    It's NOT WoW2 if it doesn't involve a fresh start and a completely new game engine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Or do you not remember Cataclysm?

Sorry, I know, semi-OT, but I keep seeing "WoW 2" cropping up in certain areas and I can't imagine another time on the planet that could cause the perfect storm that was WoW to happen again.
    Wow.. sorry to see your bucket of salt over the table. Cataclysm has nothing to do with the concept of WoW2.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

A WOW2 would at the very least require everyone to start off from scratch with new lvl1 characters. I didn't see that happening during cataclysm, I still had my mage from Wrath at lvl80.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    No, Cata was an expansion no matter how philosophical you think you are being.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    WoW patch 2.0 <> WoW2.
    Get your silly SQL syntax out of here! != is the only legit syntax! #ProgrammerPeeve

Not everyone disliked Cataclysm, and it most certainly wasn't WoW 2.0:
    -I personally enjoyed the more streamlined questing (despite it being broken halfway thanks to TBC and somewhat during LK before getting to 80+ zones)
    -The zones look visibly nicer, and the ambience improved
    -Granted, the buildup to the big-baddy Deathwing sucked balls, but the encounters themselves were very enjoyable.

A true WoW 2.0 would be made with a (hopefully) brand-new engine, and I don't care if it's Unity or Unreal, new systems, new graphics, new story/stories, and a whole lot more.
    There'd be less time to put into an x-pack and slow upgrades to the current engine, than building an engine from scratch (3+ years), fleshing out the new lore for the game, building assets, programming features/mechanics.

The only time I'd see WoW 2.0 ever coming is when Blizzard is done with WoW 1.0, goes back to Warcraft RTS games built in the Starcraft 2 engine, and uses that time to prepare.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zubaja View Post
    Get your silly SQL syntax out of here! != is the only legit syntax! #ProgrammerPeeve
    WoW uses Lua, in which it is ~=, not !=.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zubaja View Post
    Lets do it properly and replace with ≠

Math > any programming language

do you compare guild wars and guild wars 2 in the same way?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Does it really require that much effort to type, 'does not equal?' There isn't a character limit here as far as I know. /shrug.
    Horde always.

Cata wasn't a bad expansion. Lots of good things about it.

Hardly WoW2 though. A sequel to WoW would change everything. Not "everything" like how we bitch about every minute change to the game on here as if it's everything, I mean EVERYTHING.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    cata was fine only dragon soul sucked don't know why people think its the worse expan when it really wasn't bad.