So what happened to God of War franchise anyway?

Question as title. God of War series has been, imo, the perfect game! Blood, gods, boobs and slashing through mythology like it's nobody's business! I always thought Kratos should take a whack at Norse mythology too; how fucking cool would Kratos vs. Thor would be?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well there was this post on Polygon a few months back:

http://www.polygon.com/2016/4/5/1136...orse-mythology

It's been awfully silent around GoW.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

Quote Originally Posted by Nutricul View Post
    Well there was this post on Polygon a few months back:

http://www.polygon.com/2016/4/5/1136...orse-mythology

It's been awfully silent around GoW.
    Damn...I might consider buying a PS4 just for that.

Really? I bought like the latest God of War game and the camera angle being so stiff bothered me so much I stopped playing after level 2.

Milking the udders off the cow is what happened.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Milking the udders off the cow is what happened.
    ? Aren't there only 4 games?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Always figured they were done with it after 3's semi-open ending. Only thing they've released since then was a prequel. PlayStation will probably get them to make another for when the PS4.5 rolls around.

Quote Originally Posted by plantation View Post
    4 console games 2 handheld games.

It's funny the polar opposite his response is. Claiming the series is milked, while OP is claiming the IP has somehow gone away.

The last game just came out only 3 years ago, so it's far from being gone for that long. At the same time it has never been anywhere close to an annual franchise so not sure how silly guy above is claiming milked.

In reality it's in the middle of these ridiculous statements.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Always figured they were done with it after 3's semi-open ending. Only thing they've released since then was a prequel. PlayStation will probably get them to make another for when the PS4.5 rolls around.
    SSM has already been working on a game for over 2 years now. It was teased at PSX as a God of War game. It's been in development long before Neo was ever a thing. It may or may not have some neo mode but it was developed with PS4 in mind. Expect to see it at e3(where most think Sony won't talk about neo at all anyways).

There are tons of pantheons out there to destroy, it doesn't even have to be Kratos... I don't really like the stiff camera as @Blueobelisk already said. It's playable but it's not optimal and doesn't really compete with modern games, although sometimes it's nice like the Cronos fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    the biggest rumor is the norse mythology and i'm hoping they'll say something on E3 because a norse mythology game would be awesome with Loki working the same way as Athena did scheming against both Odin and whoever you play as.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Yeah, my mistake, I've always remember staring at God of War advertisments for so long I remembered it as a new game coming out. My bad.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Yeah, my mistake, I've always remember staring at God of War advertisments for so long I remembered it as a new game coming out. My bad.
    Its was probably just the PS4 port.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I'm pretty sure a franchise like that can only go on for so long without becoming incredibly stale. I'd love to see that team work on a similar style game in a new universe/mythology though, it'd be epic for sure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by plantation View Post
    1. God of War: Ascension (PS3)
    2. God of War: Chains of Olympus (PSP, PS3 Remastered)
    3. God of War (PS2, PS3 Remastered)
    4. God of War: Ghost of Sparta (PSP, PS3 Remastered)
    5. God of War: Betrayal (Mobile side scroller)
    6. God of War II (PS2, PS3 Remastered)
    7. God of War III (PS3, PS4 Remastered)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    the biggest rumor is the norse mythology and i'm hoping they'll say something on E3 because a norse mythology game would be awesome with Loki working the same way as Athena did scheming against both Odin and whoever you play as.
    If you take enough steps back you will notice that most religions have very similiar skeletons.
    Get cynical enough and you start viewing things as exotic remixes of one another.

It ended? Aside for that GoW 4 concept art I had understood that the series had ended with God of War III. Kratos' story finished and if something else comes it will take place elsewhere.

God of War series and Red Dead Redemption are some of the games i wish came out for PC
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Deleted
    I am fairly sure they simply ran out of gods, semi-gods and legendary people