Free Trial level cap is increased to lvl.35

So this is an interesting one. You can now get all classes to lvl.35 on a trial account character and unlock all the pre heavensward jobs and the first couple of quests in each jobs storyline.

So now for free you can get up to Titan, dungeons like Haukke Manor and try the jobs, the betters sets of abilities and you get a way better experience. God knows the amount of times i've heard people say it 'seems slow' because some classes like lancer have little off gdc skills by lvl.20 at the current cap.

So now the free trial as of next patch day is
    >lvl.1-35 on all combat and crafting classes
    >ifrit and titan primal fights
    >satasha, tam-tara deepcroft, copperbell mines, halatali, thousand maws of totorak, brayflox longstop, haukke manor and sunken temple of quarn dungeons
    >all but the last 2 guildhests
    >hall of the novice
    >all pre heavensward jobs including Ninja that came in ARR patches
    >golden saucer
    >chocobo racing
    >lords of verminion
    >triple triad
    >story up to the beginning of the empire/ultima weapon arc

and theres talk of a lvl.60 character for pvp as well.

-inb4 comparisons to wows trial again

This is good. Now people can start getting a better taste of the classes and jobs. The level 20 cutoff is pretty bland, really.

is this game decent???? can it be compared to something else???

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    is this game decent???? can it be compared to something else???
    Wow refined. Ooor bc or wrath Era but better

This is exactly what they should have done originally. 20 is way too restrictive and doesn't allow players to get their Job or experience the story when it starts to get decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Wow refined. Ooor bc or wrath Era but better
    cool, ty

Its hard to get the hang of it??? really wanna try another MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    This is exactly what they should have done originally. 20 is way too restrictive and doesn't allow players to get their Job or experience the story when it starts to get decent.
    Its a good point to get you in the thick of it so to speak. By sunken temple your party all has jobs which sets their endgame roles and what gear to shoot for, dungeons have mechanics like "run to this glowing panel as Doom counts down" and fights like titan are great movement tutorials.

Compare it to wow right now where the potential player sees a zerg of people in heirlooms that in most cases ive seen will call them a 'nub' and try and kick them for not having heirlooms and thats a taste of 20 levels out of 100 as opposed to 35 out of 60 and this seems like a far better way to ease people in.

Deleted
    But can you continue with your trial character where you left off once you upgrade to a full account? Last I heard you had to start from scratch once you upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    But can you continue with your trial character where you left off once you upgrade to a full account? Last I heard you had to start from scratch once you upgrade
    I played trial for 2-3 weeks before going all in on the game and I didn't have to reroll. So yes, you can continue with your character you made during trial.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    Yes, you can do that. At least I could last October (when the cap was lvl 20).