Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    I was gonna assume that it'd have to go down dramatically with legion launch.

From what I can tell it should be roughly based on "more players = lower token gold price" since on US realms tokens only cost about half as much gold as here (and I assume there are more people playing on US servers - why else would they just be twice as expensive here? Certainly not as a "fuck you" from blizzard, right?).
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Blizzard didn't have any problem killing Kael'thas, Illidan, Kael'thas, Lady Vashj, or even Kael'thas.

Numbers of players alone do not define the price.
    Even if you want to assume that the EU is actually a bigger source of players than the US, do you honestly believe it is about double.

A skewing of buyers vs sellers due to external reasons is a good explanation of the difference.
    Look at the economic situations in EU region countries such as Greece and Russia.
    Greek players particularly have had difficulties paying for the game via the traditional means, and so could have skewed them towards in-game purchases instead of with cash.
    There have been blue posts discussing that.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    You're assuming they will be poor. This is a poor assumption. You won't need a lot of cash in Legion anyways. It's not like people are going to be buying $200+ or so of tokens to get a spider mount.
    Token prices are dropping daily with people coming back to the game daily. So yeah, just as I said it's gonna go.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    I'm having trouble grasping how this works to for some reason. The tokens started out at around 35k and have only gone up, now almost triple their original price. The number of players buying the tokens must have shrunk by a lot due to the content drought and people banking up on a bunch of tokens early. This must mean that the number of people actually buying the token for real money and putting it on the AH must have gone down drastically or have I misunderstood how this works?
    Yes. The demand for gold in the game is much smaller than the demand for free game time. No one needs gold because no one plays the game anyway, therefore not many people are buying the token for real money.

10+ Year Old Account
    When the new expansion comes and creates demand for gold, the price of token should fall.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    Token prices are dropping daily with people coming back to the game daily. So yeah, just as I said it's gonna go.
    Is it really? It doesn't seem to be. It's hovering around 40k, it used to be 40-50k, now it's 40-45k. It feels more like it's just stabilizing.

Don't know about US realms, talking about EU.

Actually after checking, US is exactly the same, price going down steadily for the last 30 days.

it hasn't fallen much on U.S. realms; it's perhaps 1-2k lower than the end of june based on daily averages and there've been some spikes in the meantime (tokens were briefly 45k when the prepatch dropped.) EU realms appear to have shown a bit more decline, but not a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    Don't know about US realms, talking about EU.

Actually after checking, US is exactly the same, price going down steadily for the last 30 days.
    Oh, well, fair enough.