Alliance Horde Demon Hunter transmog as Alliance?

Alliance demon hunters and Horde demon hunters start with similar sets with different colors (Night Elf silver, Blood Elf golden). The questing 680 set is also different, alliance gets a silver set and horde gets a golden set (example: this quest gives two rewars, but you can't choose, the item is automaticaly assigned according to your faction).
    My question is: If I make 2 demon hunters in different servers, one alliance and the other horde, can I transmog the alliance set to the horde set? Are both sets added to the wardrobe without racial restriction? Because I really like the golden one but I play Alliance.
    Thank you.

15+ Year Old Account
    I tested this out on the Beta, and it works like all Alliance/Horde specific gear. You only learn the appearance available to your faction.

Quote Originally Posted by k0nker View Post
    I tested this out on the Beta, and it works like all Alliance/Horde specific gear. You only learn the appearance available to your faction.
    But, if you make two demon hunters, can you transmog both sets on both characters regardless of faction once you learn them? There are some items that can only be otained by a specific faction, like the Very Light Sabre or the Krom'gar Champion's Plate Pauldrons, but as soon as you obtain them they can be transmogged by the opposite faction as well.

From what k0nker says, it seems the sets are more like the two different skin of the same item. Or rather, they work like ToC raid loots. Horde get a sword that automatically changes into an axe when you faction change.

That, or it's like every faction exclusive skin. But it doesn't seem like you can actually use the other one. Shame, i would have liked to use the silver one.

can confirm as well. I tried it on the beta and can only get the gold version on the blood elf and silver version on the night elf.

What a shame My transmog plans are now depleted. Thank you for your answes!

10+ Year Old Account
    It is like the TOC t9 sets. A/H exclusive, but it will change with faction