Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilanth View Post
    I've mine set to Shrine of Seven Stars for convenience. It's has the most portals (IIRC).
    Doesn't everyone?

Also at shrine for my non mage characters. Mage hearthstone is set to the Celestial tournament for farming the mount that doesn't want to drop for the past 6-8 months.

It moves depending on what mount I'm currently farming. I have 6 Horde toons with stone set to Grom'gol in STV for farming Razzashi Raptor. When I get it, I'm moving them all to Ramkahen to farm Altairus.

Dang, I really need a mage character...

At the Shrine! But since we're getting a second hearth stone for Dalaran I'll save them to farming sites. And unless something changes I'll still keep my garrison and shipyard hearth stones in my bag.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Mage city has tons of portals? Mind: Blown.
    Was commenting on the poster who said they hope they don't remove shrine portals...

Shrine, portals. Mostly because I do Cata raids each week and getting to Dalaran to then get to Caverns of Time is substantially faster than waiting for a Boat/Zepplin to then fly to Dala, to then portal to CoT.

I don't really understand why SS/WS was limited to 3 portals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, well, Shrine of course. But then again, I have like, 8 different teleport items.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    stormwind.
    i dont need your pitiful pre made portals, i can create them myself!

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt0193 View Post
    Shrine, portals. Mostly because I do Cata raids each week and getting to Dalaran to then get to Caverns of Time is substantially faster than waiting for a Boat/Zepplin to then fly to Dala, to then portal to CoT.

I don't really understand why SS/WS was limited to 3 portals.
    No need to wait for the boat; just take the portal to Uldum and fly to CoT.

Deleted
    Shrine is the only logical choice for non mages..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilanth View Post
    I've mine set to Shrine of Seven Stars for convenience. It's has the most portals (IIRC).
    Why? What's outside my garrison to warrant it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Shrine. Of course. That way I can get to Dalaran, Pandaria, Shattrath and Silvermoon from the same hearthstone point.

Oh and the ratchet teleporter if I'm alliance.

Before MoP it was set to silvermoon, the dark portal... Portal in sunfury spire helped me get back to org when I needed it and allowed me to stay in my favourite city.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2016-05-28 at 07:31 PM.

i have mine set to shrine on all chars except mage (cause teleport/portals) for farming raids, faster travel. not surprised almost everyone in this thread does that.

My main has it set in Warspear. She's an engineer and has that cloak to go to Orgrimmar, so I can get everywhere quickly anyway. My alts, uhm, probably in the last location where I was leveling.

All my toons are Shrine for portal reasons. Mage eh.. don't know? I think Lionswatch maybe? Warlock is the only one that has Hearth/Garrison/Shipyard Compass.

Edit: Forgot about the Stormwind Cloak.
    Last edited by maunazero; 2016-05-28 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Old Age!

I set mine to the main outposts in Tanaan. It's where I need them most often, for gearing up early on and for oil dailies later. Also handy for Kazz and HFC. If I want Ashran I can still hearth then run through the portal, or just use the portal in my garrison.

On those rare occasions when I need other places, I have other ways of travel (Jaina's Locket, guild cloak, Argent Tourney tabard, etc.). I use the hearthstone for the place I travel the most.

Why sit in garrison begging for summons to Kazz or HFC when you can hearth and be there in under 60 seconds?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Shrine is the obvious choice. Has portals to all the major zones

Shrine, for the same reason OP said. Aside from that and the Garrison Hearthstone, I have a pretty good assortment of other items for teleporting around.

Jaina's Locket (Dalaran port that my group can use)
    Cloak of Coordination (Stormwind teleport)
    Kirin Tor Signet (Dalaran)
    Argent Tabard (Icecrown)
    Blessed Medallion of Karabor (Black Temple, so it's a quick way to Outland)

Between all of that, I can usually get where I need to go fairly quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Exodar, Silvermoon, Dalaran, Shattrath.
    There is a portal to Exodar right beside where you enter Darnassus from a portal, and Undercity has a teleporter to Silvermoon.

Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    Why sit in garrison begging for summons to Kazz or HFC when you can hearth and be there in under 60 seconds?
    Or instead of wasting your hearth cooldown, just take the portal in your garrison to Ashran, then take the portal to Lion's Watch / Vol'jin... town. It takes 5 seconds more and doesn't waste the hearth.

Same (shrine of the two moons or whatever its called)