Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Drynix View Post
    I don't mind female online gamers, heck, 7 of our mythic raiders are. I do mind the ones that demand special attention for being female. the whole: "OMG, I'm a girl, treat me with respect, you are just jealous, you don't know what its like to be a girl, omg you pig you should give me that loot".
    ^This

Females aren't an issue. Attention whores are.

... This is a thing? I honestly didn't realize there was "hatred for female gamers". Most of what I've seen in games is the same as irl, namely guys tripping over each other to try and impress the girl. Even if they only think the person is a girl irl.
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    WoW is ending soon. Mark my words right here right now.
    They're shifting to a Diablo MMO and putting World of Warcraft on hold for the moment/a while.
    Prophet tikcol at your disposal any day, any time.
    Spoken by the great prophet on 6/29/17

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    A lot of us play dude characters, never talk on voice unless we have to(3v3) because of attitudes like yours.
    It's true, I mained a male character for years simply due to the stigma of being a woman and not wanting to deal with it. After having issues using voicechat, which instantly changed people's attitudes towards me solely because of my gender, I ended up losing raid spots and ended up benched because I was "intruding on their male-space" despite having raided with them for nearly a year before using voicechat. I suppose the joke is on them, each time it happened, though, since removing me as a tank cost them 6 bosses of backtrack (a huge deal in classic/vanilla WoW) and then an entire tier the second time that it happened (backtracking from mid-SSC all the way to Malchezaar in Kara) because they couldn't replace my level of tanking ability.

I'm glad that since I changed realms, that this hasn't been an issue anymore.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    I dont get you people. female" gamers" are just fuckign JUST GAMERS. women are people too. end of fucking talk. They enjoy the same games as you.
    ANY hate for any women,female, girl, ANY gender, based only on their gender is unjustified. I mean i am sorry if you have NEVER talked to any girl, ever. but they are not mythical creatures from a different planet or species. My guild have a atleast 4 Class leaders that are women. and one of our raid leaders are as well. Just..
    I have no words..
    and btw, hopefully not anyone thinks that they're ALL what you said.. GOD this makes me angry.
    Silence woman, men are debating here.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if it's ever justified, but I just fucking hate women in online games. People stereotype they're all collectively psychotic bitches always nagging, being abnormal, and also horribly inept at the games they taint with their presence. Usually the worst offender is when they're paired with those white knight boyfriends or men they have on an absolute leash. This is not a passing thing or exaggeration but so common I really do think they're ALL LIKE THIS. Point case, the hot topic in the front of MMO C detailing a guild breakup based entirely on a woman's antics. Other than that, you know they always bitch over sexism and blah blah blah in media outlets. That shit is maddening.

But at the end of the day, I wonder if I'm looking at this too negatively.

You seem to have very limited interaction with women if you think they are all like this.

As for that guild, it was failed leadership that let it get out of hand.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is not even a remotely acceptable thread. We don't allow gender-bashing threads here.